Page 7 of 94 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Got two copies of this one.
    Typical 60's Flash story, but damn I love that costume design. Carmine was SO ahead of his time.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Got two copies of this one.
    Typical 60's Flash story, but damn I love that costume design. Carmine was SO ahead of his time.
    You got this issue?? Man, I'm jealous. Was it expensive?

Definitely a unique take on it and pretty cool with the color scheme.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

As we talked about Walter, I found this :

A few people asked this next one, but I’ll credit the first guy who asked it. Jon asks: In the ‘Dark Flash’ arc (the Flash 2nd series 152 – 159) there is a sequence on Wally/Walter (the Dark Flash)’s Earth where he is battling ‘our’ Wally. During the sequence ‘our’ Wally makes a couple of statements, one of which is that “we hate time travel because of what happened the first time we tried it alone”. The line backs up a comment made much earlier (if memory serves this was during the Reckless Youth arc from Flash 2nd series 91-94) when he offers to return Iris Allen to the future. Iris replies “you never got over that thing when you were a kid” (or words to that effect). My question for Mark is simple, if he didn’t write a story addressing this plot point (and as a reader with every issue of Waid’s run among others) I don’t believe he did.. what the heck happened to Wally the first time he time traveled solo?

Mark Waid : It’s the one Flash story I never got a chance to tell. Since it’s unlikely I’ll ever be invited back, the short version is this: Wally’s first solo time-trip was to save a classmate from death, but he failed. So he tried again. And again. And again to the point where everything he was doing was just making other lives worse. The lesson to be learned was that time travel can’t fix everything. In other words, I guess, I created Flashpoint about 20 years early…? (Kidding. I kid.)
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 08-14-2018 at 12:36 AM.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Where's that interview from?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I think its from a questionnaire on cbr to Mark Waid that was posted yesterday.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Sorry, I should have posted the link in the first place !

https://www.cbr.com/flash-wally-west-time-travel-hate/

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Oh cool, thanks. I generally avoid the main page but I'll look out for it.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Flashpoint before Flashpoint. Ah, Waid .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Flashpoint before Flashpoint. Ah, Waid .
    Shout out to Pat McGreal and Norm Breyfogle for creating the actual Flashpoint twenty years prior which was a good Barry story instead of a terrible one.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I kinda miss the white eyes every now and then .

I kinda miss the white eyes every now and then .
    I miss them a lot. I think they are a signature of Wally's. It really separated him from Barry. As well as it looked really cool.

When Johns took over and he got rid of them Wally looked exactly like Barry. And when Barry was brought back in Final Crisis and they were right next to each other then forget about it.

I miss them a lot. I think they are a signature of Wally's. It really separated him from Barry. As well as it looked really cool.

When Johns took over and he got rid of them Wally looked exactly like Barry. And when Barry was brought back in Final Crisis and they were right next to each other then forget about it.
    I remember there was one issue in the Johns run where Wally popped them out to protect his eyes, which I'm pretty sure is the only time they appeared in that run .

I remember there was one issue in the Johns run where Wally popped them out to protect his eyes, which I'm pretty sure is the only time they appeared in that run .
    Lol. I don't remember that. I think it was just an excuse to "Barry" Wally up more. So that Johns could match his Barry lite personality he tacked onto Wally.

Thanks goodness for the Flash Rebirth suit that brought a lot of Wally's signature looks back. Dark red, shiny chrome and of course the white eyes.

WallyRescue.jpg

This was perfect and frankly one of my favorite images.

Too bad it didn't last too long.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

It wasn't Johns. The white eyes were gone during the Morrison/Millar run, when the speed force costume coalesced into it's final form, after a fight with Mirror Master. The white eyes were specifically mentioned as something Wally never really liked.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!