Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Kaldur'ahm/Jackson Hyde Appreciation Thread

Ever since Kaldur'ahm made his appearance in Young Justice, I've been needing more and more of him. I love his look, I love his power set, I love his backstory. I think he's a great character. It was actually Kaldur'ahm/Jackson that got me interested in the Aquaman mythos!

aqualad.jpg

Kaldur'ahm.jpg

So this thread is for Aqualad! Let's show him some love

Loved his portrayal in the show, curious about how he will be portrayed in Rebirth.

I'm more interested in him being raised Atlantean and he raised by his mom in the show so would be cool to bring those forward.

BANNED

Prefer the Brightest Day origin makes him relate more to his mentor which is what I was curious to see how that played as.

Garth is the Aqualad that was raised in Atlantis and rejected by his group of Atlanteans that's how he relates to Aquaman.

Kaldur is or I think should be the Aqualad that was raised on land having powers he doesnt understand. He should be the Aqualad that represents what Aquaman does belonging to both worlds but also to neither.

Favorite scene in BD
    20160525_100257.jpg
    If they ever decide to make an heir for Arthur/Mera he could represent destiny and having to take a burden he doesn't want.

Happy Kaldur is back though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Prefer the Brightest Day origin makes him relate more to his mentor which is what I was curious to see how that played as.

Garth is the Aqualad that was raised in Atlantis and rejected by his group of Atlanteans that's how he relates to Aquaman.

Kaldur is or I think should be the Aqualad that was raised on land having powers he doesnt understand. He should be the Aqualad that represents what Aquaman does belonging to both worlds but also to neither.

Favorite scene in BD
    20160525_100257.jpg
    If they ever decide to make an heir for Arthur/Mera he could represent destiny and having to take a burden he doesn't want.

Happy Kaldur is back though.
    Me too. Honestly, Kaldur/Jackson's disappearance was a huge thorn in my side for the longest time. If memory serves, they even said they had large plans for the character than never came to fruition, and he just slipped through the cracks. Hopefully, history doesn't repeat itself.

I hope they keep his tattoos. They were a really cool design (along with how they glowed when he used his powers.) It gave him such a defined and unique look.

While I'm sad to see his hairstyle gone (the dreads were nice) I can kind of understand why. That kind of hair probably would be a hindrance when it came to swimming.

I'm also excited to see who Jackson's spoilers:
    boyfriend is
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Ever since Greg Weisman subtly revealed Kaldur'ahm's sexuality in a tweet, people have been speculating about it. I'm pretty happy with the reveal...
    end of spoilers

Jackson's got potential....I just hope DC actually uses it, and doesn't throw all of the potential away like they did the first time.

I'd love it if Jackson joined the Teen Titans.

BANNED

Very happy to have him back!

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I didn't realize spoilers:
    Kaldur was gay. That's cool.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    Me too. Honestly, Kaldur/Jackson's disappearance was a huge thorn in my side for the longest time. If memory serves, they even said they had large plans for the character than never came to fruition, and he just slipped through the cracks. Hopefully, history doesn't repeat itself.

I hope they keep his tattoos. They were a really cool design (along with how they glowed when he used his powers.) It gave him such a defined and unique look.

While I'm sad to see his hairstyle gone (the dreads were nice) I can kind of understand why. That kind of hair probably would be a hindrance when it came to swimming.

I'm also excited to see who Jackson's spoilers:
    boyfriend is
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Ever since Greg Weisman subtly revealed Kaldur'ahm's sexuality in a tweet, people have been speculating about it. I'm pretty happy with the reveal...
    end of spoilers

Jackson's got potential....I just hope DC actually uses it, and doesn't throw all of the potential away like they did the first time.

I'd love it if Jackson joined the Teen Titans.
    That reveal really didn't do anything for me spoilers:
    He appeared in like one page and just to say that hay me a bit disappointed, I'm glad he's back though
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Out of curiosity what specifically did Weisman say about Kaldur's sexuality is he Gay, Bi, Demisexual, Savior Sexual. I think I'd prefer the last 3. For my silly ships that I had way back when he first appeared and from the YJ cartoon
    end of spoilers

To be honest I'd prefer him with Tim's generation then to be put into Damian's.
    1615687-tt_of_unternet.jpg

In regards to his appearance keep in mind since Garth's introduction he's had like 3 different hairstyles. Looking at Multiversity the Just. When Garth first appeared he wore something similar to when he appeared there. I'm assuming the say will be for Jackson tats and all.
    Hourman_Earth_16_0001.jpg

BANNED

Kaldur's what got me into the Aquaman mythos BTW to

That reveal really didn't do anything for me spoilers:
    He appeared in like one page and just to say that hay me a bit disappointed, I'm glad he's back though
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Out of curiosity what specifically did Weisman say about Kaldur's sexuality is he Gay, Bi, Demisexual, Savior Sexual. I think I'd prefer the last 3. For my silly ships that I had way back when he first appeared and from the YJ cartoon
    end of spoilers
    Bleeding Cool Link

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Greg didn't state if he is or not in that link. All that's said is that he isnt "I" from a guy or girl named Kristin.. not from Greg himself.
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 05-25-2016 at 12:21 PM.

Fantastic Member

Greg didn't state if he is or not in that link. All that's said is that he isnt I from a guy or girl named Kristin..
    spoilers:
    True, still, I'm really excited either way.
    end of spoilers

And now that he's back, I really hope they use this as a means to bring Black Manta further into the limelight. The relationship between the two in Young Justice was a huge highlight for me, and really gave Manta some depth.

Even though Kaldur/Jackson has returned, I'm still a little concerned about how they're going to move forward with him. Is it going to be a rehash of his first origin arc? Or something completely different? Is he going to be joining some teams? I think he'd be right at home in Teen Titans, or perhaps they could use him some place else? (I'm just terrified they're going to do the same thing to him that always happens. DC says they have ALL these plans, they talk a big game, and then he falls by the wayside.)

I'm kind of sick of getting excited for wonderful characters and then have them just sit there with no story. Anyone think Kaldur/Jackson will appear in the Aquaman movie? I certainly hope so. I think this Aqualad might be more familiar to the non comic crowd...but that's just me.

When I first saw Jackson Hyde in Brightest Day I wasn't sure I could warm up to the character, but by the end I was a fan.

I prefer this version to the YJ animated one. We have Garth as the Aqualad with strong connections to Atlantis, so I like that Jackson is coming from a completely different perspective. I like the dreads better, but something tells me he'll dye his hair blonde soon.

Also, I'm pretty cool with the reveal that Jackson's gay...since he's a fairly new character without much history.

Last edited by Herowatcher; 05-25-2016 at 01:01 PM.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    When I first saw Jackson Hyde in Brightest Day I wasn't sure I could warm up to the character, but by the end I was a fan.

Feel the same with this. I find the Brightest Day scene you posted with him convincing Aquaman that he was a lucky guy to have Mera.

spoilers:
    Putting this in Spoilers since it's another character.
    4964096-2015-12-21_16.55.33.jpg
    4964091-2015-12-21_16.52.24.jpg
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

I do like the idea of Jackson being the other side of the Aquaman Land vs Sea coin. It's interesting to see the duality play out there.

Have you guys seen this yet?

Its a tribute video to Aqualad (YJ version). Back when Young Justice was on, it was one of my favorite videos about Kaldur (which doesn't say much because there weren't that many to begin with).

It always bummed me out that Kaldur never got any kind of love interest in the show, hopefully that changes in the comic books...you know, now that heroes are allowed to be happy again.

Whoever Jackson's dating now, spoilers:
    he's
    end of spoilers clearly better than that Maria girl he was dating Pre-New 52...hopefully we get to see his spoilers:
    boyfriend
    end of spoilers, and they don't kill them off for the angst

Do we still need to use spoiler tags, or is it safe to not use them?

Greg didn't state if he is or not in that link. All that's said is that he isnt "I" from a guy or girl named Kristin.. not from Greg himself.
    This is true but it was clearly the intent given what happened in DC Rebirth.