Page 493 of 719 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497503543593 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,395 of 10777
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ahh yes, her. I was waiting for you to post. Roughly where did you want to peg her at? What seems fair?
    Cthyllas PL should be i

What, you heard me.

Ok, maybe for her voidling form.

But her body at present.....Well......At this point she should be a bit stronger then Erosa but not up to the big guns. How does 850k sound? Totally up for adjustment of course.

Another PM sent, Cleric
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The whole, "Asha'rah does the bare minimum and gets PL boosted higher than everyone else" has gotten pretty grating, tbh.
    Honestly, I'd really be fine being surpassed by a few others right now, including Ishtar. I haven't been as active lately as I'd like to be compared to some.

It's been a recurring thing, honestly.

Most notably during the last timeskip. She sat in front of the sun for a few months, while just about everyone else was busting their butts training, and she ended up with the highest PL, until the humans drank a PL boosting soup.
    However, this, this right here stops right now. I bent over backwards to accommodate your bad mood, trying to presume good faith and remaining as non-accusatory as I could for nearly two months. No more. I am officially out of patience with this. Every time you try to twist Asha'rah's situation to suit your denigratory needs, I will call you out. You have no presumption of good faith left with me.

We went through this on Discord. Meditation is a deep part of Asha'rah's training, and I specifically chose to have Asha'rah do it for 6 months straight in space without distractions to unlock more memories, which led to the release of Tiangou the Sun Eater. Asha'rah's path to strength in this game in large part deals with unlocking her robotic prison to unleash what she already has.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 02-13-2019 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Denigratory was a better word to use than derogatory.

Retired Overlord

Reason: Denigratory was a better word to use than derogatory.
    I kinda love this edit.

But still...

*Zaofan zips in between the two powerhouses of Ishtar and Asha'rah, knowing full well that each one could vaporize him in ways he'd never imagine in a thousand years*

Friends! Teammates! Zaofan and Erosa are making pies right now! Would that help the two of you any?

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I kinda love this edit.

But still...

*Zaofan zips in between the two powerhouses of Ishtar and Asha'rah, knowing full well that each one could vaporize him in ways he'd never imagine in a thousand years*

Friends! Teammates! Zaofan and Erosa are making pies right now! Would that help the two of you any?

Thankfully your inbox wasn't full this time, Falcon.

And my point there wasn't that the meditation was itself, problematic. It's that compared to other people, the boost she received for sitting still for six months and remembering things, while people spent the better part of a year training, fighting, and otherwise doing things was rather high.

To put it into perspective, it took a boost from Cleric (the soup) to put the humans who spent the year training in the same ballpark as Asha'rah.

Regardless, thanks for clearing your inbox.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

PM sent, Cleric.

Apologies in advance.

Arx Inosaan

Thankfully your inbox wasn't full this time, Falcon.

And my point there wasn't that the meditation was itself, problematic. It's that compared to other people, the boost she received for sitting still for six months and remembering things, while people spent the better part of a year training, fighting, and otherwise doing things was rather high.

To put it into perspective, it took a boost from Cleric (the soup) to put the humans who spent the year training in the same ballpark as Asha'rah.

Regardless, thanks for clearing your inbox.
    I can see your point, and while I'd disagree with the different valuation placed on meditation since Asha'rah gets stronger through non-zenkai style methods, I do admit worry about this exact sentiment forming with regards to Asha'rah's consistently top-5ish at worst power level. up to this point. I said nothing because my worry was outweighed by happiness and the idea that others could raise a problem if it was one for them (obviously failing to take into account the slow grind of accepting a few powerups on the chin).

From a game-health perspective, I'd have preferred Ochazuke, Sarada and Ishtar to be above Asha'rah more often than not. Ochazuke and Sarada have very combat-focused kits. Ishtar is explicitly only moderately skilled in combat, meaning she has to rely on her skill kit, brute strength and tanking with her face more often than most, and should have a higher power level to lean on.

Plus, by end-game it's gonna be pretty close to impossible for someone to still be ahead of Asha'rah unless they're the end-boss or Zeno.

Retired Overlord

Plus, by end-game it's gonna be pretty close to impossible for someone to still be ahead of Asha'rah unless they're the end-boss or Zeno.
    Heeey.....Errr......Just wanna clarify this statement for the record to make sure there's no typo lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Heeey.....Errr......Just wanna clarify this statement for the record to make sure there's no typo lol.
    Lol. I thought that might draw a fun reaction. In all seriousness I'm sure we'll all be within spitting distance of each other. That's how Cleric games work, and it helps us to focus on roles and role playing in a very flexible and open system.

It's just that Asha'rah is eventually going to get out of her robotic prison. And without it she's a God of Creation who fashioned a way to absorb the power of a God of Destruction and then actually did it, after which she led a multiverse-shaking rebellion and stormed Zeno's palace before getting owned. It's no secret that her end-game is going to be formidable. Sun Wukong got swatted down like nothing by Buddha, but he's still Sun Wukong.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 02-13-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Lol. I thought that might draw a fun reaction. I'm sure we'll all be within spitting distance of each other.

It's just that Asha'rah is eventually going to get out of her robotic prison. And without it she's a God of Creation who fashioned a way to absorb the power of a God of Destruction and then actually did it, after which she led a multiverse-shaking rebellion and stormed Zeno's palace before getting owned. It's no secret that her end-game is going to be formidable. Sun Wukong got swatted down like nothing by Buddha, but he's still Sun Wukong.
    I have plans.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Lol. I thought that might draw a fun reaction. In all seriousness I'm sure we'll all be within spitting distance of each other. That's how Cleric games work, and it helps us to focus on roles and role playing in a very flexible and open system.

Edging into Captain England territory, here.

Arx Inosaan

Edging into Captain England territory, here.
    I have simply stated in discussion what has been stated in lore ever since Asha'rah started getting her memories back. And I feel safe doing so because I know Cleric isn't going to let Asha'rah just monster over everybody (nor would I want that to happen, it'd take a lot of fun out of the game. I don't play these forum RPGs to solo the boss). But I've gone way beyond telegraphing what Asha'rah was like before her fall and have had her unlocking memories and power since the beginning of the game. So I don't see what the surprise would be that'd she'd have a similar end-game.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 02-13-2019 at 09:05 PM.

If ya say so, Chief.

Arx Inosaan