Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I'll start speculating on where Wally the Glorious (eh, Original) will end up once I know he survives the latest from Didio. By that I mean not only is still breathing, but is still Wally and not some Batman-Wrapped-In-Red-&-Angst. Got a long memory and don't trust TPTB one iota.
    Wrapping the Flash in angst seems to have been the default setting for both Wally AND Barry for the last decade unfortunately.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Wrapping the Flash in angst seems to have been the default setting for both Wally AND Barry for the last decade unfortunately.
    Isn't that the typical fallback mode for most DC characers these days?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Isn't that the typical fallback mode for most DC characers these days?
    Unfortunately and it’s really killing my love for DC. I’ve been a life long fan but I’m pretty much done.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Yeah. I did drop DC with the DC52 fiasco. Made it through the previous downer years before that by virtue of was still hunting down fun trades from years prior to those. Then Rebirth 'rebirthed' my love of DC just as Marvel killed my new interest there (Hank Pym, Waid's Daredevil, male Hawkeye, Cyclops.) Rebirth made me forgive Geoff Johns for a lot of things.
    And then the last year and loose change happened.

Why is DC and Marvel so stupid as to deny their paying customers nice things?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Yeah. I did drop DC with the DC52 fiasco. Made it through the previous downer years before that by virtue of was still hunting down fun trades from years prior to those. Then Rebirth 'rebirthed' my love of DC just as Marvel killed my new interest there (Hank Pym, Waid's Daredevil, male Hawkeye, Cyclops.) Rebirth made me forgive Geoff Johns for a lot of things.
    And then the last year and loose change happened.

Why is DC and Marvel so stupid as to deny their paying customers nice things?
    I’m reading more Marvel than ever before. They’ve got several outstanding titles going on right now.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I’m reading more Marvel than ever before. They’ve got several outstanding titles going on right now.
    Did they bring back Hank Pym as something more than an animated partially-complete corpse? Because that rankled.

On happier and actual Flash news (kinda)....
    This is stupid yet makes me smile: https://www.amazon.com/Non-Stick-Cat...t+litter+scoop
    So... when did one of the Flashes get a cat?
    Is the cat Streaky?
    Maybe its that cat that freaked out Wally when he was doing that crossover with Vixen and Grodd?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Same Here, I actually stuck around during New 52, but the past year I’ve read far more Marvel than DC, especially since Titans lost Wally and King continued to ruin Batman with the Wedding Fiasco and now ruined Nightwing, with Heroes In Crisis poised to kil off and ruin more characters- meanwhile over at Marvel, the Fantastic Four and Wolverine were coming back, Jean Grey and Xavier were back, Spencer is doing a Great job so far on Spiderman, Donny Cates Venom is Outstanding, Uncanny X-Men is building to an X-Relaunch as Extermination sends the O5 home and Soule wraps up a great run on Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Same Here, I actually stuck around during New 52, but the past year I’ve read far more Marvel than DC, especially since Titans lost Wally and King continued to ruin Batman with the Wedding Fiasco and now ruined Nightwing, with Heroes In Crisis poised to kil off and ruin more characters- meanwhile over at Marvel, the Fantastic Four and Wolverine were coming back, Jean Grey and Xavier were back, Spencer is doing a Great job so far on Spiderman, Donny Cates Venom is Outstanding, Uncanny X-Men is building to an X-Relaunch as Extermination sends the O5 home and Soule wraps up a great run on Daredevil
    Yep! I’m reading many of those titles as well. I just hope Soule’s run on DD doesn’t actually end like the title of his last arc.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

A few weeks ago Mark Waid Wally West vols, 1 to 4, were in Comixology sale.

I bought them, and will start reading them in next few days. Will “report” in due course. I have read just a few comics in run before..but all towards end of run by when Wally had become mega powerful.

Thought those “tail end” stories were okay, but expecting to enjoy start and middle of run (when Wally was on way up) much more.

BANNED

"Kids, would you step outside for a moment?"

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...firmed-really/

(breaths in)

F-

Im guessing, or hoping, there’s more to it. A twist or something there.

The current DC leadership and especially Didio are beyond awful. They lack imagination, talent, leadership, and are so out of touch with their fan base. Every idea and book Didio touches he destroys! If I was a writer I would be terrified to pitch him an idea and see how he could pervert it.

If this rumor is true I’m done with DC.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Actually, a dead Wally is way better than murderer.

Let’s hope he’s just dead and isn’t a killer to satisfy Didio. King said at comic con he wouldn’t kill Wally though.

So Rebirth was pretty much a failure at this point, right? That video Johns made about bringing back what people liked about the DCU was a complete lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    So Rebirth was pretty much a failure at this point, right? That video Johns made about bringing back what people liked about the DCU was a complete lie.
    Not really, Rebirth was a Success while Johns was around in charge of the Line, Now he’s stepped down DiDio has power again and is driving us into Newer 52