Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Oh gotcha. Thanks. I really liked Emergency stop I also thought the lightning suit Wally made for himself was awesome. Wouldn't mind seeing it again.

I agree. I didnt really care for most of Wally'a artists. Greg Laroque is the best for me and the classic Wally artist. He was also on it for so long. I really liked Oscar Jimenez as well. And Paul Ryan was pretty good.

I did not like Weringo. Too cartoony and Wally had a really square jaw. Didn't care for Scott Kolins either. And as you mentioned the Black Flash and Ignition arcs were pretty bad art wise.

More recently I really like Duce on Wally. I would have picked him for a Wally ongoing.
    Oh, good: I'm not the only Not-A-Fan of Kolins work. For all of a few minutes I liked it when I first ran across in 2009. After that minute was gone however.... Meh. Can't really explain why either. Too weighty? Like the difference between water color and heavy acrylic oils. While Weringo was 'watered down' watercolors in a Bugs Bunny cartoon. I liked it in small bursts in the Impulse trades, but would hate to have to see those caricatures all the time. (Was a bit jarring to go with both that and more 'realistic' styles while reading the trade of Dead Heat with the Impulse tie-in chapters. Doesn't really work well at all.

Edit: Unlike with the movie Space Jam where real actors interacting with the Looney Tunes gang was quite fun.
    Last edited by Kyer; 11-02-2018 at 07:48 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)