Page 55 of 94 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    From my twitter last night, something lighter than all the Heroes in Crisis news:
    Attachment 73963
    Funnily Enough I’ve actually been watching the show again because I’m finally getting round to reading Season 11 which i seem to be getting as Christmas gifts and Finished off Season 5 this morning: Good Times

Dude!!! That’s awesome! The only season 11 issues I read were the Jay Garrick issues. I kind of liked Jay being the Obi-Wan type guy in exile. It was an interesting take on the character.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Dude!!! That’s awesome! The only season 11 issues I read were the Jay Garrick issues. I kind of liked Jay being the Obi-Wan type guy in exile. It was an interesting take on the character.
    Wait. What? Jay comes in there? And they treat him like Obi Wan Kenobi, as he should be?

Sounds like I definitely need to check it out. Do you have any images of Jay from there?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Wait. What? Jay comes in there? And they treat him like Obi Wan Kenobi, as he should be?

Sounds like I definitely need to check it out. Do you have any images of Jay from there?
    I believe he Debuts in Volume 3: Haunted 1346182A-F924-4603-A878-7414C21325C6.jpg
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Thanks! Yeah, i knew about Jay, I cant wait, but honestly i dont think i’ve ever watched the entire show all the way through, I always stop at Season 7 because I generally cant bring myself to sit through the two seasons without Lex and Lionel, I have seen Season 10 however

Also funny you should mention Obi Wan, I actually got a reply from James Arnold Taylor yesterday too when he was going a Q&A
    Last edited by Denirac; 11-20-2018 at 07:18 AM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Denirac beat me to it! It is definitely worth checking out. I’m not a huge smallville fan, but I did enjoy that arc.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

I believe he Debuts in Volume 3: Haunted 1346182A-F924-4603-A878-7414C21325C6.jpg
    Thanks. He looks really good. Love the buttons up the front. Makes it look old school.

Thanks! Yeah, i knew about Jay, I cant wait, but honestly i dont think i’ve ever watched the entire show all the way through, I always stop at Season 7 because I generally cant bring myself to sit through the two seasons without Lex and Lionel, I have seen Season 10 however
    Also funny you should mention Obi Wan, I actually got a reply from James Arnold Taylor yesterday too when he was going a Q&A
    Its still good after the 7th season but it gets a little weird with Doomsday in season 8 and Zod in 9. Still good but not really the same show. I think the show runners left after that as well.Alfred Gough and Miles Miller.

Denirac beat me to it! It is definitely worth checking out. I’m not a huge smallville fan, but I did enjoy that arc.
    Thanks. I'll add it to the list.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 11-20-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Since we are on the topic of smallville, I will say that show still has the best live action adaptation of The Justice Society! That guy that played Hawkman was spot on!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Since we are on the topic of smallville, I will say that show still has the best live action adaptation of The Justice Society! That guy that played Hawkman was spot on!
    Yep, Far Better than Legends handled them, I wasnt crazy about Smallville’s portrayals of Bart Allen or Slade Wilson though
    Pull List:

Smallville did an amazing job on the JSA. Stargirl looked perfect. Hawkman's suit was ok. Pretty impressive for a TV budget though. Especially the wings. But as Jekyll said the actor was perfect.

But my favorite was Dr. Fate. He has such a cool look and they took it directly from the comics. The special effects for him were pretty good as well. I also liked the black and white flashbacks and the classic JSA round table with the portrait. Gave me chills when I saw them. Not surprisingly these episodes were written by Geoff Johns. The Legion episode he did wasn't bad either.

Legends definitely sucked in their portrayel. As far as Bart goes I was just disappointed it wasn't Wally. Lol. Bart was a weird choice honestly.

Smallville did an amazing job on the JSA. Stargirl looked perfect. Hawkman's suit was ok. Pretty impressive for a TV budget though. Especially the wings. But as Jekyll said the actor was perfect.

But my favorite was Dr. Fate. He has such a cool look and they took it directly from the comics. The special effects for him were pretty good as well. I also liked the black and white flashbacks and the classic JSA round table with the portrait. Gave me chills when I saw them. Not surprisingly these episodes were written by Geoff Johns. The Legion episode he did wasn't bad either.

Legends definitely sucked in their portrayel. As far as Bart goes I was just disappointed it wasn't Wally. Lol. Bart was a weird choice honestly.
    They did mention Wally and Barry to be fair: Bart Allen may have neen his real name but he had aliases as Barry Allen, Jay Garrick and Wally West
    Pull List:

They did mention Wally and Barry to be fair: Bart Allen may have neen his real name but he had aliases as Barry Allen, Jay Garrick and Wally West
    Lol. Yeah I just saw that as a joke and a wink wink to the fans. But he was still Bart.

But they didn't do a good job with him. I tried to get myself excited because it was a Flash but just couldent.

His costume was also horrendous with the hoodie. I know it was supposed to be no tights but others on the show got decent costumes.

Lol. Yeah I just saw that as a joke and a wink wink to the fans. But he was still Bart.

But they didn't do a good job with him. I tried to get myself excited because it was a Flash but just couldent.

His costume was also horrendous with the hoodie. I know it was supposed to be no tights but others on the show got decent costumes.
    “No Tights” Yet Oliver Queen had a full on Green Arrow suit
    Pull List:

“No Tights” Yet Oliver Queen had a full on Green Arrow suit
    Yeah pretty much. And it was a pretty decent costume. Justin Hartley also did a pretty good Bruce Wayne/Batman to Clark.

Yeah pretty much. And it was a pretty decent costume. Justin Hartley also did a pretty good Bruce Wayne/Batman to Clark.
    Agreed, Hartley was great, but I’d have liked more scenes with Hartley and John Glover, Lionel Luthor was amazing
    Pull List:

Agreed, Hartley was great, but I’d have liked more scenes with Hartley and John Glover, Lionel Luthor was amazing
    Yeah Lionel was great. Probably the best actor, and if not definitely the most fun to watch. He is the epitome of deliciously evil. A modern day Vincent Price. It was weird when he turned good at the end though.