Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Has Wally ever been rebooted? My impression on his story is one straight continuity from Pre Crisis until now.
    Well, he did "disappear" for a while and was replaced by Bart as The Flash for maybe a year or so?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, he did "disappear" for a while and was replaced by Bart as The Flash for maybe a year or so?
    Wally's continuity was never altered, however, except for the original, big alteration Post-COIE where he was never from Earth-One because...there never was a (Pre-COIE) Earth-One.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    There you go : https://twitter.com/Demonpuppy?lang=fr

Since you mention it, I'm giving another shot at Mike Baron's run and, ouch, it's definitly not my thing.
    Thanks.

I agree. I like that Baron was trying out different ideas and directions but his characterization of Wally wasn't that great.

Wally really became the fun , lovable, slightly immature red head we all know more with Messner-Loebs run.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    Well, the loudest contingent of Wally fans do feel that way.

But there are a lot of us that like both characters. I happily read the Waid/Johns Flash in the 90s/00s and loved it. And recognized why post-Crisis Barry needed to stay out of Wally's way- same costume, same villains, same plots, same superhero associations, same origin, etc. etc.

At the same time, I understand why DC brought Barry back, and why Wally needed to go on a shelf while they re-established Barry as the main Flash character. And given that Flash sales have been pretty good for the last 30 or so years, I'd guess that most fans are with me on that - happy to have either version, provided the direction is good.
    I think this is the ultimate truth regarding the Flash franchise. The loudest contingent of Wally fans aren't nearly as numerous as they think they are... and vice versa with the Barry fans of the same mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    To the OP: You are not an idiot, thanks for posting a new thread for us!
    Thanks and keep it up with the appreciation everyone

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Has Wally ever been rebooted? My impression on his story is one straight continuity from Pre Crisis until now.
    they tried in the nu52.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Hey guys, last month, Ryan Reynolds told again to the journalists he would love to play Wally on big screen.

I have to admit, with Disney buying Fox, I would give anything to see Warner an Reynolds working on a Speed Force/Flash Family while they do whatever they want with Ezra's Flash.

This could be a great opportunity to rescue Wally in the comics.

So it looks like us Wally fans got a nice little unexpected surprise in today's Superman#2.

Spoiler tags aren't working for me so I'll just say spoilers for Superman #2 following.

[SPOILER]So Superman and planet Earth is in the Phantom Zone with unknown side effects.
    The rest of the JL is also in there and they mention that Flash is losing his mind. Then there is a scene with Superman and the Flash where he is talking a lot like Wally. Now it can be Bendis talk but then Flash's cowl comes off and he has red hair and he says "Sorry, I forgot which Flash I was." Also the red hair does not look like a miscolor as its not just one panel but three panels showing his red hair.
    If it was one or two things I would say it's just a mistake or coincidence but all together I'm pretty sure its Wally.
    It looks like the Phantom Zone is having weird effects but I'll take Wally as the Flash like this . I could be wrong but it's still pretty cool. [/SPOILER]
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 08-08-2018 at 09:48 AM.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    So it looks like us Wally fans got a nice little unexpected surprise in today's Superman#2.

Spoiler tags aren't working for me so I'll just say spoilers for Superman #2 following.

[SPOILER]So Superman and planet Earth is in the Phantom Zone with unknown side effects.
    The rest of the JL is also in there and they mention that Flash is losing his mind. Then there is a scene with Superman and the Flash where he is talking a lot like Wally. Now it can be Bendis talk but then Flash's cowl comes off and he has red hair and he says "Sorry, I forgot which Flash I was." Also the red hair does not look like a miscolor as its not just one panel but three panels showing his red hair.
    If it was one or two things I would say it's just a mistake or coincidence but all together I'm pretty sure its Wally.
    It looks like the Phantom Zone is having weird effects but I'll take Wally as the Flash like this . I could be wrong but it's still pretty cool. [/SPOILER]
    I am 99.9% sure that is Wally.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

RCO021.jpg

Also I just noticed that its Wally's hair style and definitely not Barry's.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 08-08-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Double post. Again.

RCO021.jpg

What does this mean though? Why would Wally just show up like this? Is this because Earth is in the phantom zone? Many questions after this issue. I like that
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Hey, all you nervous Wally fans: just don't come after Barry and you have my qualified support, dig?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Too late for that one since Barry ruined everything.

Mind you, I don't hate Barry. The Life Story of The Flash is one of my favorite comics. But boy did bringing him back mess everything up and stagnate the franchise. In a book about moving forward, taking a 50 year step backwards is the last thing you should do.

By that token I think Wally should've eventually run his course, one day. DC had that idea, kind of, but didn't give him any dignity in it like they did Barry.

RCO021.jpg

This is almost certainly just an art mistake. They've been calling him Barry in the comic. It's possibly a plot point because of the weirdness going on in that book but there's a reason they haven't been calling him Wally.
    Last edited by Dred; 08-08-2018 at 10:53 PM.