Page 65 of 94 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Also just going to point out here too: Tom King tweeted this today:
    C5F1923E-6EF2-4AA7-B012-A0F06DCE1000.jpg

Doesnt that contradict his claim that DiDio picked Booster and Harley and gave him the list of characters to kill
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post

Doesnt that contradict his claim that DiDio picked Booster and Harley and gave him the list of characters to kill

I think DC sent King a list of character he can kill (which imply King plans to kill a lot of characters). I don't think DC order the death of the characters in the list.

Regarding DC picking Harley and Booster, I don't remember that. Where is that information?

Although it could be characters he was allowed to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I think DC sent King a list of character he can kill (which imply King plans to kill a lot of characters). I don't think DC order the death of the characters in the list.

Regarding DC picking Harley and Booster, I don't remember that. Where is that information?

Although it could be characters he was allowed to use.
    https://ew.com/books/2018/07/13/batm...s-crisis-more/
    21461EC8-FAD4-4501-9931-36B47483F454.jpg
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Astonishing Member

Thank you very much.

According to the interview, King ask Didio for two characters he can use. Didio chose Harley and Booster, but King seems pretty happy with Didio choice.

So, I would say it's still King choice at the end.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

With people in general what they do shows more of their intentions rather than what they say. Especially in this case with the PR angle.

Based on Kings history I don't think he has a particular dislike to any hero specifically. But we do know that he doesn't give a crap about a hero's history or even personality. So I don't think he had any preference. Maybe Booster since he wrote him before and tore him apart. And he is a weird choice for this.

The rest is obvious who's choice it was based on history and the actual words out of his mouth. We know that Didio doesn't like Wally and the Titans generation. So it's no coincidence that they are getting massacred literally and figuratively. As for Harely we know Didio is a pr guy so he would push her based on marketing.

The bad writing and trauma and bs psycho issues are obviously king since he puts that in every one of his stories. The specific heroes and the particular crapping on them as well as all the death and gore ala Identity Crisis is Didio all the way.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

According to Didio, the death of Wally was idea of King. Didio say this in an interview:

"We did an interview and a panel, and God bless Tom King for reminding me of my own statements," the Co-Publisher said. "He said, 'I take the word Crisis very seriously. I remember when Dan did an interview in 2007 and said you can't have the word Crisis and have a live Flash. You've got to kill a Flash every Crisis. I take those things to heart.' I didn't give him that thought.

https://www.google.com.pe/amp/s/www....is-deaths/amp/

PS: It's a pretty horrible concept.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Do you guy think we will atleast get Wally in the new season of young justice?
    I hope he is in season 2 of titans

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I would highly doubt that Wally would ever be in Titans. It could last 10 seasons and I doubt Wally would ever be in it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They are not going to use Wally. They don't like cross show confusion and since he's in The Flash/Legends or whatever he will never get his place on the Titans show. Same with Roy.

Makes you think about HiC, really.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    For those of us who live standing up and not laying down, . . .

Thank You Major!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

20181129_164048.jpg
    Here's your close up WallyWestFlash!

I have NO idea why it keeps posting the image sideways. Sorry!!
    Last edited by married guy; 11-28-2018 at 11:49 PM.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    According to Didio, the death of Wally was idea of King. Didio say this in an interview:

"We did an interview and a panel, and God bless Tom King for reminding me of my own statements," the Co-Publisher said. "He said, 'I take the word Crisis very seriously. I remember when Dan did an interview in 2007 and said you can't have the word Crisis and have a live Flash. You've got to kill a Flash every Crisis. I take those things to heart.' I didn't give him that thought.

https://www.google.com.pe/amp/s/www....is-deaths/amp/

PS: It's a pretty horrible concept.
    This quote alone proves that Didio is not talented nor is he creative, and worse proves that he has ZERO idea on what makes the DC universe special. It’s sad to see him continually pervert and twist the DCU into a dark, unrecognizable, pile of shit.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Wow. They really went out of their to way to really humiliate Wally as much as they can. I have not seen a hero shit on as much as this in a long time.

Glad we had months to prepare for this bs. Really want to drop DC all together. This all is really leaving a very bad taste in my mouth and is very upsetting.
    Expect more of it with Dan Didio in charge. Wally, Dick, and several other second gen characters are going to have a rough time while he is at the wheel.

(Very bothered that we have to go through this all over again)
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    This quote alone proves that Didio is not talented nor is he creative, and worse proves that he has ZERO idea on what makes the DC universe special. It’s sad to see him continually pervert and twist the DCU into a dark, unrecognizable, pile of shit.
    Dan’s just trying to shift the blame so he can say he’s changed- he hasnt changed and HiC and the handling of Wally last issue proved it
    Pull List:

Astonishing Member

Dan’s just trying to shift the blame so he can say he’s changed- he hasnt changed and HiC and the handling of Wally last issue proved it
    I didn't say this to shift the blame from Didio (since he still allow Heroes in Crisis), but I think it was idea of Tom King to kill Wally.

I mean Tom King was along Dan Didio in the Comic-Con International in San Diego when Didio say it was King idea.

https://www.newsarama.com/41143-does...in-crisis.html