Page 69 of 94 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1401
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Hi guys, I hope everyone is fine (a little thought for our friend Kyer) ! Glad to see this thread is brighter than ever !

I wanted to share something I knew nothing about : Tangent : Superman's Reign, published in 2008.

Attachment 74545

As you can see on the cover, our Flash leads the way to what looks like a really cool crossover and a glorious trip across the Multiverse ! I read the first issue, written by Jurgens, and I thought it was a nice introduction. The first few pages are really exciting : Wally against Johnny Quick and Earth-9 Mirror Master. As I said, glorious.

I don't know if you guys knew this maxi-serie, but I would be really glad to have your opinion on this

Have a nice week everyone !
    I actually just picked up this issue randomly on sale a few weeks back. It was pretty intriguing. Plus I always liked the Tangent universe.

I was thinking about picking up the rest of the series but haven't gotten around to it yet.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

fpUWwcM.jpg
    The closest we'll come to Wally live action. lol.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Hey, quick question: how do people feel about Wally's Rebirth costume?

I gotta admit, I'm not really huge on it. The cut of the costume having all those Kid Flash elements (especially the mask) just makes it feel (to me) like a reversion; like it's Wally sliding back into Kid Flash territory. And I know that's what actually happened but I don't need my nose rubbed in it, yknow? It'd be like Nightwing putting the "R" on his chest again; a devolution of what the character has grown into.

I always thought the Walter West/Dark Flash costume was amazing, and wouldn't mind "real" Wally using it at all. Maybe make it a little brighter, but I'd be perfectly happy even if they went with the "really dark red-almost black" color scheme of the original.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I gotta admit, I'm not really huge on it. The cut of the costume having all those Kid Flash elements (especially the mask) just makes it feel (to me) like a reversion; like it's Wally sliding back into Kid Flash territory. And I know that's what actually happened but I don't need my nose rubbed in it, yknow? It'd be like Nightwing putting the "R" on his chest again; a devolution of what the character has grown into.

I always thought the Walter West/Dark Flash costume was amazing, and wouldn't mind "real" Wally using it at all. Maybe make it a little brighter, but I'd be perfectly happy even if they went with the "really dark red-almost black" color scheme of the original.
    I liked it more because it meant Wally was back... But now that things are worse than before, it represents everything I hate about the current DC regime.

I love the design but it does feel like a representation of DC holding Wally back.

I wouldn't go as far to say that it's like Dick having the Robin R again but I get what you mean.

Also be sure to get in on the Book Club guys!
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Dislike. Overall, not discernible boots is a weak look for the Flash, the Silver color-scheme is also a weak look for the Flash, and open cowl is for sidekicks.

Design-wise, is a great costume for almost any superhero, but in this case it sort of screams "yeah, not really The Flash".
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I've personally never viewed it as a reversion, just a suit that honors both of Wally's major Flash identities in one costume while giving him a distinctive look from Barry.

Like, I think the open-cowl is just a legitimate design choice. I don't think it necessarily screams "sidekick" just because that was Wally's Kid Flash look. Jay wears a helmet instead of a mask but nobody gives him guff about it. It's just a cool visual.

And as bad as Wally's treatment has been I don't think he's slid back into Kid Flash territory. He's not attached to Barry's hip like a sidekick and he's not a jerk on the Titans.
    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Design-wise, is a great costume for almost any superhero, but in this case it sort of screams "yeah, not really The Flash".
    I wouldn't say "not really The Flash," just "a different Flash, which is true.

Honestly the only main complaint is the stupid chin-strap. Can costumes please stop this?

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Honestly the only main complaint is the stupid chin-strap. Can costumes please stop this?
    I think the chin strap has it's uses in some instances (Cough)Grant Gustin(Cough) .

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I love Wally's rebirth suit. The chin strap is stupid tho.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    That's really how I see it, too. It really is a solid design but the mask being a call back to Kid Flash rubs me the wrong way. If this was for any other Flash, I'd be fine with it. But yeah, it feels like a visualization of Wally being demoted by returning to a visual marker from his sidekick days.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Like, I think the open-cowl is just a legitimate design choice. I don't think it necessarily screams "sidekick" just because that was Wally's Kid Flash look. Jay wears a helmet instead of a mask but nobody gives him guff about it. It's just a cool visual. .
    No, it *is* a legitimate design choice (most of the time), it just rubs me slightly wrong for Wally. If they had kept him in his classic Flash suit but added more yellow to it, I think I'd have felt the same way about that. I dont need Wally in the Barry-style Flash suit, but I dont want him in the Kid Flash suit, or anything too similar to it, either.

I think I'd be fine if Wally went back to the Kid Flash emblem; the lightning bolt without the circle. That'd probably be fine with me.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Aw, I like the chin strap. For some characters, anyway. I think it makes sense for Flashes; they gotta make sure that mask stays on at high velocity, right?

Plus it helps hide Barry's weak chin.

~ Black Panther.

Aw, I like the chin strap. For some characters, anyway. I think it makes sense for Flashes; they gotta make sure that mask stays on at high velocity, right?

Plus it helps hide Barry's weak chin.
    Superman needs a chin strap.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't say "not really The Flash," just "a different Flash, which is true.
    A Flash is not The Flash. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

20181205_155927.jpg
    20181205_155953.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by married guy; 12-05-2018 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Sorry WallyWest, having trouble uploading the images!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.