Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Which human, and in which title?

So, this assumes you're female and not a guy?
    Sorry for the late reply (just got back from work and then dad to hospital. bad news. I wish DC would give me some good news.)

Anyway...

a) Scooby Doo: Apoclypse. I had always rather liked Fred the most on those old Saturday Morning shows. Apparently he was the only one of the bunch who got hurt and then bit by a zombie. Then noticed he isn't shown on any future covers. So the only smart white guy bites it. Nice. Not that I was buying anyway seeing as I loathe horror and tragedy stories, but.... thanks a lot, DC. I now have yet another comic book not even worth looking at Previews anymore.

b) Thought I'd made that plain on numerous occasions, but then again I'm not exactly a big name here or anywhere nor terribly feminine (yes, the only dolls I ever plaid with were action figures. Sorry, gram. Yeah, bona-fide genetically-proven female Latina. With one freeloader cat for several months now. However, there are a couple other stray cats who would love my suddenly shifting to dropping comics and feeding them free chicken nachos as well. On the upside, they do keep down the rats. Which makes them much more economical than DC.

You know. I just realized all those -lovely- January solicits didn't even mention any Justice Society. So ignominiously dead Wally (again) and still no Jay either. I'm afraid to look too closely at this Bart.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

It's sad that this imagine still applies 7 years later.

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It's sad that this imagine still applies 7 years later.

I miss The Line It Is Drawn.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I love that this page is full of only Wally avatars so far.
    Unfortunately, that’s the last thing we have to protest and show what we really want : a happy ending for a very unique character.

I don’t know if we can do anything else to stop Didio from breaking people’s toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Unfortunately, that’s the last thing we have to protest and show what we really want : a happy ending for a very unique character.

I don’t know if we can do anything else to stop Didio from breaking people’s toys.
    Ask for a DCAU revival?
    Hope he’s in Young Justice Season 3?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Sorry for the late reply (just got back from work and then dad to hospital. bad news. I wish DC would give me some good news.)

Anyway...

a) Scooby Doo: Apoclypse. I had always rather liked Fred the most on those old Saturday Morning shows. Apparently he was the only one of the bunch who got hurt and then bit by a zombie. Then noticed he isn't shown on any future covers. So the only smart white guy bites it. Nice. Not that I was buying anyway seeing as I loathe horror and tragedy stories, but.... thanks a lot, DC. I now have yet another comic book not even worth looking at Previews anymore.

b) Thought I'd made that plain on numerous occasions, but then again I'm not exactly a big name here or anywhere nor terribly feminine (yes, the only dolls I ever plaid with were action figures. Sorry, gram. Yeah, bona-fide genetically-proven female Latina. With one freeloader cat for several months now. However, there are a couple other stray cats who would love my suddenly shifting to dropping comics and feeding them free chicken nachos as well. On the upside, they do keep down the rats. Which makes them much more economical than DC.

You know. I just realized all those -lovely- January solicits didn't even mention any Justice Society. So ignominiously dead Wally (again) and still no Jay either. I'm afraid to look too closely at this Bart.
    I'm embarrassed to say, I'd interacted with you online on the Geoff Johns boards for years before I realised!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Still no good news eh? Back to the X-Men boards I go then.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Ask for a DCAU revival?
    Hope he’s in Young Justice Season 3?
    I wish we could do more, be proactive you know.

I'm not a FIRE DIDIO-guy, nor someone who would stop the writers to tell the stories they want, but at least I'd like to find a way for the community to be heard.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Still no good news eh? Back to the X-Men boards I go then.
    Hey haven't seen you in awhile. You used to be here in the Wally thread pretty regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I wish we could do more, be proactive you know.

I'm not a FIRE DIDIO-guy, nor someone who would stop the writers to tell the stories they want, but at least I'd like to find a way for the community to be heard.
    I would agree with you and would just want Didio to be professional and put his pettiness aside and stop screwing with a popular and beloved character that he has a personal bias against. But I don't think he's capable of that.

But putting Wally aside, who is my main concern, I don't like the way he runs the DCU in general. Making it dark and depressing and Marvel lite. He is bad for the DCU overall and has damaged many more heroes than just Wally. So I think he needs to go.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

8gtronV.jpg
    One of the best pages from one of the best comics from one of the best story lines.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

8gtronV.jpg
    One of the best pages from one of the best comics from one of the best story lines.
    Man, I love Oscar Jimenez's art on the Flash. So kinetic.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

But putting Wally aside, who is my main concern, I don't like the way he runs the DCU in general. Making it dark and depressing and Marvel lite. He is bad for the DCU overall and has damaged many more heroes than just Wally. So I think he needs to go.
    He definitely needs to go. He is without a doubt the single worst thing to ever happen to DC.

How the the powers that be at DC or WB have not realized this by now is beyond my comprehension.

Kon93

Have you seen how WB operates,they are terrible at everything,but have the best of everything right at their fingertips.yes DC is run dumb,but WB,atleast the superhero movie side of it is run much worse.cavill? Affleck? Joker and Harley movies over here movies,Gunn as SS2 director,picking actors that look nothing like their characters they are playing dark and gritty,not bright and heroic like DC should be,etc,etc

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Man, I love Oscar Jimenez's art on the Flash. So kinetic.
    I know right? He is my favorite Wally artist besides for Laraque who is THE Wally artist.

It's too bad he was only on for Dead Heat and Race against Time. Which are one of the best story lines but still wish he would have been on longer.

Does anyone know what else Oscar Jimenez did that I can check out?

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I know right? He is my favorite Wally artist besides for Laraque who is THE Wally artist.

It's too bad he was only on for Dead Heat and Race against Time. Which are one of the best story lines but still wish he would have been on longer.

Does anyone know what else Oscar Jimenez did that I can check out?
    Yeah, he pretty much vanished. I know he did a couple of issues of Morrison's JLA but that's about it. I've heard that he changed his name and worked at smaller companies but I'm not entirely sure if that's true.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.