Page 46 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

OMG, the DC writers of that era have found my kryptonite---FUN! The sight of those bananas hanging from the title and Chimpulse is turning the emotional side of my brain to absolute mush. Probably banana cream mush.
    So. Darn. CUTE! Gah!
    And that is just the cover scene!

patience..
    patience....
    I refuse to sign up for Comixology.
    Waiting for solid trade.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    OMG, the DC writers of that era have found my kryptonite---FUN! The sight of those bananas hanging from the title and Chimpulse is turning the emotional side of my brain to absolute mush. Probably banana cream mush.
    So. Darn. CUTE! Gah!
    And that is just the cover scene!
    Did you ever read . . .

Secret Origins #40 (May 1989)?

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Did you ever read . . .

You reminded me of one of my favorite issues as a kid. This was a fun one.
    679825.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Did you ever read . . .

No.
    I haven't.

BUT I WANT TO NOW.

(i'm gonna have to rob a bank or something. see what you done.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

I'll confess I'm not really a fan of apes or monkeys, but there is something hilarious about comically drawn apes (the ones flying through the air/chimpulse) and bananas. Even the name bananas is funny. I don't know why.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I thought Chimpulse was INSPIRED.

JLApe was fun!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I thought Chimpulse was INSPIRED.

JLApe was fun!
    I really liked that DC annuals in the 90s were all themed.

91 was Armegadon 2001
    92 was Eclipse
    93 was Bloodlines
    94 was Elseworlds(Really fun)
    95 was Year One
    96 was Legends of the Dead earth
    97 was Pulp heroes
    98 was Ghosts
    99 was JLApe

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Any of those from dead earth on to JLAPE feature a relevant amount of Wally?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Any of those from dead earth on to JLAPE feature a relevant amount of Wally?
    Pulp Heroes has Wally in it. It's a romance issue with a great cover. And JLApe is Dark Flash. Not sure about dead earth and ghosts though.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Pulp Heroes has Wally in it. It's a romance issue with a great cover. And JLApe is Dark Flash. Not sure about dead earth and ghosts though.
    907201.jpg

900905.jpg

98 Annual was a good one too!
    Wally gets a visit from Johnny Quick!

The Dead Earth annual doesn't centre around Wally - but the reveal is great. Beautiful JH Williams art too.
    The Pulp Heroes annual had a story that involved the Rainbow Raider and was good fun too.

The only annual that left me cold was the first one written by Mike Baron!
    Wally for some silly reason learns the 'death touch' only for it to never be mentioned again - which is a good thing!

You can also skip annuals 4 and 5 and not miss out on anything as they are a part of the Armageddon 2001 and Eclipso The Darkness Within crossovers.
    Annual #6 was the Bloodlines crossover, which was pretty awful, but did give us Argus - who I loved!
    #7 was Elseworlds and was a great Wally/Barry story
    #8 was Year One story written by Mark Waid and kicks arse.

I read the news today... Oh Boy.... Latest issue of The Flash, another version of Wally is killed! Hard to stay positive these days with DC
    I have no beef with Vegans

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    I read the news today... Oh Boy.... Latest issue of The Flash, another version of Wally is killed! Hard to stay positive these days with DC
    DC should just pull a Dark Angel like what happened with Donna and just have someone run around the multiverse killing all versions of him.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    The only positive thing I can find here is that I was able to return all of my The Flash (Rebirth series) books for full cash back. Was starting to feel a little regret as I like Barry well enough and all... but damn does DC seemed determined to drive me away from newer material.

On a much better note: am absolutely loving the Flash by Waid reprints.
    "NINJAS!" (thank god!)

That bit is still hilarious.

Only worry there is that given the past books I don't see how they are going to do Book #7 unless they decide to include the last books by Waid to fill up the trade.