Page 21 of 94 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I'm so over this Silver Age nostaglia trip DC has had for the past decade or so. Other characters exist and can have good stories about them.
    Its been fine when done well. Like green lantern book when they brought hal back. Why Barry brought back and treatment of Wally since has been horrible. Then you have things like Earth 2 where they tried recreate pre crisis JSA on different universe. Failed badly at that too.

Quote Originally Posted by TyttaMarzh View Post
    Hello everyone

You don't know me, but I followed all the posts in the thread of Wally West (the first and the second), I never wrote because my English isn't very good, but I share many of your thoughts about the comics and about the disparagement that DC has Wally West in this time ... I'm 27 years old and when I was 14 I met Wally West in the justice league animated show, time after, I wanted more and I entered the world of comics... maybe the story of somebodies is similar, maybe not, but I had to say that the reason I started reading comics was Wally West, his joy, his optimism, his determination ... is my perfect hero... I read 30 years of stories in a short time and really loved him to much... I abandonded the DC comics when He vanished in the news 52 and as expected, Rebirth was some magic for me, really I had faith again...
    Recently read again all the comics of flash and I was Very happy when know thant Wally come back to the universe... like many people here, I guess... well, the point is, I read all your posts and I know that things have gone wrong in recent years, but despite all the signs, wanted to be an optimist, wanted belived in the great plan for Wally, the plan that rebirth promised us... I write this with tears in my eyes and write this here because I do not know who else could understand it, really, I do not know many people who read comics or love this character like me... maybe you don't care what an unknown girl has to say, but I need talk about this, I'm so sad, and so angry... my heart is broken in this moment, my hope is gone, this is the end of an age, i guess...

I wish the things ware differents, maybe we can expect for a miracle but is so complicated... I need words that help me believe that things will improve, but I have to be realist, is time...

Thanks for read this, I don't know if it is good writed, sorry my bad english.

Regards, Tytta.
    Don't feel bad. I had that kinda moment that about 10 years ago. Grew tired of stuff like this. Realized that there was little hope anymore. Only thing you can do is try to raise your voice and let be heard.

Hello everyone

You don't know me, but I followed all the posts in the thread of Wally West (the first and the second), I never wrote because my English isn't very good, but I share many of your thoughts about the comics and about the disparagement that DC has Wally West in this time ... I'm 27 years old and when I was 14 I met Wally West in the justice league animated show, time after, I wanted more and I entered the world of comics... maybe the story of somebodies is similar, maybe not, but I had to say that the reason I started reading comics was Wally West, his joy, his optimism, his determination ... is my perfect hero... I read 30 years of stories in a short time and really loved him to much... I abandonded the DC comics when He vanished in the news 52 and as expected, Rebirth was some magic for me, really I had faith again...
    Recently read again all the comics of flash and I was Very happy when know thant Wally come back to the universe... like many people here, I guess... well, the point is, I read all your posts and I know that things have gone wrong in recent years, but despite all the signs, wanted to be an optimist, wanted belived in the great plan for Wally, the plan that rebirth promised us... I write this with tears in my eyes and write this here because I do not know who else could understand it, really, I do not know many people who read comics or love this character like me... maybe you don't care what an unknown girl has to say, but I need talk about this, I'm so sad, and so angry... my heart is broken in this moment, my hope is gone, this is the end of an age, i guess...

I wish the things ware differents, maybe we can expect for a miracle but is so complicated... I need words that help me believe that things will improve, but I have to be realist, is time...

Thanks for read this, I don't know if it is good writed, sorry my bad english.

Regards, Tytta.
    I'm sorry man but hey good on you for your first post. The English is pretty good.

But yeah this post really breaks my heart. People on the forums will sigh and roll their eyes at fans who are upset with what DC has been doing. Acting like the company can do no wrong and that you can just wait a little longer for things to get REALLY good. I honestly don't think any characters (besides Jason Todd) have truly benefitted from the reboot. Aquaman was surfing that wave pretty good for a time but now he's fallen into the old lose the throne cycle. No JSA, no Titans, no discernible timeline, so on, we have all gone through this countless times. But we keep waiting and waiting and waiting but things haven't gotten good, they keep getting worse. Terrible characterizations, stories that go nowhere and hold no significance after they're gone, an overall darker tone. It forces those fans that grew up with what they loved to stick to that and stay away from what is new. Those newer characterizations will take over and become the norm phasing out those old long time fans. "So long and thanks for all the money but we don't need you fans anymore." Then when the next heads of DC come up they will love the legacy stuff and push that which will then take resistance from the fans growing up now and the cycle will go on and on till the sales die off.

DC wonders why they can't get new readers, after all "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now."
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Its been fine when done well. Like green lantern book when they brought hal back. Why Barry brought back and treatment of Wally since has been horrible. Then you have things like Earth 2 where they tried recreate pre crisis JSA on different universe. Failed badly at that too.
    I love Hal and I'm glad he's back because he deserved it. Him turning evil and going crazy was dumb so his rebirth I felt was deserved but Barry? I love Barry but his death served a higher purpose and really felt like a defining moment of DC.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

time...

Thanks for read this

Regards, Tytta.
    Thank you for posting this. I think many of us feel the same way.

Extraordinary Member

So what do you guys want to talk about in this thread now?
    Doesnt Damian owe him one
    Into the lazzarus pit

Extraordinary Member

I wish I could be upset, but I kinda saw this coming.

Frankly I don't know who I feel worse for now, Wally West fans or Roy Harper fans.

But the only time DC surprises me anymore is when they DON'T disappoint me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's been an awful week for my two of my favorite characters, Dick and Wally. Really bummed this happened to the latter on my birthday. :/
    By the way, ignoring that one unpleasant "present", Happy Birthday.

I really wish that initial Rebirth story and Doomsday Clock were the big event/focus of the DCU. A critique/coarse correction on how far the DCU has fallen feels way overdue at this point.
    Interesting choice of spelling there. Was it intentional?

From Commonly Confused Words: Coarse vs Course
    The adjective coarse means rough, common, inferior, crude, or vulgar. The noun course can mean several things, including path, playing field, mode of behavior, unit of study, and onward movement.

It's garbage like this that makes me wonder why I even read DC any more. Rebirth was mostly good, I'll give them that, even if Wally did not get his due. But I"m tired of how DC just can't pick a direction and start to repair mistakes before turning again and running back in the other direction. I'm better off sticking with back issues and re-reading stories that I enjoy, because it seems clear they aren't going to do anything worthwhile with Wally going forward.

I feel canceling all my DC Comics would punish my local comic book store more than DC
    I have no beef with Vegans

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    I feel canceling all my DC Comics would punish my local comic book store more than DC
    Replace them with comics from different publishers sold in the same store.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I mean, I'm a huge Wally West fan and all - he is easily my favourite superhero - but this was only the first issue. I would be very, very surprised if he is still dead by the end of the series. If I'm wrong, well, I dropped the Flash with the nonsense Green Lantern Emotional Spectrum rip off and I'll still be reading the few DC titles that have me interested so, honestly, whatever. I'll still have all those great Wally West Flash comics from before they decided to ram down our throats this dead-on-arrival take on Barry Allen (and I like Barry Allen). It's not like they were doing a whole lot with him prior to Flash War. Though, yes, the significance of Flash War is just another reason why I have little doubt that Wally will be back before to soon. I'm more worried about what they're going to do with him when he does return.

I haven't read the issue yet, by the way, but I'm a huge Tom King fan so I'm still looking forward to it even if I do find the whole idea of murdered superheroes beyond tired at this point.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I would be very, very surprised if he is still dead by the end of the series.
    So, another nine months?

It's been over 12 years of him being screwed non-stop. I'm not giving DC the benefit of the doubt.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    So, another nine months?

It's been over 12 years of him being screwed non-stop. I'm not giving DC the benefit of the doubt.
    I mean, I get that. The DC PTB haven't exactly earned our trust of late but a) this is all cyclical and b) even if I miss reading about my favourites, the comic book industry is more than big enough for me to find stuff that I actually enjoy. I'm kind of over getting too invested in a comic book universe that kind of doens't have much resemblance to the DCU I originally fell in love with in the early '90s.

And, yeah, the fact that this is being done by Tom King softens the blow. I'm a huge fan of his work. Batman is easily the worst thing he's done and I still really enjoy it but pardon me if I have a little faith in the guy who wrote Sherriff of Babylon, Omega Men, the Vision and, most especially, Mr Miracle. I like superhero creators who actually put a bit of emotional punch in their books and a bit of themselves. That he is an exceptionally strong storyteller on a technical level doesn't hurt matters.

Also, back to Wally West, in particular, King and Williamson are friends and it seems like the latter still has plans for Wally and I don't see the former screwing him over just for shock value in his first big Event comic.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I mean, I get that. The DC PTB haven't exactly earned our trust of late but a) this is all cyclical and b) even if I miss reading about my favourites, the comic book industry is more than big enough for me to find stuff that I actually enjoy. I'm kind of over getting too invested in a comic book universe that kind of doens't have much resemblance to the DCU I originally fell in love with in the early '90s.

And, yeah, the fact that this is being done by Tom King softens the blow. I'm a huge fan of his work. Batman is easily the worst thing he's done and I still really enjoy it but pardon me if I have a little faith in the guy who wrote Sherriff of Babylon, Omega Men, the Vision and, most especially, Mr Miracle. I like superhero creators who actually put a bit of emotional punch in their books and a bit of themselves. That he is an exceptionally strong storyteller on a technical level doesn't hurt matters.

Also, back to Wally West, in particular, King and Williamson are friends and it seems like the latter still has plans for Wally and I don't see the former screwing him over just for shock value in his first big Event comic.

Unless, of course, he was given a list of characters to kill and had no choice in the matter.
    Which is a common thing with events.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.