Page 555 of 719 FirstFirst ... 55455505545551552553554555556557558559565605655 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 10777
    Astonishing Member

Well, it's been awhile since I've done a post, I suppose I could have Held take inventory from the Incenio Raid--

...Or I could do the Rework on Helds techs I've been meaning to do, lol.

I Would like to get Praxat X-Ray mod for her goggles done since doesn't have any new combat techniques for the upcoming battle.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Won't be posting for a little bit because...uh...I'm watching EVO lol

To help expedite the conclusion of the Gero/Grinthorn encounter, I figure there's no reason to retread plot details. Also, Grinthorn is rather mysterious...so I kinda want to try something different.

Instead of having our characters RP a meeting of minds and go over the redundancies, what if we collaborated on a lore piece? Like, everyone whose character has met Grinthorn can contribute a short piece written in the first-person, then compile it into a post here in discussion?

It'd be like one of those documents you find lying around in Resident Evil. I'd call it...

The G File

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I like that idea, Gen
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

To help expedite the conclusion of the Gero/Grinthorn encounter, I figure there's no reason to retread plot details. Also, Grinthorn is rather mysterious...so I kinda want to try something different.

Instead of having our characters RP a meeting of minds and go over the redundancies, what if we collaborated on a lore piece? Like, everyone whose character has met Grinthorn can contribute a short piece written in the first-person, then compile it into a post here in discussion?

It'd be like one of those documents you find lying around in Resident Evil. I'd call it...

The G File
    I’m for it.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

The G File
    Held: It was an odd day. Several of my compatriots have been writing something or other...Honestly, until now, I had assumed several of them were illiterate, so this is both a surprise and a positive development.

Naturally, my curiosity took the best of me, and I found myself conducting a daring, midnight raid...On their diaries. I think they were off doing something with the Doctor or something, which seemed to take all of their time. I overslept as it was, and also had to take inventory from the stuff I liberated from Incenio--I've been putting it off for awhile now, but I started yesterday, and I fear if I take too much time away from it, it may vanish from sight like the shifting sands of this planet when blown about by its frigid winds. As such, I've dedicated this last week to paperwork.

Technically, reading their innermost thoughts counts, no?

As far as I can tell, they all seem to have their panties in a bunch--Side note, do Saiyan women wear panties--about some Grinethor guy. Gowther? Grunter? The pronunciation is unclear.

I'll spare this log the details, as several of the notes are grammatically incorrect, make no factual sense, or seem to be based on some manner of fear or insecurity. Since I went through the trouble of reading these things, I made sure to make copies of them, if only to reference them later. Naturally, I hid them all over the lookout, so that it would be harder to trace the deed to myself.....

But, I digress. Long story short, Ochazuke sees this guy--And apparently he's the president, you think they'd make these notes more accessible to people--as a threat to the earth, with designs upon it he can scarcely comprehend. His very mindset is clouded in smoke, his every movement is obscured even from Ochazuke's formidable insight.

Sarada wrote something about not liking an ******* like him on her protectorate, but I think it was basically a Saiyan defense mechanism. She thinks he should be weaker than her, and she wants to punch him, but at the same time, she knows he's much stronger than he lets on, and 'diplomacy' is still a struggle between her duties as a queen, and her purpose as a warrior.

....I gotta say, I was hoping Ochazuke would have made a book about his thing with Kenshiko, or Sarada would have written some sorta...Karma Sutra...I think that's what those earth folks call it? I mean, Ishtar seems quite taken with her, and she's so old that she can lecture light about the good old days, so she must be absolutely killing it in--

Oh ****, they've returned from battle. I have to--No. No. It's not them.

Oh no. How did I miss it? How the **** did I not realize it? I thought it was just an eclipse, but it's lasted far too long, and the Moon keeps getting closer and closer...

I have to leave this place. Hopefully there's still time.
    Last edited by Miburo; 08-04-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Praxat: Before I didn't know much about the Earth's president, but I knew that was something off with him. It was the way he smiled that tip me off. There was something unnatural about that smile of his.

I have been around humans for a long time now. I know a genuine human smile when I see one. The smile I saw from that man is not how a human is supposed to smile. It had that uncanny valley to it, and thanks to Parsley now I know why.

Now that I know his true name I'll be calling him by that. This shocking revelation is all the more reason I don't want Alakazah getting his claws on my blueprints. I don't want any of my ideas for fuels, engines, and Mechanical systems being used to power weapons of war. Especially don't what my idea for service robots Blasinator, Impacinator, Iceinator, Fusinator, Gasinator, Maginator, Echoinator, and Energinator being turn into killer robots.

I made an oath at Capsule Corp that my ideas will only be used to benefit others not to take lives. I don't want Qaztoh anywhere near that man. He would only corrupt her, and It's bad enough she's been hanging out with Space Pirates for three years.

The Gremlin who stole my blueprints told me that Red Raiders only take blueprints or inventions that are interesting, but my problem was never with the Red Raiders. It was with Alakazah potentially getting his hands on my blueprints. I'm working on discovering a new form of radiation.

This radiation will be the basis of an X-ray mod. It's a modification for my googles. I was hoping to get it done before the final showdown with The Doctor.

Due to my hard work being interrupted by that Gremlin. I won't have time to finish it. So I'm going to have to put it on the backburner for now.

It was going to aid me with the maintenance of the GP ship that will be arriving. To think Earth's President is actually some kind of dragon. Now I wonder who's the bigger threat The Doctor or Alakazah?

In any case, Earth's president is not to be trusted. I could go on about Earth's President but I'm going to end my log on him here.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-05-2019 at 08:51 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Sarada:

In hindsight, I was a fool to think I could ever trust a dickhead like... like, ****, what was his name? Abrakadabra? Hocus... Alakazam? Eh, close enough. I was foolish to try and make a deal with Alakazam. At the time, it seemed harmless. Even then, though, Jinzi didn't trust him. I didn't know why. Didn't ask until after the meeting.

It was me, him, and Blizzar. Jinzi and I were there to discuss a potential alliance between Earth and the Saiyans. Blizzar was there to pitch his surely corrupt space defense system. From the moment I stepped into his office, he gave me the creeps. His arms were too long, his smile too wide, and everything about him raised my hackles. Then, there was the fact that he had no ki signature. It should have been impossible, yet there it was. Mechanical beings were the only ones that I knew of without one, so from right there, I knew he wasn't human. Or organic.

By that point, it was too late to do anything. I had already sat down and the conversation was set to begin. I was trapped and had to see this through. I was unnerved, but I didn't show it. As the most powerful Saiyan in the universe, I had to prove myself strong! No way Alabama was going to get the satisfaction of knowing his caught me off-guard. Though, given what I had heard from Parsley, he already knew.

Damn it.

Damn him.

Him being too agreeable with aliens not only being on his world, but offering to protect his planet should have been a red flag. At the time, I was trying to hurry up and get out of there, but I should have given it more thought. Had I known what he was back then, I never would have went. I never would have put my people in that terrible position. But, I didn't, I did, and I can only hope that he's defeated before I have to follow through.

His touch sent a chill through my body, and not in the same way Ishtar's did. I had to get out of there, and I did by pretending I needed to use the restroom. As an aside, separating restrooms by gender is stupid. It's all going to the same place, so why?

Humans are dumb.

Anyway, I left and Jinzi left with me. I was hoping to learn something from someone who knew him far greater than I. That something turned out to be nothing. Jinzi knew nothing about him. He was a master at covering his tracks. It was frustrating.

It wasn't until far later that I finally learned what he really was, and I learned the full scope of my folly. Like I mentioned before, I can only hope we defeat him before he expects the Saiyans to make good on my promise. Damn it all.

****, I forgot about that stupid summit. I guess I have that to "look forward to". Damn it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sasheem:

What the **** are y'all even talking about?! Sounds stoopid.

P.S. Jinzi, Sasheem has "borrowed" your black card. Heh heh heh. Seriously though, the last time it swiped it made a weird noise. That mean it's broken? Anyway, Sasheem told 'em to send you the bill.

Retired Overlord

Etrina

Subject: President SmugBastard

Writers Note: All written references to SmugBastards name will be temporarily edited to SmugBastard to avoid possible memetic information breach.

Physical Attributes: SmugBastard stands at around 6'4" to 6'5" and looks in the 200lb range. Age unknown. Subject can be identified by badges and uniform of office in concert with unnaturally high level of smugness and cigar smoke.

Smugbastard is the current acting Prime for the World Government, a position that likely obtained through multiple illegitimate means that were both incredibly obvious and yet never investigated...though given later information its safe to assume why. Smugbastard operates with a persistently active effect surrounding his name, triggering his attention when spoken, written(?) or as a thought(Also ?). Without a more fielded understanding on the exact mechanics involved I am unable to determine the base for how this effect triggers, wither it be magical or a inherent part of Smugbastards being a wish granting dragon.

His MO is currently unknown, save for theoretical assumptions regarding his wish making background and specific interest in certain members of our group.(Ishtar, Zurvan, Asha'rah)

His Weaknesses are unknown.
    His Strengths are unknown.

At this stage I cannot formulate any strategy for dealing with Smugbastard(Edited) beyond keep a tight lock on all information that can pass to him via memetic trigger. All attempts to speak, write or even think his given name should be kept as minimal as possible as I'm still unsure of its full capability. If subject appears he should be treated as a high threat subject but not engaged unless absolut

(Editor Note: DAMNIT! I caught the name drop 34 seconds after I wrote it.....Not sure if this was sufficient to catch his attention.......Ugh I'll just rewrite this one later...........

PS: If you ARE reading this, go stuff yourself in some balls somewhere.

--------------

Erosa

Grinthorn Stew
    4 pound Grinthorn Meat(skinned with cigar removed)
    3 pound Dinomeat, Cubed
    Veggie Oil
    6 cups of Water
    7 Tater spheres
    5 Orange Sticks
    4 Green Sticks
    Spoon of Black Pep
    Spoon of Parsley(ehehehe)

Put Grin and Dino in different pots. Cook til screams stop and nice smell.
    Heat up water, put meat in. Boil a little. Add parsley. Wait til screaming stops again.
    Let simmer. Add stupid veggies. Cover and keep heat til ready.
    Feeds one Erosa.....maybe Mom Ishtar if she hungry too.
    Feeds more if anyone tries to sneak a taste cuz I throw you in the pot too.

Qaztoh's Diary.

Dear Diary I like to talk about Earth's President Grinthorn. First, of his name, it sounds like the name of a heavy metal band. Two the others are suspicious of him maybe it's because of that creepy smile of his. Praxat thinks I shouldn't be around him.

Says He's a bad influence, but I think she's just being F#@king paranoid. Besides I need to learn about politics and Grinthorn is Earth's president. So I don't see anything wrong with taking tips on politics from him. My first meeting with him was cut short because of an invasion.

During that short time, I got an insight into politics from him. He told some pretty convincing things, but maybe his words are just convincing because I know little about how politics work. I hope to run my home planet Qacriea as well as he does Earth. I should schedule another meeting with him.

It was kind of F#$@king creepy though how he knew so much about me the first time when we never even met before.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-05-2019 at 02:03 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Blizzar:

Edit: This was originally going to be sent to my superiors but if we're doing this...project, then...well, I don't think they'll mind too much.

Subject-BP0197: Case Notes

Height: 6'5

Race: Human (additional report to follow)

Designation: President of Earth's World Government

Armed with a Cigar (additional report to follow)

Earth has a problem. Most on the outside regard it as a mild curiosity. A fledgling world, barely able to find it's place I'm the stars and yet....the horrors that lurk in betwixt the stars certainly seem to find their place here. And perhaps at the center of it all, literally the center, politically...lies the Subject BP0197.

Humanoid in shape, and only barely so, within the subject lies a nightmarish visage only barely contained. He has wormed his way into control of the planet, taking its reigns as it's leader. Through his machinations, he has silenced opposition and vanished rivals for reasons as of yet unknown to myself and this planet's defenders. The only thing that could be gleaned from out last "conversation" was thay he's taken a liking to this planet. Ominous, of a little quaint.

But let's move onto my personal account shall we? Months ago, ai had a meeting with the Subject to discuss planetary security along with Queen Sarada and Jinzi Pantaloon. Pantaloom was particularly adverse to this meeting and the reason soon became apparent.

If you've never met, never truly met him than you simply do not understand. He exudes from himself an aura that sends chills down the spine of the most stalwart of souls. Souls...he can peer into yours, into your mind in his attempts to steer any situation in his favor. I've spoken with the most masterful of manipulators and they don't even begin to operate on his level. He simply doesn't play by the rules.

Deals with him were made. One between myself and he. And between he and Sarada. Suffice to say. we were quick to feel regret. Already, everything we've done has likely curried the situation on his favor. Thing's wpuld not have gone so smoothly otherwise. Again, he does not abide by the rules.

Twice more, have I interacted with this being, over a similar issue. Prisoner trade. Twice he has requested a prisoner be transferred to him, personally. It doesn't take supernatural precognition or a detective's hunch to realize that it would be criminally stupid to do so.

These latter two interactions, both occuring within a days of eachother, have brought something of a positive realization, however. He is not infallible. Standing my ground and using my own wit, I was able to keep the prisoners out of hia custody for the forseeable future. Something else apparel to have frightened him in our last encounter....he can be beaten, we just have yet to uncover how. But with enough outside pressure, even dragon eggs can crack.

However, I must reiterate for a third time...he does not play by the rules. These rules being ours. Galactic society. Earthen society. Mortal society. Even I will admit, though I do not largely understand them, beings of such power have their place among us, but not like this. Using their unimaginable power to steer civilization on a path they choose, solely for their own self-interest. Repugnant. Unacceptable.

I will not stand for it. We have enough issues dealing with mortals possessing a god-complex, to constantly dance around the whims of a bogeyman in a skins it with a jagged smile constantly raising the stakes. There is to be a summit of sorts, not long from now. Different dignitaries and perhaps even a few planetary leaders will take part. There, the die will be cast, perhaps. I know I will be attending, but not without a plan. Further details will follow in the coming days.

In addition, I would suggest the leaders of any galactic communities who engage in dealings with Earth not yet be informed of this. It is perhaps best for now that we go about business as usual. They won't have to worry for long. The matter will be made clear soon.

ENCODED MESSAGE: Commissioner Mourn. I thought it best to bring this to your attention. Jinzi Pantaloon is of the belief that the subject killed his parents. There is no true evidence to speak of, but given the suspect in question, I believe that it is most certainly the case.

A passage in the Book of Aoem

There's a being on this planet who goes by Grinthorn, but that's not his real name. His real name is on the tip of my tongue, but somehow I can't recall it. I think it starts with an A, Alazkaziam perhaps?

I also recall he isn't human, but I can't recall what he is. I'm drawing a blank. When I first met him. I wanted to earn his respect, but Meagan convinced me I don't need to bow to him.

That I should stand proud as a Guardian, and not lower myself. Since then I have been in Eva's Library. Eva has a lot of books on Earth's culture and history.

However, the books barely have any information on the one call Grinthorn. It's as if he's surround in a mystery. I new thing I learn about myself thanks to Andron and Reimi is that I'm telepathic. Perhaps Earth's ruler is also a telepath?

I'm not sure but maybe he might be using telepathy to peer into a person's mind. I know I can relay a person's memories into my own mind. However, I don't go around doing that as I consider it to be quite rude.

With that, I end this new passage for the book of Aoem.

Althena Orpheus.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-06-2019 at 10:36 PM.
    My Forum check it out

iRL calls, probably won't be able to post for like...a week or so.

Don't let that hold up the RP plot, though. There's a Doctor's appointment to be kept, after all.

I'm really liking the entries for the G-File so far! Everyone has a very unique perspective on the matter.

I'll get Ochazuke's introduction written up at some point...though I probably should have led with that lol. Essentially there is one rule, though that must be emphasized (though IC varies) : Do not say or think his name [Grinthorn]

But yeah...I'll have that intro out one day, and compile things into a single post.

Catch you all after a bit!

I guess a fax machine is the pinnacle of Galaxy Police technology.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!