Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394 LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1401

Merry Christmas to Y’All, I’m gonna be back on here more now I have something good to talk about again- Smallville Season 11
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Welcome. Always happy to have another Wally fan around.
    Wow. That's so cool. Over a year. It must have been a ride to read all of that straight through.

I really like them on the show. They did a great job with them hating each other at first and then growing and falling in love.

For the main universe it will always be Linda. But I think it's fun to see other pairings and love interests for Wally in other alternate stories.

I was always trying to figure out which super heroine would work best with Wally. There was Donna who he liked when he was in TT. Then there was Power girl who he hit on when he was younger.

I was thinking maybe Supergirl or Zatanna might be a good match.
    A crackship I know but Wally West and Carol Ferris perhaps. If not, I'd like to see Wally with Jessica Cruz.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Wally & Jessica would be really fun.

Astonishing Member

Wally and Jessica seems really freaking weird to me considering Barry and Jessica were a thing briefly. It'd be like Barry dating Frances or something.

Though, amusingly, it would explain why two of her awful future kids had red hair (made no sense with Barry).
    Last edited by Dred; 12-25-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    A crackship I know but Wally West and Carol Ferris perhaps. If not, I'd like to see Wally with Jessica Cruz.
    I think Carol would be too tough and high maintenance for Wally. Jessica might be fun. Although I think Wally needs someone more confident and someone who can keep Wally focused. Although I haven't read Green Lanterns so Jessica might be different these days.

I still think Zatanna makes the most sense. She's fun and chilled, but is confident and can be tough as well. Her and Wally can have fun together but she can get Wally on the right track if she needs to.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Happy Christmas you guys.btw what do you guys think of artemis and Wally pairing.
    Like with most Wally-related stuff on YJ, I thought the idea really worked while the actual execution of it was incredibly poor. It certainly wasn't the worst option in a universe where Linda isn't a possibility.
    Last edited by Rend20; 12-25-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

The thing about Artemis and Wally is that Artemis is not Wally's love interest like Linda is. Wally is Artemis's love interest. Artemis is the important character with the season spanning story arcs in both years. Wally's only minor arc in all of YJ is getting a vague message about finding a person to fall in love with -- typical love interest plotting. You could've excised him entirely from season 2 and nothing about the story changes, there's just slightly less drama about Artemis' cover and no melodramatic death.

Not that there's anything wrong with this. Artemis is a good character. But it's why Wally could die -- he wasn't that important, he was only a love interest to a more major character. Love interests die all the time. It's why Wally didn't really ever have a triumphant moment that wasn't getting Artemis to snog him, or some heroic catharsis that played into the plot. Wally was the least important member of the original crew and that is why he was so easily replaced by, and completely inferior to, Bart. It's kind of amusing to amusing to me that Bart took Wally's title when Bart was always the better hero. Bart got a serious, plot relevant story arc, after all.

YJ's not really a great universe for Wally in general for these reasons. Dead and rather unimportant(especially season 2, yeesh). Still like the show for other characters, though, so here's looking forward to that.

Side note, I do find it quite funny that there's like one good (as in, moralistically good) asian character of relevance in the whole show and Wally ends up with her. Maybe he's got a type. Though half Vietnamese is pretty different from full Korean.
    Last edited by Dred; 12-26-2018 at 01:01 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The thing about Artemis and Wally is that Artemis is not Wally's love interest like Linda is. Wally is Artemis's love interest. Artemis is the important character with the season spanning story arcs in both years. Wally's only minor arc in all of YJ is getting a vague message about finding a person to fall in love with -- typical love interest plotting.
    I had no problem with Wally being reduced to a love interest. The dilemma with their relationship is I never bought Artemis' side of it which defeats the point of it. Wally having zero on-screen impact on her and her actions in the two seasons equates to nothing. He was reduced to being an ineffective love interest/plot device for a character who didn't want to be with him.

The other issue is they never should have bothered halfheartedly setting things up for him if they had no intentions of following through. Don't use the events and end of "Coldhearted" to say he would become a better hero in the future if it was only going to lead to him no longer doing the hero thing and don't dedicate an entire episode to actively driving home his inferiority if he was just going to die because of it later. Sometimes it's better to do nothing than pretend you are doing something.

Dick's leave of absence apparently leading to him missing zero episodes away from the team highlights the fallacies of Wally's "story". He got development and importance just as long as the show didn't have to put actual substance behind it.
    Last edited by Rend20; 12-26-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I liked a lot of Wally in YJ but after reading these posts I see that he got the short end of the stick again.

Man, between Barry being competition on the Flash title, and "Wallace" not even letting Wally have dibs on being Wally West, (Not to mention Didio having it out for him in real life), Wally's got a lot working against him.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I liked a lot of Wally in YJ but after reading these posts I see that he got the short end of the stick again.
    There wasn't anything inherently wrong with Wally as a character on Young Justice. It wasn't exactly my ideal interpretation of him, but he was far from being the worst thing ever some make him out to be. The thing is he was unimportant to the overall story so he didn't get the same amount of depth and commitment that the other notable characters did.

His story is actually pretty amazing if one were to base it off the ideas the show tried to present. The end of "Coldhearted" leads to him becoming a better hero, the notion of a sacrifice gives the idea he overcame his inferiority to save the world, and his designated roles said he was incredibly important to other characters such as Artemis, Bart, and Dick.

But what we got in terms of substance was him no longer doing the hero thing even during an alien invasion, his death only coming about because he was an inferior speedster, and him being entirely irrelevant to the other characters when it came to things that actually mattered. Though I'm sure he'll be a big deal now that he's dead as an added insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    There wasn't anything inherently wrong with Wally as a character on Young Justice. It wasn't exactly my ideal interpretation of him, but he was far from being the worst thing ever some make him out to be. The thing is he was unimportant to the overall story so he didn't get the same amount of depth and commitment that the other notable characters did.

His story is actually pretty amazing if one were to base it off the ideas the show tried to present. The end of "Coldhearted" leads to him becoming a better hero, the notion of a sacrifice gives the idea he overcame his inferiority to save the world, and his designated roles said he was incredibly important to other characters such as Artemis, Bart, and Dick.

But what we got in terms of substance was him no longer doing the hero thing even during an alien invasion, his death only coming about because he was an inferior speedster, and him being entirely irrelevant to the other characters when it came to things that actually mattered. Though I'm sure he'll be a big deal now that he's dead as an added insult.
    I feel that Wally's death was a part of the larger story, I also think his return would be an important part of that story as well. Weisman and co. had this story planned out for a long time with a lot of seasons planned. It got canceled so we only go those 2 seasons and part of the story. Any character wouldn't look their best if the full story wasn't told. What I'm worried about is DC putting in some input/notes for the show now after the fact. Like possibly keeping Wally dead which might or might not have been part of the plan.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I feel that Wally's death was a part of the larger story, I also think his return would be an important part of that story as well. Weisman and co. had this story planned out for a long time with a lot of seasons planned. It got canceled so we only go those 2 seasons and part of the story. Any character wouldn't look their best if the full story wasn't told. What I'm worried about is DC putting in some input/notes for the show now after the fact. Like possibly keeping Wally dead which might or might not have been part of the plan.
    The thing is Weisman isn't really a fan of bringing characters back 'from the dead'. I recall he voiced his displeasure when Marvel eventually brought Jean Grey back (after the Phoenix saga, I believe) because it diminished her sacrifice. Now that was years ago so his stance might have changed a bit, but I personally wouldn't bet on it.

I think Wally was killed off for no other reason than he was expendable. Doing so freed up Artemis, who they love and value, and allowed them to act like they did something significant given Wally's popularity. But killing off your least important character —who completely disappeared in the back half of the season— is the easiest thing a show could do.

But, hey, at least YJ never gave us stuff like this cover for the next HiC issue.
    Last edited by Rend20; 12-26-2018 at 02:59 PM.

I liked a lot about Wally in Young Justice. He was fun, I think they had a good take on his personality and character development, and Jason Spisak was awesome. Whenever I think of Wally's voice, I more often then not default to Spisak.

I just wish he had gotten to be the first member of the Team to take over from their mentor .

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post

But, hey, at least YJ never gave us stuff like this cover for the next HiC issue.

That and this obvious troll where you can see the name "Didio" right in the center of the panel : https://i.redd.it/yhhrdkh6mn621.jpg

Can we have at least a break for Christmas ? It seems we are asking too much.

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics