Page 23 of 94 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Okay if Williamson has no plans for original Wally, then why give us this heart felt Flash War event only to rip the rug from under the fans ?
    Because he is a Barry fan?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Okay if Williamson has no plans for original Wally, then why give us this heart felt Flash War event only to rip the rug from under the fans ?
    I agree. It doesn't make sense. And that's why I'm sure there's a whole lot more to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Because he is a Barry fan?
    Could have fooled me. He writes a good Wally but a pretty terribly unlikable Barry.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I agree. It doesn't make sense. And that's why I'm sure there's a whole lot more to the story.

Could have fooled me. He writes a good Wally but a pretty terribly unlikable Barry.
    He's said half a dozen times he prefers Barry to Wally.

It wouldn't be first time dc did it or even first time this century.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I wouldn't call his Barry unlikable. Just surprisingly dour (but that predates him with the dead mom retcon).

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Maybe because he's writing Barry right now. So he doesn't want to knock him. But he definitely writes a really good Wally and just a so so Barry.

Bucellatto also wanted to bring in Wally during the new 52 and Didio blocked him. Could be a similar situation here.

Williamson has mentioned in a few interviews that he wanted to bring Wally into his run awhile ago but guess what happened?

Didio is so threatened by Wally it's actually pretty funny.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Look, I've reading comics long enough to realise that a character as big as Wally isn't killed off panel.
    I know there's more than likely more to the story, but the fact is it shows just how few fucks DC give about Wally West and his fans.

I have never called for Didio to lose his job as I think that's a remarkably awful thing to do to someone who is simply doing an incredibly difficult job to the best of his ability.
    That said, his clear dislike of anything legacy has finally forced me to give up on DC Comics for the foreseeable future.
    There is simply very very little that appeals to me as a reader anymore.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

My subscriptions have been dropping off one by one ever since Metal began, and I'm down to just Doomsday Clock now. Once that's over, I'm done with DC.
    Wally's death was the final straw.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Fantastic Member

Okay if Williamson has no plans for original Wally, then why give us this heart felt Flash War event only to rip the rug from under the fans?
    Because it was ultimately about setting things up for Barry while getting to play with some new toys. Look at what future story elements Barry got from Wally's presence in the Flash book: pursuing Hunter, Bart and the missing Flash-Family, becoming faster than Wally again, Iris regaining some of her memories, Commander Cold, the new forces, and a few more things.

What did Wally get? His story getting redirected to HiC through his kids being acknowledged with no forward movement. He already had enough reasons to theoretically be at Sanctuary without that. All the while Williamson essentially portrayed Wally as being the type of hero Hunter wanted him to become during Flash War. It's entirely possible HiC simply got in the way because we have no idea how things lined up planning wise, but the end result really wasn't worth it from a Wally perspective in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Look, I've reading comics long enough to realise that a character as big as Wally isn't killed off panel.
    I know there's more than likely more to the story, but the fact is it shows just how few fucks DC give about Wally West and his fans.

I have never called for Didio to lose his job as I think that's a remarkably awful thing to do to someone who is simply doing an incredibly difficult job to the best of his ability.
    That said, his clear dislike of anything legacy has finally forced me to give up on DC Comics for the foreseeable future.
    There is simply very very little that appeals to me as a reader anymore.
    Same. I was actually enjoying Williamson’s Flash but it is starting to get redundant and needlessly dark, which is not the Flash. Also, this whole other forces is ridiculous. I am reading the next two issues of Hawkman because Ray Palmer is in it......yet another one of my favorite characters who I rarely get to read about anymore. I will be dropping both of these titles soon.
    The only other book that I am genuinely excited about is Shazam in November.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Same. I was actually enjoying Williamson’s Flash but it is starting to get redundant and needlessly dark, which is not the Flash. Also, this whole other forces is ridiculous. I am reading the next two issues of Hawkman because Ray Palmer is in it......yet another one of my favorite characters who I rarely get to read about anymore. I will be dropping both of these titles soon.
    The only other book that I am genuinely excited about is Shazam in November.
    Agreed, I’m also dropping Flash for a while, Wally’s death in HiC doesnt make me happy with Barry for committing him plus the Ghost Wally makes me think Barry hasnt told Iris that Wally’s Dead, so I’m taking a break from Flash and Titans for a while and sticking to the Justice Leagues, I’m also dropping King’s Batman
    Last edited by Denirac; 09-27-2018 at 02:39 AM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Same. I was actually enjoying Williamson’s Flash but it is starting to get redundant and needlessly dark, which is not the Flash. Also, this whole other forces is ridiculous.
    The darkness started creeping into Flash when they decided to have Barry's mum murdered by Eobard. Barry became the Flash because he felt it was the right thing to do. That core of the character was lost when they made it about his quest to prove his father's innocence.

I've actually enjoyed Williamson's run quite a bit, but it's gotten darker & darker as it's gone along and Barry just isn't that likeable anymore.

And don't get me started about the treatment of Wally West and the Flash Family since Flash Rebirth....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Agreed, I’m also dropping Flash for a while, Wally’s death in HiC doesnt make me happy with Barry for committing him plus the Ghost Wally makes me think Barry hasnt told Iris that Wally’s Dead, so I’m taking a break from Flash and Titans for a while and sticking to the Justice Leagues, I’m also dropping King’s Batman
    I read that issue as Barry doesn't know about Wally yet. He seems to indicated that everything at Sanctuary is going smoothly and he assumes the ghost is Mirror Master playing tricks.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I read that issue as Barry doesn't know about Wally yet. He seems to indicated that everything at Sanctuary is going smoothly and he assumes the ghost is Mirror Master playing tricks.
    I feel based off the words the Ghost had that Barry knew what happened and it was his Guilt over sending him there
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Are you sure of that? Cause I remember just the opposite…
    I remember he also said once that he’s always been a Wally fan. It’s just since he gets older, he begins to understand and like Barry.