Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I think this is what they are counting on really. That if people stop giving a crap and that the fandom will just wither away and disappear. Of course the problem I think really is DC's mistakenly belief that somehow getting rid of Wally's vocal fans will somehow convert all the readers to being Barry Allen fans. That really hasn't happened yet despite DC having eight years and a tv show and movie appearances to sell people on this character. Much like with Hal Jordan in the 90s, I think the Wally West is proving far too resilient to DC's corporate's shenanigans.
    To clarify I no longer care what they do with the current Wally as it's clear they don't plan to do anything with him except crap on him. I'm still a huge fan of Wally and still read and enjoy his stories.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I`hate to be the "actually" guy, but the lead was actually Barry. There are concepts of Wally as Kid Flash from that game.
    It was Wally. Here's a link.
    https://screenrant.com/the-flash-vid...elled-project/

And from the article.
    "Though it never saw the light of day, Bottlerocket Entertainment (alongside Brash Entertainment and Warner Brothers) once set out to develop an open world Flash video game, with the Wally West version of the character taking center-stage."
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

https://screenrant.com/the-flash-vid...elled-project/

And from the article.
    "Though it never saw the light of day, Bottlerocket Entertainment (alongside Brash Entertainment and Warner Brothers) once set out to develop an open world Flash video game, with the Wally West version of the character taking center-stage."
    It's meaningless now anyway, but I distinctly remember reading that it was Barry some 10 years ago (and also, Wally's design as Kid Flash). But the info then could have wrong or incomplete, maybe the game had flashbacks planned?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It's meaningless now anyway, but I distinctly remember reading that it was Barry some 10 years ago (and also, Wally's design as Kid Flash). But the info then could have wrong or incomplete, maybe the game had flashbacks planned?
    I always thought it was Wally. Especially from the costume design. Definitely scream Wally to me rather than Barry. Especially around that time with Wally's Flash Rebirth suit.
    1250906-flash_super.jpg

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I don’t know if you guys saw February’s solicitations but this is it ... it seems the rumors were true and “it’s gonna get worse for Wally West”.

I’m not even mad at Didio & cie. I’m just sad to see that I have to stop buying comics from my favorite publisher. Time to move on I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I don’t know if you guys saw February’s solicitations but this is it ... it seems the rumors were true and “it’s gonna get worse for Wally West”.

I’m not even mad at Didio & cie. I’m just sad to see that I have to stop buying comics from my favorite publisher. Time to move on I guess.
    It feels like 2011 all over again. I hate this feeling of not wanting to buy comics or see my favorite characters go through unnecessary changes that won't stick, be brutalized, die, become alcoholics, or fall back into limbo. Stories that we get now are mean spirited and will only be retconned or forgotten just in time for the next big shock value story.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

On the brighter side . . . does that mean maybe Wally isn't dead?

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Um, I'm confused: where does it mention Wally?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Lots of great stuff coming out of Marvel these days!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

My reaction is "yawn". Didn't it already "get worse for Wally West" for like the lat three solicit already? So what else is new?

Don't care about Didio's DC. Guess I'm numb to his constant rehashing of his same fetishes.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Um, I'm confused: where does it mention Wally?
    Look at Heroes in Crisis and The Flash/Batman crossover.

From my twitter last night, something lighter than all the Heroes in Crisis news:
    49728FA6-B6A4-4FAE-8190-244F394AB15D.jpg
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    From my twitter last night, something lighter than all the Heroes in Crisis news:
    49728FA6-B6A4-4FAE-8190-244F394AB15D.jpg
    Michal Rosenbaum was awesome. The perfect Wally. He is a really funny and chilled guy. I listened to his podcast a few times.

He had Tom Welling on one episode and as a Smallville fan that was a real treat hearing them talk about doing the show.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Michal Rosenbaum was awesome. The perfect Wally. He is a really funny and chilled guy. I listened to his podcast a few times.

He had Tom Welling on one episode and as a Smallville fan that was a real treat hearing them talk about doing the show.
    Funnily Enough I’ve actually been watching the show again because I’m finally getting round to reading Season 11 which i seem to be getting as Christmas gifts and Finished off Season 5 this morning: Good Times
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Funnily Enough I’ve actually been watching the show again because I’m finally getting round to reading Season 11 which i seem to be getting as Christmas gifts and Finished off Season 5 this morning: Good Times
    Nice. I'm actually rewatching them as well. Loved it as a teenager and haven't watched them in a long time. They're still very good. Way better than today's Arrowverse stuff imo.

I'm up to season 3 so I'm a little behind you. Never read season 11. How is it?