Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Okay, folks, let's keep this appreciative and leave the personal comments at the door, so to speak.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Just finished, for the fourth or fifth time, reading The Flash #152-159. Don't know why, but I love the Dark Flash Saga.

And the final pages ...

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I agree. I like that Baron was trying out different ideas and directions but his characterization of Wally wasn't that great.

Wally really became the fun , lovable, slightly immature red head we all know more with Messner-Loebs run.
    This!!!
    Baron's run was interesting, but it wasn't the greatest. His state at the time wasn't that conducive to great work either.
    That said, Messner-Loebs take the book and absolutely ROCKED IT. I seriously doubt another writer could have done such an amazing job.
    He slowly changed the character of Wally West in a way that was well written, timed and made perfect sense story wise.
    He gave us a Pied Piper who for the first time was a real person (and GASP! gay!)
    He gave us Linda Park.
    He gave us Wally's mum and dad who were interesting, flawed people.
    Chunk, Mason, Connie, Tina - were all either introduced or made more interesting by Bill.
    The bloke does not get the recognition he deserves.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Just finished, for the fourth or fifth time, reading The Flash #152-159. Don't know why, but I love the Dark Flash Saga.

And the final pages ...

It's a great story with great art.
    And that costume is STILL one of the COOLEST designs EVER.
    Walter West was a great character.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    No, I haven't been around this year much at all since family members dementia got bad. (Not fun.) Well. At least that terrible warning that made me wince every time I saw it on the thread title is gone on this one.

(Dang. So I deleted what I was going to say before I thought this was the Other Wally Thread and didn't save it. Aw, nuts.)

That said...does anyone have a link to the old Ginger Wally Thread? My time is still limited these days but I'd like to read what I missed at some point. Hopefully.
    Here you go. The link for the old thread.
    http://community.comicbookresources....UWALLY-BASHING!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post

And the final pages ...

I love that story. Loved the mystery and Walter West is a great character. Plus he has a very cool look and I liked his tougher stance on criminals. But yes his costume is still so cool. I think a lot of it has influenced future looks for Wally's costumes. Like his Flash Rebirth one with the darker red and cowl covering his nose. I would say even Wally's silver lighting these days came from there.

To me this was the last really good Wally story as Johns took over right after and Wally got watered down and wasn't as good.

Walter_West__Flash__by_wraith2099.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Double Post.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Also his first cover is one of my favorite covers of all time.

4657502-7338749930-Dark_.jpg

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Here you go. The link for the old thread.
    http://community.comicbookresources....UWALLY-BASHING!!!)

I love that story. Loved the mystery and Walter West is a great character. Plus he has a very cool look and I liked his tougher stance on criminals. But yes his costume is still so cool. I think a lot of it has influenced future looks for Wally's costumes. Like his Flash Rebirth one with the darker red and cowl covering his nose. I would say even Wally's silver lighting these days came from there.

To me this was the last really good Wally story as Johns took over right after and Wally got watered down and wasn't as good.

Walter_West__Flash__by_wraith2099.jpg
    Thank you for the link.

Dark Flash was a great story. I loved the mystery, execution, and ending. Well, not the ending since it in fact 'ended' when obviously it was meant to continue. D.I. Walter was a great character. Much better than Barry's 'evil twin' stories. It also featured Jay and Impulse. Plus the tie-ins where other heroes reacted to him. What was not to love?

I'm champing at the bit until they come out with a trade. Been wanting to re-read this story for years.
    And yeah... Best Flash Costume Evah!
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Double post.

However, since I'm here anyway. (And I'm a curious beast in more ways than one...)

Moderators, if you are still culling extra long threads to keep the system from crashing? The Teen Titans one is longer than the Wally by quite a bit and is still going as is. I see you did get the Green Lantern one and the Extended Universe going on at 28,0000 though. Whew!

http://community.comicbookresources....iation/page570
    Last edited by Kyer; 08-12-2018 at 09:14 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Progress .

I always forget about his original Kid Flash costume .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    This cover makes me wonder when exactly did artists start drawing Wally the way we see him in NTT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    This cover makes me wonder when exactly did artists start drawing Wally the way we see him in NTT.
    How exactly do you mean "when exactly did artists start drawing Wally the way we see him in NTT"?

And, by the way, that cover was from an issue that came out back in 1963.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Progress .

He was a mini Flash. lol. And when he became the Flash it was also just Barry's costume.

Which really makes me appreciate his new Rebirth suit and his Flash Rebirth one. It put his own unique touch on it. (His Flash suit with his own little qualities on it is still my favorite though )

i think they could even still add some more Walter West touches onto it. As we said above that is an awesome costume.