Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091929394 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1401
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    The thing is Weisman isn't really a fan of bringing characters back 'from the dead'. I recall he voiced his displeasure when Marvel eventually brought Jean Grey back (after the Phoenix saga, I believe) because it diminished her sacrifice. Now that was years ago so his stance might have changed a bit, but I personally wouldn't bet on it.

I think Wally was killed off for no other reason than he was expendable. Doing so freed up Artemis, who they love and value, and allowed them to act like they did something significant given Wally's popularity. But killing off your least important character —who completely disappeared in the back half of the season— is the easiest thing a show could do.

But, hey, at least YJ never gave us stuff like this cover for the next HiC issue.
    I still like YJ, as I said. And Wally not being the star of the show is fine by me. He doesn't have to take the spotlight away in everything he appears in for me to be happy that he's included. I was just pointing out a discrepancy in the relationships.

Kon93

I would hardly call Wally a spotlight stealer,not even close in season 2.

And the DC folks who keep thinking ita cute to shit on wally in the comics,karma is a bitch.
    Last edited by Kon93; 12-26-2018 at 10:08 PM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    That and this obvious troll where you can see the name "Didio" right in the center of the panel : https://i.redd.it/yhhrdkh6mn621.jpg

Can we have at least a break for Christmas ? It seems we are asking too much.
    modern_era_flash_wally_west_by_adamantis-d88t2a9.jpg

Agreed. No need to depress ourselves with the same crap over and over.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I would hardly call Wally a spotlight stealer,not even close in season 3.
    I don't think you get what I said.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I don't think you get what I said.
    I dont need characters I like to be the stars to make me happy,even brief cameos sometimes are awesome enough,in the 90s men cartoon Random was in like 1 really brief panoramic type scene and I loved it.

Astonishing Member

I dont need characters I like to be the stars to make me happy,even brief cameos sometimes are awesome enough,in the 90s men cartoon Random was in like 1 really brief panoramic type scene and I loved it.
    Yes, I get that. But what I said was that YJ was good regardless of Wally's downplayed importance. You're agreeing with me but acting like you're disagreeing with me. I went super, super far out of my way to make it clear that there was nothing wrong with Wally being the least important of the original team. It's the same way in the JL cartoon and that's where like 90% of Wally's fans originate.

Fantastic Member

I still like YJ, as I said. And Wally not being the star of the show is fine by me. He doesn't have to take the spotlight away in everything he appears in for me to be happy that he's included. I was just pointing out a discrepancy in the relationships.
    Nobody was saying he had to take the spotlight. I was just pointing out his lack of importance is what made him the easiest to get rid of among the named characters. I actually think the show did too much when it came to Wally. If the events of "Coldhearted" never happened and they dialed down the force of which they established his inferiority, then I would have no issues whatsoever.

Kon93

Yes, I get that. But what I said was that YJ was good regardless of Wally's downplayed importance. You're agreeing with me but acting like you're disagreeing with me. I went super, super far out of my way to make it clear that there was nothing wrong with Wally being the least important of the original team. It's the same way in the JL cartoon and that's where like 90% of Wally's fans originate.
    Difference is Wally wasn't made to look either dumb, or substandard,on the JL show Wally still looked badass

This song really reminds me of Wally (for some reason)

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

Difference is Wally wasn't made to look either dumb, or substandard,on the JL show Wally still looked badass
    With the exception of like three episodes (Brainiac Luthor, Flash and Substance, and the Justice Lords final episode) Wally was a consistent and laughable jobber in the JL cartoon. There wasn't another, directly superior speedster to compare him poorly to but he was definitely not badass most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    This song really reminds me of Wally (for some reason)

Ha! I do like this song .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ha! I do like this song .
    It's my new it song. Gotta listen to it at least once a day. Definitely once during my work out.

I think it reminds me of Wally talking about building a legacy and didn't know how he would make it but just went off of high hopes. The theme of Wally West is wish fullfillment.

Also the upbeat tempo and fast pace energy is definitely a fit for the Flash.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Now DC are just flat out trying to push buttons.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

King's disrespect for speedsters tracks back to Catwoman somehow moving her leg fast enough to hit people going at least the speed of sound. Him killing Wally via Harley, while stupid, is par for the course. King does not write superheros well, he tries to write character trauma. Character trauma doesn't care how fast you are, the plot will conspire to have events happen to cause trauma and force characters to deal with it. Every single character does not matter, what they've done and who they are are obstacles to his end goals.

This works for some characters, for some kinds of books. Sometimes a character's history and personality are things that a story could be serviced by retooling or ignoring. Or sometimes a scenario makes it more acceptable (Hello Mr. Miracle!). But when he's got his hands on every superhero in the industry the flaws of this style of writing show through.

Oh hey Dan Didio. Didn't recognize you at first with the wig and corset.