Page 16 of 94 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wally wasn't the Flash who was killed in Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    Wally became The Flash after it was Barry who died in CoIE. (Besides, Wally didn't die in Zero Hour: Crisis in Time.)
    You don't have top teach me Flash history, I'm well versed. Let me say it again: "it wouldn't be a Crisis without a dead Flash is a Didio line. An every time it was said it meant Wally".

There was no Didio in either COIE or Zero Hour.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wally wasn't the Flash who was killed in Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    Wally became The Flash after it was Barry who died in CoIE. (Besides, Wally didn't die in Zero Hour: Crisis in Time.)
    And no Flashes died in Identity Crisis and Barry came back in Final Crisis.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Just to remember happier times.

linda-park.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

linda-park.jpg
    It's hard to sit back and remember the good times when we know there is no future. It's the stagnant status quo that all these characters are getting in HiC that does nothing but damage the characters. It feels like DC is trying to stop these character from appearing so new fans will grow up with the new and different versions so the old can fade away.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It's hard to sit back and remember the good times when we know there is no future. It's the stagnant status quo that all these characters are getting in HiC that does nothing but damage the characters. It feels like DC is trying to stop these character from appearing so new fans will grow up with the new and different versions so the old can fade away.
    That's exactly what they're doing, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That's exactly what they're doing, to be honest.
    It's a war of attrition to an entire generation of characters.

DC should just do a separate Earth book about this generation so they can just stay away from the main universe and we can enjoy these characters. Like the Just Us book minus the whole TMZ/celebrity feel.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

linda-park.jpg
    I read this issue in the Waid collections. Really sweet .

A Glimmer of good news

spoilers:
    Wally in his Rebirth look is confirmed for Lego DC Villains along with Nightwing (in blue), Roy Harper and Donna Troy via the Character select screen which was shown several times in a Livestream at EGX with Arthur Parrsons, so at least he’s getting some media attention
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    A Glimmer of good news

spoilers:
    Wally in his Rebirth look is confirmed for Lego DC Villains along with Nightwing (in blue), Roy Harper and Donna Troy via the Character select screen which was shown several times in a Livestream at EGX with Arthur Parrsons, so at least he’s getting some media attention
    end of spoilers
    It's so weird looking at the past few games that DC has come out with. The costumes just change with the times, like they are trying so hard to make the New 52 suits stick or the in-between New 52 and Rebirth and now Rebirth itself. Just stick with the iconic look. Arkham Knight had a bunch of New 52 suits pushed with it, so did Lego Batman 3, Injustice 1 and 2, now Lego Villains.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I realise we're talking about fictional characters here, but damn it - Wally West is NOT a murderer. Wally West has been through more crap than most and never needed a visit to the 'Sanctuary'.
    He's been forgotten before. He's lost Linda before. He's had his unborn twins murdered by a super villain before. Hell, he's died before! Yet for some reason that's NEVER been sufficiently explained, THIS time is different.

And the Suicide Squad? REALLY?? You have GOT to be ****ing me DC. Whoever had the brilliant idea of shoehorning Wally West into a book like that needs to put down the pipe.

In the character's near 60 years of publication, where in any of those stories suggest Wally to be a candidate to go off the deep end, kill a shitload of innocent people and serve penance with the Suicide Squad??

I have to stop typing now, the more I think about it, the angrier I get and the more I rant incoherently.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    . . . I have to stop typing now, the more I think about it, the angrier I get and the more I rant incoherently.
    Piece of advice: save yourself some grief and wait until it actually happens in a printed comic book story that's on the shelves. Who knows how much of all this will turn out to be off-base or not-what-it-seems in the end.

Spectacular Member

flash fact!

wally was dead this exact time last year as well.

I realise we're talking about fictional characters here, but damn it - Wally West is NOT a murderer. Wally West has been through more crap than most and never needed a visit to the 'Sanctuary'.
    He's been forgotten before. He's lost Linda before. He's had his unborn twins murdered by a super villain before. Hell, he's died before! Yet for some reason that's NEVER been sufficiently explained, THIS time is different.

And the Suicide Squad? REALLY?? You have GOT to be ****ing me DC. Whoever had the brilliant idea of shoehorning Wally West into a book like that needs to put down the pipe.

In the character's near 60 years of publication, where in any of those stories suggest Wally to be a candidate to go off the deep end, kill a shitload of innocent people and serve penance with the Suicide Squad??

I have to stop typing now, the more I think about it, the angrier I get and the more I rant incoherently.
    Thank goodness I read my comics years in arrears. I’ll be giving that epic a big swerve.

It takes a special “genius” I think, to bring Barry back and then refuse to show Wally and Barry re-uniting as friends, whack one on JLA, other on solo comic..and periodically having joint adventures.

But DC is up to the difficult task of refusing to treat both as heroes. Heavens knows why...because surely Wally’s bizarre treatment decreases sales?

Fantastic Member

The thing is the derailing of his character (in Rebirth, anyway) really started with Flash War. It was essentially the anti-Blitz in terms of Wally's characterization and actions.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    flash fact!

wally was dead this exact time last year as well.
    Uh, for how long?

They returned him to DC continuity in late May of 2016, which would have been two years (and a few months) ago.
    (How well he used this time last year would be a different story.)