Page 47 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    I read the news today... Oh Boy.... Latest issue of The Flash, another version of Wally is killed! Hard to stay positive these days with DC
    That was Johnny Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That was Johnny Thunder.
    Wait . . . they killed off Johnny Thunder in an issue of The Flash?!?

Johnny Thunder? Not even a speedster like Johnny Quick?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Not real keen on a couple of things.

1. I DON'T like Hunter Zolomon being shoehorned in as a Barry villian.
    Hunter didn't have an issue with the Flash. He had an issue with Wally. It was personal. That's what made him such a great villian!
    Wally wouldn't use his power to help a friend who had suffered a terrible injury. From there, it was his decision to enter the house getting his father-in-law killed.
    Wally had never suffered tragedy. Hunter would show him tragedy and make him a better hero in doing so.

AND

2. I don't like him wearing an old Barry costume. Again, he has never had a beef with Barry, PLUS it deprives us of his look! I loved the Zoom take on Reverse Flash costume!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Ah. I remember when they first advertised the DC52 Justice Riders. Thought that there was where they were going to put at least a Wally West and I liked Rider Wally a lot. Alas, the picture didn't show anyone with red hair so that hope was shot down. Then they killed Rider West in Convergence.

What is so darn enamoring of killing? Seriously, why align with the Destroyer rather than the Creator even in fantasy? Didio boggles my mind.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Ah. I remember when they first advertised the DC52 Justice Riders. Thought that there was where they were going to put at least a Wally West and I liked Rider Wally a lot. Alas, the picture didn't show anyone with red hair so that hope was shot down. Then they killed Rider West in Convergence.

What is so darn enamoring of killing? Seriously, why align with the Destroyer rather than the Creator even in fantasy? Didio boggles my mind.
    Didio's theory is that controversy is better than apathy.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post

Me too dude. Totally agree. Heroes in Crisis, it's just not a story that I want to read. It's not a story that needs to be told. I guess they just expect the Wally West fans to keep coming back to worship at the alter of DC(eye roll). I can kind of forgive Identity Crisis because at least it happened at a time where overly melodramatic superheroics was the trend. But not Heroes in Crisis. I think the DC Universe has made great strides since Action 1000. But then they do stuff like this....it's like they just can't let fans be happy. It's really frustrating.

I actually think Wally will come back and won't stay dead very long, but it's still unfair to put fans on a roller coaster like that. I mean, the whole ongoing thing from Flash War onward is just holding back the Flash franchise compared to the rest of the DCU. Rather than wait till next year for Williamson to to finsish his swan song, I wish they would just bring back Wally, restore the Flash family and just let the franchise move FORWARD.

I blame Tom King more than Williamson. It's possible, actually likely he's just the victim of King and editorial.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post

Hunter didn't have an issue with the Flash. He had an issue with Wally. It was personal. That's what made him such a great villian!
    Wally wouldn't use his power to help a friend who had suffered a terrible injury. From there, it was his decision to enter the house getting his father-in-law killed.
    Wally had never suffered tragedy. Hunter would show him tragedy and make him a better hero in doing so.

AND

2. I don't like him wearing an old Barry costume. Again, he has never had a beef with Barry, PLUS it deprives us of his look! I loved the Zoom take on Reverse Flash costume!
    Yeah I don't like it either, Barry has Eobard, Wally has Hunter. You know Wally sort of "inherited" Barry's villains. But I just don't like Barry inheriting Wally's, when yeah, his personal beef with Wally was his sole reason he even became a speedster in the first place.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post

i kinda find this funny cause it's the exact opposite of what Williamson has repeatedly said in interviews. but dc's adamant on making wally irrelevant so i'm not surprised by this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    Yeah I don't like it either, Barry has Eobard, Wally has Hunter. You know Wally sort of "inherited" Barry's villains. But I just don't like Barry inheriting Wally's, when yeah, his personal beef with Wally was his sole reason he even became a speedster in the first place.
    Especially when I think by the end of his run pre-Flashpoint Wally had enough villains all his own that he probably wouldn't need Barry's Rogues to have some decent villains to fight in his own book.

But now pretty much all of them are Barry villains .

Incredible Member

Wally did inherit Barry's Rogues. But that's how Rogues were remade and evolved into cool villains after Geoff Johns' Rogues War and Absolute Zero. IMO they were just lame as Barry's villains in Silver Age.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 10-26-2018 at 08:02 PM.

The Mark Waid digital omnis of the Wally West run were in Comixology sale a couple of months ago.

I got them..with a bit of reluctance...because I must admit the bits and pieces of the run I’d read before had left me “Luke warm”.

However, read and really enjoyed start of run last night...not totally unexpected, since I knew he wasn’t a massive powerhouse at start of run, and I often find mid-tier (in terms of power) characters more interesting nowadays.

I’m sure that at some point Wally will become too powerful for my personal taste, but hoping it’s towards end of the run!

So how are you guys? I hope everyone's well. I kind of had to take a break from the Wally thread for awhile. What happened to him in HiC was pretty much my villain turn against DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Didio's theory is that controversy is better than apathy.
    Constant controversy breeds apathy.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics