Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152 LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 777
  1. #736
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Oh gotcha. Thanks. I really liked Emergency stop I also thought the lightning suit Wally made for himself was awesome. Wouldn't mind seeing it again.



    I agree. I didnt really care for most of Wally'a artists. Greg Laroque is the best for me and the classic Wally artist. He was also on it for so long. I really liked Oscar Jimenez as well. And Paul Ryan was pretty good.

    I did not like Weringo. Too cartoony and Wally had a really square jaw. Didn't care for Scott Kolins either. And as you mentioned the Black Flash and Ignition arcs were pretty bad art wise.

    More recently I really like Duce on Wally. I would have picked him for a Wally ongoing.
    Oh, good: I'm not the only Not-A-Fan of Kolins work. For all of a few minutes I liked it when I first ran across in 2009. After that minute was gone however.... Meh. Can't really explain why either. Too weighty? Like the difference between water color and heavy acrylic oils. While Weringo was 'watered down' watercolors in a Bugs Bunny cartoon. I liked it in small bursts in the Impulse trades, but would hate to have to see those caricatures all the time. (Was a bit jarring to go with both that and more 'realistic' styles while reading the trade of Dead Heat with the Impulse tie-in chapters. Doesn't really work well at all.

    Edit: Unlike with the movie Space Jam where real actors interacting with the Looney Tunes gang was quite fun.
    Last edited by Kyer; 11-02-2018 at 07:48 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

  2. #737
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    153

    Default

    The thing about the art that really gets me distracted from The Black Flash, it's how Bart looks in the first part.


  3. #738
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Oh wow, yeah, I hated Pop Mahn's art. Most of the artists who worked on Wally's comic ranged from good to great, though.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

  4. #739
    Mighty Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Oh, good: I'm not the only Not-A-Fan of Kolins work. For all of a few minutes I liked it when I first ran across in 2009. After that minute was gone however.... Meh. Can't really explain why either. Too weighty? Like the difference between water color and heavy acrylic oils. While Weringo was 'watered down' watercolors in a Bugs Bunny cartoon. I liked it in small bursts in the Impulse trades, but would hate to have to see those caricatures all the time. (Was a bit jarring to go with both that and more 'realistic' styles while reading the trade of Dead Heat with the Impulse tie-in chapters. Doesn't really work well at all.

    Edit: Unlike with the movie Space Jam where real actors interacting with the Looney Tunes gang was quite fun.
    What I don't like about Kolins that I can articulate is his lines are way too thick and everyone has squinty eyes and puckered lips a lot.

    I think your talking about Humberto Ramos for the Impulse tie in issues for Dead Heat. It was pretty bad. He worked for the cartoony Impulse in general but those particular issues were terrible. Even as a small kid seeing that I was like what the?
    Favorite Heroes - Flash/Wally West, Superman, Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, Nightwing, Hawkman, Firestorm, Supergirl/Linda Danvers, Zatanna, Robin/Tim Drake.

    Current Comics Picking Up - Action Comics, Superman, Catwoman, Hawkman, Justice League Dark.
    Go Go Power Rangers.

  5. #740
    Mighty Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Norm Rapmund is a huge Wally fan and puts up some awesome sketches of his. Here are some recent ones.
    Screenshot_2018-11-03-21-17-00.jpg

    Screenshot_2018-11-03-21-17-18.jpg
    Favorite Heroes - Flash/Wally West, Superman, Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, Nightwing, Hawkman, Firestorm, Supergirl/Linda Danvers, Zatanna, Robin/Tim Drake.

    Current Comics Picking Up - Action Comics, Superman, Catwoman, Hawkman, Justice League Dark.
    Go Go Power Rangers.

  6. #741
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    34,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Norm Rapmund is a huge Wally fan and puts up some awesome sketches of his. Here are some recent ones.
    Screenshot_2018-11-03-21-17-00.jpg

    Screenshot_2018-11-03-21-17-18.jpg
    Reminds me of Todd Nauck.

  7. #742
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Norm Rapmund is a huge Wally fan and puts up some awesome sketches of his. Here are some recent ones.
    Screenshot_2018-11-03-21-17-00.jpg

    Screenshot_2018-11-03-21-17-18.jpg
    * 0_- (wawoo!)

    Oh... those are good. I want every one of my Wally trades redone by that artist.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

  8. #743
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Brisbane-ish Australia
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Oh wow, yeah, I hated Pop Mahn's art. Most of the artists who worked on Wally's comic ranged from good to great, though.
    Yup.
    I remember when Pop Mahn's art first appeared and it was the first time I really didn't like an artist's work on the book.
    And it wasn't like 'Ringo, where it grew on me to the point where I ended up loving it, I just cringed every time I saw his name on the cover.
    That said, I will say I find his recent work much more appealing.

    As a reader, I always thought us Flash fans were VERY lucky in regards to the artists we were given.
    From Infantino, Andru, Novick, Saviuk, LaRocque, Jimenez, Wieringo, Ryan, Kolins, Pelletier, Porter, Manapul - not a bad list!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

  9. #744
    Mighty Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post

    As a reader, I always thought us Flash fans were VERY lucky in regards to the artists we were given.
    From Infantino, Andru, Novick, Saviuk, LaRocque, Jimenez, Wieringo, Ryan, Kolins, Pelletier, Porter, Manapul - not a bad list!
    Agreed. We have had many great artists to draw this handsome devil.
    Flash-DC-Comics-Wally-West-a.jpg
    Favorite Heroes - Flash/Wally West, Superman, Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, Nightwing, Hawkman, Firestorm, Supergirl/Linda Danvers, Zatanna, Robin/Tim Drake.

    Current Comics Picking Up - Action Comics, Superman, Catwoman, Hawkman, Justice League Dark.
    Go Go Power Rangers.

  10. #745
    Mighty Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Also apparently today is Nation red head day so Happy National red head day Wally fans.
    tumblr_liqsker9TF1qbqwgdo1_500.jpg
    Favorite Heroes - Flash/Wally West, Superman, Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, Nightwing, Hawkman, Firestorm, Supergirl/Linda Danvers, Zatanna, Robin/Tim Drake.

    Current Comics Picking Up - Action Comics, Superman, Catwoman, Hawkman, Justice League Dark.
    Go Go Power Rangers.

  11. #746
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    34,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Also apparently today is Nation red head day so Happy National red head day Wally fans.
    tumblr_liqsker9TF1qbqwgdo1_500.jpg
    Happy red head day! Always be my favorite color .

  12. #747
    Mighty Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    kid-flash2.jpg
    Catching up on some classic Wally.
    Favorite Heroes - Flash/Wally West, Superman, Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, Nightwing, Hawkman, Firestorm, Supergirl/Linda Danvers, Zatanna, Robin/Tim Drake.

    Current Comics Picking Up - Action Comics, Superman, Catwoman, Hawkman, Justice League Dark.
    Go Go Power Rangers.

  13. #748
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Nice art.
    Always fun to see old pics like that because I recognize the old furniture styles!
    To this day when a story says someone is going to reach for a phone I still first expect to see a rotary phone and not a cel.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

  14. #749
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    . . . To this day when a story says someone is going to reach for a phone I still first expect to see a rotary phone and not a cel.
    I still have a rotary phone somewhere (I think) . . . can't remember if I actually used it since the turn of the century or not.

  15. #750
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I still have a rotary phone somewhere (I think) . . . can't remember if I actually used it since the turn of the century or not.
    Very close relative used to work for "Ma Bell" before the breakup in the 1980's. We had rotary phones here, there, and everywhere! I kind of miss the dialing motion even if it was much slower.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •