Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

No, just a general speedster trope. They move faster than they think.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Question : Do you guys know where the quote "The Flash is not about tragedy" on our last thread came from ? I thought it came from Blitz or Rogue War but I can't find it.

Is it in Wonderland maybe ?

Incredible Member

I think it came from Rogue War, but it's not a textual quote. Wally said to Zoom that his life is not defined by tragedy or something like that.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I think it came from Rogue War, but it's not a textual quote. Wally said to Zoom that his life is not defined by tragedy or something like that.
    Thank you sir !

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah and while they have a thousand ways to perform that, they used the same trope with the same storyboard format...
    Running away--running back kissing their girls--running away again
    Last edited by HAN9000; 08-09-2018 at 04:54 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    This is almost certainly just an art mistake. They've been calling him Barry in the comic. It's possibly a plot point because of the weirdness going on in that book but there's a reason they haven't been calling him Wally.
    Yes I know they have been calling him Barry and I could be wrong but what I'm saying is it was Barry but somehow the Phantom Zone is having a weird effect and changed him to Wally.

It does seem like a bit of a stretch but with everything together it could be. Especially with the line "I think I forgot which Flash I was for a second."

It kinda reminds me of that JLU episode where they are fighting Chronos and go back in time and Hal Jordan just appears in place of John Stewart without missing a beat. Coud be a similar situation.

Either way it is a treat to see Wally in the Flash suit again.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Too late for that one since Barry ruined everything.

Mind you, I don't hate Barry. The Life Story of The Flash is one of my favorite comics. But boy did bringing him back mess everything up and stagnate the franchise. In a book about moving forward, taking a 50 year step backwards is the last thing you should do.

By that token I think Wally should've eventually run his course, one day. DC had that idea, kind of, but didn't give him any dignity in it like they did Barry.

This is almost certainly just an art mistake. They've been calling him Barry in the comic. It's possibly a plot point because of the weirdness going on in that book but there's a reason they haven't been calling him Wally.
    i tweeted the colourist and he confirmed it was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    i tweeted the colourist and he confirmed it was a mistake.
    Oh well.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Is this … a rip-off?
    Attachment 69172Attachment 69173
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Just because someone first saw that in a Wally story doesn't mean it wasn't used before in either Jay's or Barry's previous issues.
    (Remember, The Flash has been around since 1940.
    Wally was NOT the first one.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Just because someone first saw that in a Wally story doesn't mean it wasn't used before in either Jay's or Barry's previous issues.
    (Remember, The Flash has been around since 1940.
    Wally was NOT the first one.)
    I’m sure this trope with this storyboard format wasn’t used in Barry’s story before Wally’s run.
    Never read about Jay but if there’s a precedent in Jay’s story please point out.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

This is what happens when I don't get enough sleep.
    Sorry. I totally read the title as a rebooted Wally West Appreciation thread rather than a Wally West II Appreciation thread. My bad. Off to locate the correct thread.
    Last edited by Kyer; 08-09-2018 at 09:34 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Sorry. I totally read the title as a rebooted Wally West Appreciation thread rather than a Wally West II Appreciation thread. My bad. Off to locate the correct thread.
    Wait . . . isn't this the rebooted original red-headed Wally West appreciation thread?

(Does Wallace (previously "Wally") West from the New52 have his own appreciation thread?)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    This is OG Wally's thread. The old thread got closed.

I guess he hasn't read any of the actual posts on here.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I guess he hasn't read any of the actual posts on here.
    No, I haven't been around this year much at all since family members dementia got bad. (Not fun.) Well. At least that terrible warning that made me wince every time I saw it on the thread title is gone on this one.

(Dang. So I deleted what I was going to say before I thought this was the Other Wally Thread and didn't save it. Aw, nuts.)

That said...does anyone have a link to the old Ginger Wally Thread? My time is still limited these days but I'd like to read what I missed at some point. Hopefully.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)