Page 82 of 719 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182582 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 10777

According to the Wiki it was "Time Immemorial", and the first hard number with a character we see is 75 million "Before Age" where Old Kaioshin was sealed in the Z sword by Beerus.

EDIT

Presuming Jagam and Anula were our campaigns analogue to Vegeta and Nappa arriving on Earth, that would put our group around Age 762?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Hmm........

Seems like I need to hammer out the timeline better. Part of it was my confusion over Asha’rah having had Arthur (Earth’s first Guardian) helping her during the rebellion. Since humanity can’t be millions of years old, I sort of figured it must have happened only about ten to twenty thousand years ago.

But then that may not work either due to that making the universe fairly young, and U18 is supposed to be very old.

Hmm, give me some hell here, folks. In the main time line of DBZ, when was Majin Buu created and the like?
    The first Majin is basically just personified chaos. He's existed since time immemorial. Over 100 million years ago -- before the current DBZ age -- is when the first Kai were presumed to exist, however.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Hmm........

Seems like I need to hammer out the timeline better. Part of it was my confusion over Asha’rah having had Arthur (Earth’s first Guardian) helping her during the rebellion. Since humanity can’t be millions of years old, I sort of figured it must have happened only about ten to twenty thousand years ago.

But then that may not work either due to that making the universe fairly young, and U18 is supposed to be very old.

Hmm, give me some hell here, folks. In the main time line of DBZ, when was Majin Buu created and the like?
    Realistically humans don't need to be millions of years old, though it stands to reason that Oni would predate the first dead, since their function is to serve as caretakers.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

why according to stuff I read online modern humanity only evolved over 100,000 years ago. this means us modern humans only have been on earth for between 350,000 years and 260,000 years . so modern humanity isn't millions of years old but they have been creatures on ever that have exist before us modern humans like the dinosaurs.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-19-2018 at 06:21 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    So all Oni except Ishtar are 15K years old?
    Nah, the first group of Oni would be about her age.

The 'millions' is just what her age was originally. Since she's seen most civilizations from beginning to end.

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Also, if Ishtar is millions of years old, she would know who created her then.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I have an idea. Let me work on it when I get back home.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Also, if Ishtar is millions of years old, she would know who created her then.
    Idea is just that she's part of the first 'batch' of Oni created. So just depends on what the timeline ends up being.

Her assumed age is something else entirely, and involves our resident Time Lord.

EDIT: Also yes. She's supposed to know a lot, but I'm honestly pretty fluid with her backstory. I've only revealed her last 5,000 years or so.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 09-19-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Arx Inosaan

I planning on making a creation timeline for Praxat home world Qacriea .
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

I guess this is partially my fault.

I should have figured out when the Oni were created when I made her.

Arx Inosaan

Also, we never went over exactly...how...they are created, did we? Can they give birth?

I suppose the first group were just created, but like Ereshkigal, thoughts on how they are made now? Born like humans from two Oni then?
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Bleh.....along this vein of thought, I really need to iron out how fate fits into the cosmology of everything that's happening here. Maybe get Parsic and Chrona some much needed screentime, somehow.

Also, we never went over exactly...how...they are created, did we? Can they give birth?

I suppose the first group were just created, but like Ereshkigal, thoughts on how they are made now? Born like humans from two Oni then?
    Oh, I did actually do an overview on them as a Species. Forget where I posted it here, but here's the relevant passage:

Functional Immortality/Children

A thing largely assumed to be the result of their nigh-perfect physiology coupled with their innate magical nature, and the consumption of the magical flora of the Gardens they generally reside in; barring mortal injury and/or illness, an Oni will exist for as long as the Timeless Expanse of Otherworld. To that end, Oni children are extremely rare, and a thing that garners much attention by all Oni. After all, while Oni are capable of procreation, and do engage in the act after careful consideration and choosing a willing partner; most of the Oni residing in Otherworld were created ... made. Now, possessed of the same anatomical and physiological traits and similarities a 'made' Oni, and an Oni naturally born are all but impossible to tell apart; the difference comes when the matter of their childhood is discussed. A 'made' Oni, was never afforded the luxury of childhood. Created as they were with a specific purpose in mind, there was simply no need, and so they are simply created at the end of the 'development phase'. Oni Children however, born from a pairing however- while as noted is extremely rare- are allowed to age to the end of the 'development phase' naturally. This 'phase' generally lasts twenty to thirty years and is similar to all species who rear children.

Arx Inosaan

So basically, there was the first 'Host' of Oni created, and then subsequent 'Hosts', as life continued to flourish and die on the other side. With the occasional Oni child being born (like Ereshkigal).

Arx Inosaan

Whelp based on that description ... basically, Oni are like the Celestials.

Arx Inosaan