Page 49 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Happy Halloween guys !

Best time to read (again) the stories of The Suit or The Black Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Happy Halloween guys !

Or Heroes in Crisis, its perfectly suited for Halloween- A Horror
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Or Heroes in Crisis, its perfectly suited for Halloween- A Horror
    Seems more like a nice read for April Fools.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    No, No, After the Events of the Past Few Month, the Rebirth Oneshot is perfect for that occasion
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    No, No, After the Events of the Past Few Month, the Rebirth Oneshot is perfect for that occasion
    Well, no, it's not. That was Geoff Johns' baby and I'm sure it totally reflected his intentions at the time. With Johns gone, Didio and Lee are once again fully in charge and able to go negate Johns' original plans. Besides, Doomsday Clock is still picking up on the strands that Johns set up years ago.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yeah, I think it had something to do with the paper quality used in the 90s or something. Heard it didn't look great in a deluxe format.
    There is no emoticon for Disbelieving Sour Face. Why no emoticon, guys? The subject matter for so much of what is posted here is just ripe for such a thing. Yes, there is Mad, but that's not the same because Mad does not have that level of sheer contempt I am feeling right now.

1. Apparently DC couldn't be bothered to notify all stores that this book was cancelled over a month previous.
    2. Didn't look great in deluxe format? In this day and age of wiz digital tech? Does that mean that any Comixocolgy digital sales of these books are going to look just as crappy? Really?
    3. Unless it is so crappy it looks like a rainbow smear, I don't care. I want to read the stories about one of the few characters (let alone speedsters) that I love and that Didio & Co hasn't smeared.

Insert knife (Wally West deaths and belittling) and twist (Lack of Jay after all these months of promise) and remove letting blood and gore gush freely from Legacy fans (pulling Bart Allen 'fun' stories.)

Dare I hope that they finish the Flash Mark Waid series?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    yep, april fools. and what's crazier is its going to sell like crazy.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    There is no emoticon for Disbelieving Sour Face. Why no emoticon, guys? The subject matter for so much of what is posted here is just ripe for such a thing. Yes, there is Mad, but that's not the same because Mad does not have that level of sheer contempt I am feeling right now.

1. Apparently DC couldn't be bothered to notify all stores that this book was cancelled over a month previous.
    2. Didn't look great in deluxe format? In this day and age of wiz digital tech? Does that mean that any Comixocolgy digital sales of these books are going to look just as crappy? Really?
    3. Unless it is so crappy it looks like a rainbow smear, I don't care. I want to read the stories about one of the few characters (let alone speedsters) that I love and that Didio & Co hasn't smeared.

Insert knife (Wally West deaths and belittling) and twist (Lack of Jay after all these months of promise) and remove letting blood and gore gush freely from Legacy fans (pulling Bart Allen 'fun' stories.)

Dare I hope that they finish the Flash Mark Waid series?
    To be honest, I don't really agree. Comics are a visual art form so they absolutely should look good, especially at the price that they charge for the omnibuses. If it looks better on matte paper in those thick paperbacks then why on earth would you not prefer that?

I actually have a problem with a lot of reprints from the '90s and before that use cheap, glossy paper and look pretty off because of it.

Though, honestly, considering how great the paper that they've recently switched to for their individual comics is, I would be more than fine with DC printing everything on that paper stock for as long as is even remotely financially feasible. It really looks and feels top-notch.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

COIE was my first comic-book and the first time I met Barry Allen and Wally West. Love at first sight. Since then I keep hoping for a team up book Wally/Barry. Something like what we saw in The Brave & The Bold #2 would be perfect !
    That's some first comic to start on. It's great but it must have been confusing as a new reader.

That would have been awesome. During Wally's series Barry always seemed special and missed because he seemed permenantly gone. When they brought him back it seemed an impossible dream come true that we could see Wally and Barry together as adults. Too bad DC screwed it up.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Happy Halloween guys !

Happy Halloween.

Black Flash is definitely appropriate for Halloween.
    RCO015 (1).jpg
    RCO016.jpg
    That goatee is so bad. Which story of the suit?

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

The first sight of Black Flash was OmahGosh! The scene with it leaping over the railing was heart thumbing. But yeah, Wally must never, ever, ever, again wear the fur rat on his chin. That goes for all speedsters. ... Especially the women.

I loved the Suit story! Dang thing nearly got Jay. Wally looking like The Oscar Statuette. Honestly couldn't figure out how he was going to beat that one.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

The first sight of Black Flash was OmahGosh! The scene with it leaping over the railing was heart thumbing. But yeah, Wally must never, ever, ever, again wear the fur rat on his chin. That goes for all speedsters. ... Especially the women.

I loved the Suit story! Dang thing nearly got Jay. Wally looking like The Oscar Statuette. Honestly couldn't figure out how he was going to beat that one.
    Lol. That goatee was horrible . Thank god they never brought it back. Also the art in general in that arc was pretty bad as well.

Which suit story are you referring to? I'm drawing a blank.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Lol. That goatee was horrible . Thank god they never brought it back. Also the art in general in that arc was pretty bad as well.

Which suit story are you referring to? I'm drawing a blank.
    I think they are talking about "Emergency Stop", the Morrison & Millar's story with the cursed suit -and the rainbow Flash-

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Sadly, I disliked quite a bit of the art in Wally's Flash books. Mostly the 'chunky/steriod-use' look, but also the Black Flash story was....pretty bad. Also didn't care for it in Ignition, but that was more tolerable. One thing I still mentally gloss over when I read is the McDonald's Golden Arches Hair Fringe & Big Black Fuzzy Caterpillar Eyebrows. Yeesh! Inkers really need to let the colorist put matching hair color in. Otherwise it just looks really odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I think they are talking about "Emergency Stop", the Morrison & Millar's story with the cursed suit -and the rainbow Flash-

Oh gotcha. Thanks. I really liked Emergency stop I also thought the lightning suit Wally made for himself was awesome. Wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Sadly, I disliked quite a bit of the art in Wally's Flash books. Mostly the 'chunky/steriod-use' look, but also the Black Flash story was....pretty bad. Also didn't care for it in Ignition, but that was more tolerable. One thing I still mentally gloss over when I read is the McDonald's Golden Arches Hair Fringe & Big Black Fuzzy Caterpillar Eyebrows. Yeesh! Inkers really need to let the colorist put matching hair color in. Otherwise it just looks really odd.
    I agree. I didnt really care for most of Wally'a artists. Greg Laroque is the best for me and the classic Wally artist. He was also on it for so long. I really liked Oscar Jimenez as well. And Paul Ryan was pretty good.

I did not like Weringo. Too cartoony and Wally had a really square jaw. Didn't care for Scott Kolins either. And as you mentioned the Black Flash and Ignition arcs were pretty bad art wise.

More recently I really like Duce on Wally. I would have picked him for a Wally ongoing.