Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Yeah, I believe Morrison himself never liked them or something.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yeah, I believe Morrison himself never liked them or something.
    Yeah it was The Flash#133. That was a Morrison/Millar issue.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It wasn't Johns. The white eyes were gone during the Morrison/Millar run, when the speed force costume coalesced into it's final form, after a fight with Mirror Master. The white eyes were specifically mentioned as something Wally never really liked.
    Oh yea. You'r right. Well I like them.

But also the white eyes really represent to me Wally at his best. He got them at issue 50 when he got his own costume and really came into his own. And lost them at the end of Waid's run when Wally was starting to lose his uniqueness and the stories in general started to go downhill.

So for me the white eyes really remind me Wally at his best.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    Yeah it was The Flash#133. That was a Morrison/Millar issue.
    That was a great story and I kinda liked the yellow speed force suit.

Also had a great cover with the faces of the DCU covers.

898557.jpg

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Guys...bad week and about to start a killer work period. I ran into something called Heroes In Crisis Prelude while doing my usual Wally West search in YT and...

Oh hell. Key words like "massacre" do not bode well. I already am not crazy about another emotional crisis storyline and this one makes me feel doubly anxious as it is by Tom King and one of the videos featured an interview with Tom King about The Flash and how writing Flashes made him uncomfortable as he couldn't wrap his mind around how anyone would be able to confound a Flash. Which to my memory sounds a lot of like how Wolfmann wrote about Flashes and... Wally never did fare very well in his Teen Titans?

Also... this storyline is something brought about by Dan Didio?

Am really not getting any happy vibes here. Loved the start of Rebirth and this sounds like going backwards.

Someone have any good news about this?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Someone have any good news about this?
    Honestly, it doesn't look good at all at the moment.

I've pretty much resigned myself to Wally being the biggest casualty of the event even if he survives. I'm afraid it's going to be like Booster in King's Batman run but so much worse.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Honestly, it doesn't look good at all at the moment.

I've pretty much resigned myself to Wally being the biggest casualty of the event even if he survives. I'm afraid it's going to be like Booster in King's Batman run but so much worse.
    So, basically, odds are good that I am going to be wiping my DC Budget bone-clean other than for reprints from 2005 and prior.... Got'cha. Whelp. I'm off to work to make those dollars that DC won't be seeing. *sigh*
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Fantastic Member

So, basically, odds are good that I am going to be wiping my DC Budget bone-clean other than for reprints from 2005 and prior.... Got'cha. Whelp. I'm off to work to make those dollars that DC won't be seeing. *sigh*
    To be fair, we don't really know how Wally will factor into things yet.

All we know is someone is going to gun down a lot of other heroes at Sanctuary, and Booster and Harley are the prime suspects. Wally is supposedly the third suspect since he apparently survives the shooting, and out of the three, is most likely the probable culprit if it comes from that group. I mean, King and others involved have talked a lot about Harley/Booster while Wally has barely been mentioned so is he clearly the "shocking" choice of the trio.

spoilers:
    There are also rumors going around that Wally will end up in the new Suicide Squad book as a result.
    end of spoilers

I've pretty much resigned myself to expect the worst case scenario and have made myself stopped caring.

I've had some good practice with the disappointments over the last two plus years.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I've had some good practice with the disappointments over the last two plus years.
    Only the last two plus years?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Only the last two plus years?
    Specifically since then because I had such high hopes when they brought Wally back so awesomely with so much potential in the Rebirth Special one shot.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Specifically since then because I had such high hopes when they brought Wally back so awesomely with so much potential in the Rebirth Special one shot.
    That is what hurts the most.
    And now everything is about sorrow, despair and tragedy.

Time to move on and focus on the good memories.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    That is what hurts the most.
    And now everything is about sorrow, despair and tragedy.

Time to move on and focus on the good memories.
    Wally Rudolph West (I can't really call him Wallace anymore can I without inviting more confusion) was never created by the Great Comic Book Characters Creator to be featured in downbeat stories. That's why I loved him [other than the original red hair *cough*] was for his sense of humor, honor, and loyalty. He and Superman- near boy scout version are my favorite DC characters [when DC isn't ruining them *angry grumbling*] It's also why just before DC52 I started getting into Booster Gold and Justice League International the Classic Version [dear God the DC52 version was horrible]

Now I grant you. Some of the greatest scenes in The Return of Barry Allen was a demoralized Wally. However, the VERY BEST scenes were of a demoralized Wally getting his sh** together and triumphantly giving the villain what for and how and with a happy Wally and friends before the end credits. There was no sense of lingering doom after that story which would have lessened its satisfying greatness.

Dan Didio's outlook on how entertainment should go is bleak. I would not want to be him. I wish he'd stop foistering his bleakness where it does not belong. He should take it somewhere it would truly be appreciated. Horror films, maybe?

I loathe the idea of Wally linked with Suicide Squad and anything that side of Batman/Gotham that isn't linked to the words LEGO or CHILDREN'S ANIMATION. The very idea is like making a movie where a cute duckling is a psycho murdering Alien in disguise. I won't read it if they paid -me-.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

I can't believe I'm typing this, but maybe someone could slip Geoff Johns a note that maybe he should take a glance at what Didio is doing to his once beautiful Rebirth. This newest Crisis can't be where he intended DC comics to go.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Wally Rudolph West (I can't really call him Wallace anymore can I without inviting more confusion) was never created by the Great Comic Book Characters Creator to be featured in downbeat stories. That's why I loved him [other than the original red hair *cough*] was for his sense of humor, honor, and loyalty. He and Superman- near boy scout version are my favorite DC characters [when DC isn't ruining them *angry grumbling*] It's also why just before DC52 I started getting into Booster Gold and Justice League International the Classic Version [dear God the DC52 version was horrible]

Now I grant you. Some of the greatest scenes in The Return of Barry Allen was a demoralized Wally. However, the VERY BEST scenes were of a demoralized Wally getting his sh** together and triumphantly giving the villain what for and how and with a happy Wally and friends before the end credits. There was no sense of lingering doom after that story which would have lessened its satisfying greatness.

Dan Didio's outlook on how entertainment should go is bleak. I would not want to be him. I wish he'd stop foistering his bleakness where it does not belong. He should take it somewhere it would truly be appreciated. Horror films, maybe?

I loathe the idea of Wally linked with Suicide Squad and anything that side of Batman/Gotham that isn't linked to the words LEGO or CHILDREN'S ANIMATION. The very idea is like making a movie where a cute duckling is a psycho murdering Alien in disguise. I won't read it if they paid -me-.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Somehow, Flash became a very bleak character.
    For this, I blame the God-awful decisions made in Rebirth and everything after.
    Barry Allen is BACK!
    BUT! We're not going to give you stories about how he reinserts himself into the DCU, or see him interact with a much more mature Wally West, or his grandson Bart.
    We won't tell you if he gets along with Max Mercury and his insights regarding the Speed Force.
    No reunion with Jay.
    DC decide to throw the baby out with the bathwater and get rid of damn near every character in the Flash Family.

Then when we finally get Wally West back, first it's in his Kid Flash costume. Then he gets shunted off to Titans and AGAIN, doesn't appear in the Flash book.
    Then he gets killed, revived, gets a pacemaker, loses his wife AND his kids, then AGAIN gets shunted off to another title.
    Now there's rumours he's going to join the Suicide Squad????
    Is there ANYBODY in the DC offices who read a Wally West Flash book anytime between 1987-2002??
    Are you telling me there is nobody there to stop and say, "Gee, y'know, I don't know if this is a bit out of character"??

Mark Waid said it best. Wally West is the guy who got to live his dream. He grew up to become EXACTLY what he wanted.
    That joy disappeared a long time ago.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.