Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    . . . Then when we finally get Wally West back, first it's in his Kid Flash costume. Then he gets shunted off to Titans and AGAIN, doesn't appear in the Flash book.
    Then he gets killed, revived, gets a pacemaker, loses his wife AND his kids, then AGAIN gets shunted off to another title.
    Had he EVER had back his wife & kids in a regular continuity story ever since Flashpoint?
    (If not, the order in which you place your complaints should be revised.)

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Had he EVER had back his wife & kids in a regular continuity story ever since Flashpoint?
    His kids? No.
    Linda was reintroduced, but didn't know who he was. (Which considering the lengths Waid went to reinforcing she was/is his lightning rod pissed me off no end)

My point being, where did the joy go? Wally had his fair share of crap, but he was always aware he was living his dream.
    Now? He's been reduced to a brooding, moping, cowardly, impulsive character who no longer resembles the Wally I've read for over 30 years.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

His kids? No.
    Linda was reintroduced, but didn't know who he was. (Which considering the lengths Waid went to reinforcing she was/is his lightning rod pissed me off no end)

My point being, where did the joy go? Wally had his fair share of crap, but he was always aware he was living his dream.
    Now? He's been reduced to a brooding, moping, cowardly, impulsive character who no longer resembles the Wally I've read for over 30 years.
    I don't know where "cowardly" comes from because it hasn't registered with me at all, but some adversity doesn't hurt a character. Wally would become boring and stale if all he ever did was win, win, win all the time.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I don't know where "cowardly" comes from because it hasn't registered with me at all, but some adversity doesn't hurt a character.
    Perhaps from Priest having Wally run away from fighting Deathstroke because he was scared during the Lazarus Contract? Priest was clearly propping up his guy, but he did double down on it at Wally's expense.

Wally would become boring and stale if all he ever did was win, win, win all the time.
    I think the thing is Wally hasn't really won anything since coming back.

His entire stint with the Titans has been actively portrayed as the team being a complete failure which diminishes whatever minor victories he had such as with Abra Kadabra. I don't mind adversity, but that honestly seems to be all his character has these days. It would just be nice if they would let the character breathe for a bit instead of one terrible thing happening after another with nothing positive to look forward to in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    His entire stint with the Titans has been actively portrayed as the team being a complete failure which diminishes whatever minor victories he had such as with Abra Kadabra. I don't mind adversity, but that honestly seems to be all his character has these days. It would just be nice if they would let the character breathe for a bit instead of one terrible thing happening after another with nothing positive to look forward to in the future.
    Man, when did being a Flash become so depressing ?

Maybe that's why we need Jay and Bart back...

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Perhaps from Priest having Wally run away from fighting Deathstroke because he was scared during the Lazarus Contract? Priest was clearly propping up his guy, but he did double down on it at Wally's expense.

I think the thing is Wally hasn't really won anything since coming back.

Let me tell you about this dude named Barry Allen from 1979 until 2009...

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    His kids? No.
    Linda was reintroduced, but didn't know who he was....
    No, married guy had it right the first time. Wally lost first Linda Park his wife of many, happy years. He was just working through this when he recently was reminded just before Flash War that he also had two kids. So now he knows he's lost a wife and kids.

Cowardly was the Deathstroke thing. One of Wally's first acts was facing Vandal Savage. Yet in in the Titans xover he runs away from Deathstroke. Oy. (Then again it bugged me no end that when Wally and Superman finally get to meet again they colored Wally's eyes bright blue. What the heck, DC? Does nobody do research over there?)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Let me tell you about this dude named Barry Allen from 1979 until 2009...

Yes; and that stunk too. Every horrible twist DC has done with a knife to the ribs of DC character fans (hello, Ralph & Sue, hello, Blue Beetle, hello, quite a few Titan members, Roy's daughter. Tim Drake's dad.... you get the picture. They all stunk to high heaven. DC has become Dystopian Comics. I saw light starting to peek out of the darkness with the onset of Rebirth, but now the dark clouds are growing again. It has me worried. I hated being without my favorite superheroes from (at least!) 2011 on. I miss early 2009 when I was still ignorant about what was going on in comics having only old Flash and JLA books to go by for the 'modern' scene. It's reached the point I wish I could go back in time and tell my younger self "for the love of Pete, woman, do NOT watch that JLU cartoon show! Go outside or something! Anything else but fall in love again with superheroes. Trust me on this."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Another reason to be morose. We are STILL waiting for Jay! Bart is back (I think. Honestly, at this point I'm not sure because...) where he is exactly, I don't know because I think I saw one or two scenes with him and then I've found nuth'n.
    Last edited by Kyer; 08-24-2018 at 10:43 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

In the interest in seeing some Wally West: Flash Appriecation in the thread again:

I'm reading that the Justice League of America: Sanctuary trade was a dud, but for Flash fans there was a nice story featuring Wally working with Wonder Woman. But I can't find a single picture of this other than the Sanctuary trade cover. Anyone have and can donate some great scene or two? The only story I recall highlighting these two also featured Zoom and Cheetah and it was not... it was not my cup of Velocity 9.

That would be nice, but alas I don’t see anything happening or developing anytime soon. It seems DC doesn’t want any new books that aren’t Bat related.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Mighty Member

Bart is back. We just don't know where is going to end up yet.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Bart is back. We just don't know where is going to end up yet.
    But he's not going to be making an appearance anywhere anytime soon.
    Certainly not in the Flash title.

You'd think Wally would be kinda high on Bart's first port of calls wouldn't you?
    Or at the very least he'd run straight to his grandma Iris!

No Jay, no Max, no Jesse, no Kon, Tim or Cassie either.
    Where the hell is Bart Allen???
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

NOT happy with the fact that Tom King will be writing him in HiC. Uurgh. Get ready for depressed Wally...

Yep, now more than ever!