Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

So is this a Wally fan bashing thread now?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I was surprised to see a comment like this on this particular thread. I didn't think a Wally fan would feel this way. Maybe I misjudged the fanbase after all.
    Thank you, sir !

Sure it's easy to say Barry was better dead because, indeed, he was such a great character at this time, a living legend, the greatest hero of our own hero. But people need to realise that we need Barry Allen as much as Wally. If you think at great stories like Born to Run, Rogue War, Return of Barry Allen, Wonderland, Chain Lightning or Blitz, the heart of these stories are very much about Barry. What would Barry do ? What would he think ?

This is really frustrating, now that Barry is much more than a ghost, to see him being separated from Wally.

That being said, thank you for giving Wally West fans another chance
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 08-06-2018 at 09:09 AM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    So is this a Wally fan bashing thread now?
    It really shouldn't be, but whenever the names "Dan Didio" and "Barry Allen" appear within proximity to each other, then we Barry fans start getting nervous (because it suggests that the conversation is heading in the direction of pointing fingers).

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Wally West fans are the devil, Barry Allen fans are the angel, am i right?

Three pages in and this thread is going to awful places, by no means stirred by Wally fans.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Brett Booth makes TPTB sound like real assholes I'm just saying.
    I don't recall hearing about that. What was said?

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Booth drew Wally for the Flash/Speed Buggy crossover a couple of months ago, so that rumor doesn't make any sense.

the_flash_rgb_cover_final_watermark_small_by_bielero-d7ajy73.jpg

I love this pic.

It's a remake of the cover to Flash#50(1991) where Wally gets his own Flash Costume but with Wally's Flash Rebirth(2009) costume.

Nice to see an iconic Wally cover with that cool costume.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Since I've joined these forums. I was under the impression that they hated Barry. What am i suppose to think when i see things like "He should have stayed dead." "The only important thing he did was die."
    Well, the loudest contingent of Wally fans do feel that way.

But there are a lot of us that like both characters. I happily read the Waid/Johns Flash in the 90s/00s and loved it. And recognized why post-Crisis Barry needed to stay out of Wally's way- same costume, same villains, same plots, same superhero associations, same origin, etc. etc.

At the same time, I understand why DC brought Barry back, and why Wally needed to go on a shelf while they re-established Barry as the main Flash character. And given that Flash sales have been pretty good for the last 30 or so years, I'd guess that most fans are with me on that - happy to have either version, provided the direction is good.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    Well, the loudest contingent of Wally fans do feel that way.

But there are a lot of us that like both characters. I happily read the Waid/Johns Flash in the 90s/00s and loved it. And recognized why post-Crisis Barry needed to stay out of Wally's way- same costume, same villains, same plots, same superhero associations, same origin, etc. etc.

At the same time, I understand why DC brought Barry back, and why Wally needed to go on a shelf while they re-established Barry as the main Flash character. And given that Flash sales have been pretty good for the last 30 or so years, I'd guess that most fans are with me on that - happy to have either version, provided the direction is good.
    Wally's my Flash, but I like Barry! I think he worked best as the martyr Wally had to strive to match, but he's fine alive. Where I get salty is having Barry on the JLA being the comic relief character with an upbeat persona (you know, Wally) and generating the Speed Force because he has to be GoesFast Jesus. He can't be there most well-rounded Flash, he has to be the source of something that predates him (Max Mercury, Jay, etc) which just causes problems in all directions.

My problem is DC's insistence that Barry has to be the chosen one when he already was that. He was a good man with no reason to be a hero other than wanting to do the right thing and made the big sacrifice earning the greatest death in all of comics. Just because he wanted to help people. Now he's another orphan who makes it all happen because chosen one.

My favorite Barry was the one in flashbacks and reprints. I get they had him generate Speed Force to bridge the Flashes, but he already did that. He and Iris were the hub, Jay the founder and Wally the good son and current iteration. Barry was the connecting factor, his presence always felt. The fallen friend and mentor that helped everyone shine a bit brighter. Even revived, he could still do that without Muh Chosen One being tacked on.

Despite the vitriol, I still really like Barry and I just want him to succeed despite other characters, not at their expense. Flash War showed him taking a break seat for a moment as a proper mentor and it was so refreshing, but DC's recent treatment of Wally in the last decade made that seem less a course correction and more one last hurrah before they butcher Wally in Heroes in Crisis.

There are two Flash cities, for Pete's sake! Just have each of them deal with one and team up when Grodd breaks loose. Give Wally a book where he's trying to piece his life back together and live in a world where there are two Flashes. Have them race for charity. I doubt Wally will turn on the gas every time just for a charity race. Have both Wallies team up as a big brother program or something. There's clearly a lot of ideas for the Flash IP to sustain a second book and a lot of Wally fans too. You don't need either him or Barry off the table to have a healthy IP.
    Last edited by Robanker; 08-06-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I don't recall hearing about that. What was said?
    He's been saying they aren't interested in any of his ideas be they about Wally, NuWally or Barry. It's all on his Twitter.

He's been saying they aren't interested in any of his ideas be they about Wally, NuWally or Barry. It's all on his Twitter.
    From what I've seen of his ideas, most of them suck anyways. He hates Rogues and I don't trust anyone who prefers Speed McGee over Captain Cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    From what I've seen of his ideas, most of them suck anyways. He hates Rogues and I don't trust anyone who prefers Speed McGee over Captain Cold.
    Can you give a link to his twitter?

Lol. Speed Mcgee, wow, haven't seen him in a long time. That's real old school Wally. I wouldn't mind seeing him back to see what they can do with him.

Looks like Booth is a big fan of Wallys early run by Mike Baron. I know he loves killg%re also.

Can you give a link to his twitter?.
    There you go : https://twitter.com/Demonpuppy?lang=fr

Since you mention it, I'm giving another shot at Mike Baron's run and, ouch, it's definitly not my thing.

Can you give a link to his twitter?.
    There you go : https://twitter.com/Demonpuppy?lang=fr

Since you mention it, I'm giving another shot at Mike Baron's run and, ouch, it's definitly not my thing.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Has Wally ever been rebooted? My impression on his story is one straight continuity from Pre Crisis until now.