Page 40 of 94 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

An yet, you will see that Harley didn't have the choice to kill Wally. She is a hero after all. And Wally is a murderer.

I don't recognize DC anymore.

Meanwhile, Batman and the Flash combine their detective skills to investigate what went awry at Sanctuary and uncover a serious glitch in the system—not to mention an explosive, spoiler-ific secret!
    Yup still think there's more to this.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

"Hey, did you know that we KILLED Wally West?

You didn't?

Oh, yeah, we KILLED HIM, and if you didn't know that you're gonna know it now, because we're gonna drag his corpse around on humiliating covers until you realize we KILLED HIM! IN A HUMILIATING MANNER!

And it's all YOUR FAULT! You could have been happy in reading about Barry Allen "plain and simple". You could have given the new 52 a chance. You could have accepted the olive branch we at DC offered you with a character that managed to offend black people and Wally West fans at the same time. But you didn't. SO WE KILLED WALLY WEST!

LOOK AT HIS CADAVER BENEATH THE FEET OF OUR QUEEN HARLEY!"

Oh, DC's editorial, if only I knew curse words enough to describe you...
    Disgusting.

Didio must be peeing himself with glee.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Honestly this perfectly encapsulises what is happening now.

Wally, representing hope, joy and Legacy of the DCU, and the REAL DCU which was the pre Flashpoint one. Dead and defeated on the ground.

With Harley Quinn, representing dark, grim, edgy and at best an anti hero, but apparently the new template, standing triumphantly with a maniacal grin and blood splattered over her face no less.

Welcome to Didio's DC.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Can't lie I laughed at the new HIC cover....

I freaking hate Harley Quinn! She is such and overrated and useless character.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Actually, come to think of it there a couple of really fun issues where Vandal Savage was in it and Barry had a cool team up.

Attachment 72296

Attachment 72297

Attachment 72298
    Yup, and I've got 'em all!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

"Hey, did you know that we KILLED Wally West?

You didn't?

Oh, yeah, we KILLED HIM, and if you didn't know that you're gonna know it now, because we're gonna drag his corpse around on humiliating covers until you realize we KILLED HIM! IN A HUMILIATING MANNER!

And it's all YOUR FAULT! You could have been happy in reading about Barry Allen "plain and simple". You could have given the new 52 a chance. You could have accepted the olive branch we at DC offered you with a character that managed to offend black people and Wally West fans at the same time. But you didn't. SO WE KILLED WALLY WEST!

LOOK AT HIS CADAVER BENEATH THE FEET OF OUR QUEEN HARLEY!"

Oh, DC's editorial, if only I knew curse words enough to describe you...
    This has to be some sort of ruse.I cannot believe that Harley Quinn of all people could have put Wally down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I've never understood the appeal either.
    She worked fine as a foil for the Joker, and I enjoyed her appearances in the cartoon, but jeez.
    Harley is to DC what Deadpool is to Marvel.
    A character who has gained a following from movies/TV and then squeezed for every last cent by the publishing arm.

Astonishing Member

If you want to make a female villain into an antihero, there are better candidates than Harley Quinn.Also, the writers have completely botched her transition into an antihero.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Eh, this just further cements my belief that Wally isn't dead. His death is way too on the nose for him not to be alive. Again, though, the worry is what his being alive actually means...
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Eh, this just further cements my belief that Wally isn't dead. His death is way too on the nose for him not to be alive. Again, though, the worry is what his being alive actually means...
    Yeah.
    With Suicide Squad ending with #50, it looks more and more like Rich was right and Wally will be a part of the new Suicide Squad.
    UGH

Probably my favorite Vandal Savage Flash story and covers! I think it was a three or four issue arc.
    Attachment 72308
    The next issue was pretty much the end of the Wally we knew and love.

563169.jpg

As well as the real last issue until Waid came with that Flash kids placeholder stuff.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    The next issue was pretty much the end of the Wally we knew and love.

563169.jpg

As well as the real last issue until Waid came with that Flash kids placeholder stuff.
    Was anyone else confused and then disgusted that Wally's send off cover looked more like Barry than Wally?

-solicits-
    Well, lookee. Guess I'll be having more money freed up for Christmas food after all. Not like I'll be needing to spend dollars on a bunch of books or trades later on in the year or -heck- down the road with reprints. Probably no toys or statues either because they seriously aren't going to make a nice toy or statue of a hero who went off the deep end and got himself stupid killed or murderous and ends up in Suicide Squad having never found his kids or anchor?
    Yep. Instead I'm going to feed my cat and the neighborhood strays with cans of Turkey I'm going magic marker with the name "didio".

Not even Superman can save DC for me. Heck. It appears they even killed off my favorite human in Scooby Doo as well. My my.

So.
    No Marvel (see badly killed off Hank Pym)
    No DC (see badly killed off Wally)
    No DW (I can't stand the last years of patent SJWism)

What's a former comic book characters lover to do other than become a crazy cat lady?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Was anyone else confused and then disgusted that Wally's send off cover looked more like Barry than Wally?
    Now that you mention it...all he's missing is a bowtie .