Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 428288899091929394 LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1401

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    With the exception of like three episodes (Brainiac Luthor, Flash and Substance, and the Justice Lords final episode) Wally was a consistent and laughable jobber in the JL cartoon. There wasn't another, directly superior speedster to compare him poorly to but he was definitely not badass most of the time.
    There was another episode when he had to survive against a corrupted Justice League and toss a bomb into the Sun. He had a pretty good showing in the Mister Miracle episode and Black Hawk episodes too. For an ensemble show I think Wally got plenty of great moments.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    There was another episode when he had to survive against a corrupted Justice League and toss a bomb into the Sun. He had a pretty good showing in the Mister Miracle episode and Black Hawk episodes too. For an ensemble show I think Wally got plenty of great moments.
    Those are relatively minor bits where Wally works well as part of the team. That bomb scene was always weird to me because...couldn't GL just...put the bomb at the end of his light beam? Like the Black Hawk episode was more of a Hawkgirl one anyhow. Bird synergy I guess.

The relevance scale was Batman > Supes > Wonder Woman > GL and Hawkgirl together > Wally > J'onn. Poor J'onn never had a lot going for him.

Heck I think Green Arrow got more relevant screentime overall once we count up JLU.

Again, I'm not trying to say Wally was mistreated, it's just the nature of ensemble shows. It's nearly impossible to give everyone equal screentime and relevance.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Those are relatively minor bits where Wally works well as part of the team.
    But that shouldn't dismiss them as good and enjoyable moments for Wally. He may not have been the most important, but his character was frequently allowed to be useful and given positive moments to balance out some of the other stuff. It's not about how much he was used as it about how he was used.

All Young Justice really offered was him taking out Count Vertigo. Outside of that, I believe he was pretty much ineffective whenever the team went up against a named villain unless you count him blindsiding Cheshire twice in "Insecurity". He got to beat up some mooks and offer the occasional science exposition while the others did the heavy lifting.

Now I don't mean that as a criticism. It's just an observation from the substance they provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    All Young Justice really offered was him taking out Count Vertigo. Outside of that, I believe he was pretty much ineffective whenever the team went up against a named villain unless you count him blindsiding Cheshire twice in "Insecurity". He got to beat up some mooks and offer the occasional science exposition while the others did the heavy lifting.
    He also started the Team tradition of collecting souvenirs from missions .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He also started the Team tradition of collecting souvenirs from missions .
    All of which sadly got blown up with the cave.

Though I do think Wally got to play the part of the tornado against Ivo's robot at the end of M'gann's debut episode.
    Last edited by Rend20; 12-27-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Yeah I think the main difference between YJ Wally and DCAU Wally is that I can't really imagine YJ Wally ever being his own hero let alone being the Flash. Maybe season 3 changes my mind but I don't have high hopes in the Wally area.

Astonishing Member

He's not going to be a part of season 3 for obvious reasons so don't hold your breath.

Geez we’re still on this topic?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Yeah I think the main difference between YJ Wally and DCAU Wally is that I can't really imagine YJ Wally ever being his own hero let alone being the Flash. Maybe season 3 changes my mind but I don't have high hopes in the Wally area.
    I think YJ Wally had room to grow into being The Flash and overcoming his issue with being slower then both Barry and Bart, had they not killed him off...

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I really liked Wally in season one. He was fun, energetic but also a bit immature. Classic Wally.

Now season two I don't even take into account and I don't think you should since it completely flipped everything on it's head. (for some reason)

Half the main characters were gone with the rest that remained drastictelly changed. Without showing how they got there. With a bunch of new characters coming out of nowhere and a plot that also didn't come close in continuity to the first one. I did not like what they did to the remaining heroes and didn't really care about the suddenly appearing new ones.

Now Wally definitely did get the short end of the stick but the whole series just completely changed and that really made me loseinterest in the whole thing.

The third season seems to continue this trend of having huge time gaps where everything is almost unrecognizable from the last one.

Such a shame since the I thought the first season was really good and a great foundation to build on. Rather than just destroy it and throw in something totally new.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I really liked Wally in season one. He was fun, energetic but also a bit immature. Classic Wally.

Now season two I don't even take into account and I don't think you should since it completely flipped everything on it's head. (for some reason)

Half the main characters were gone with the rest that remained drastictelly changed. Without showing how they got there. With a bunch of new characters coming out of nowhere and a plot that also didn't come close in continuity to the first one. I did not like what they did to the remaining heroes and didn't really care about the suddenly appearing new ones.

Now Wally definitely did get the short end of the stick but the whole series just completely changed and that really made me loseinterest in the whole thing.

The third season seems to continue this trend of having huge time gaps where everything is almost unrecognizable from the last one.

Such a shame since the I thought the first season was really good and a great foundation to build on. Rather than just destroy it and throw in something totally new.
    Was it Wally or Bart that ran that heart across country in the snow for a transplant? That was a great episode!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Was it Wally or Bart that ran that heart across country in the snow for a transplant? That was a great episode!
    It was Wally, the episode was called Coldhearted.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I still love the Superman TAS episode with Wally & Supes racing around the world and battling the Weather Wizard.
    "Man of steel, feet of LEAD!"
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Wally, that's an homage to his Flash #1 story.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Wow, they managed to make this cover even worse. I’ve lost all respect for everyone involved in HiC...