Page 707 of 719 FirstFirst ... 207607657697703704705706707708709710711717 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,605 of 10777
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Forgot to post Parsley's transmutation tech she learned from Caliban earlier, so here it is.

The Midas Touch: The second spell taught to her by Caliban and the first she learned during her training with him in U16, The Midas Touch is a transmutation spell. It’s initiated by touch and requires at least three runes: one for each original object, a second for transmutation, and one for the final object. She can transmute organic and inorganic materials. For organic materials such as another person, she can only transmute one body part at a time (head, torso, and limbs), and needs to maintain physical contact with the part in question.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Apologies for the slow response, work has been rough recently. Will post most likely later today.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Zaofan: There is no call we do not answer, there is no faith we betray!

Finally got around to doing a writeup for Sarada's and Avoca's new

Nevanlinna's Gift, Mightier Than Magic: Sarada was gifted an enchanted armor by Nevanlinna after their battle with Cancer on Ruco. The armor's breastplate nullifies one spell, absorbing and converting the magical energy into ki that increases Sarada speed and strength for one attack. The degree of Sarada's power increase depends on the power of the spell the armor absorbed. After nullifying a spell, the armor cools down for a period of three posts, after which the nullification will be available.
    Nevanlinnna's Gift, Stable Gluttony: After retreating after the battle on Ruco, Avoca was gifted an armor created for her by Nevanlinna. Created with a mixture of magic and hozon, the armor adds stability to Unlimited Eat Works, making it safer for her to consume different energies. It also allows her to redirect that consumed energy via Ultimate Glutton more effectively. This is quantified by the number of posts she can consume energy via Unlimited Eat Works increasing from three to five; as for Ultimate Glutton, she can use the stolen energy to replenish either her or another person's energy reserves.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Jinzi, the area is secured. Now I have two options ahead of me. I can A, go to the lookout, or B, stay with you, Jinzi, and help build a portal to Amperior. Also, probably should check in with my mother, the Prime minister of my home world Qaceria," Praxat said.
    There's also option C, read and interact with other players and their characters.

Or option D, Praxat teleports herself back to the only corner of the plot she seems to care about.

Retired Overlord

Cleric, thoust woudith clear some PMs from thine box to make room for mine Message?

If thoust may.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Cleric, thoust woudith clear some PMs from thine box to make room for mine Message?

If thoust may.
    Space cleared.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Default Something I need to do while I'm bored

Guide to the Universe
    by Parsley

Opening

"The universe is wide and expansive. Astrologists posit that it truly has no limit because it's constantly expanding. Whether that's actually true is unknown. With the future unclear, the wider population of the cosmos needs to be introduce to the presence of Gods, Angels, Demons, and other such extraordinary beings that consider us beneath their notice. Knowing is half the battle, and only armed with the appropriate knowledge will any warrior be capable of surviving the coming battles. This handbook is supplementary information meant to add new details to the handbook proffered to you by Ochazuke and Zaofan during their visit to your world. It will be updated as new information is learned."

~Parsley
    1. Section 1: The Beginning and the War of Heaven
      • The beginning of creation is currently unknown, though we have learned enough from various divine allies to posit an educated guess. A being known as Zeno, referred to as the God of Gods, either created or commissioned the creation of the wider multiverse from a set of lesser Gods known as Creation Gods. The being known as Asha'rah, whom some of you may or may not have heard of at least in passing, is among these. The Creators were assigned a universe and tasked with creating life. Asha'rah is the Creator of our universe, which is the fifteenth universe in the multiverse, out of eighteen.

Auroc is estimated as being millions of years old, so it's logical to conclude that the universes are at least older than him. In this time, the Creators filled the void with countless thousands of races, each one with their own individual quirks that made them unique. At the same time, there are several qualities that we all share the capacity for that prove the existence of higher creators. Some of those qualities are positive and only contribute to the growth and maturity of a race as a whole. However, there are several that prove to be detrimental. Greed, lust for power, and arrogance are touted as the three main qualities that can be best described as "Might Makes Right". Saiyans are best known for mindset, but it came into existence long before the Saiyan race were ever taken from our original homeworld. It's unknown just how prevalent the mindset was, but it apparently was so much so that Asha'rah took notice. Her attempts to bring the matter to Zeno's attention were stymied by Sakin, an immensely powerful creature known as an Angel (see Section 2). With communication seemingly no longer an option, Asha'rah opted for the direct approach and waged war with Zeno himself. Thus began the War in Heaven.

Gods, Angels, and other powerful beings chose sides, either for Asha'rah or for Zeno. One such being who chose the latter was Indar'en, a prototype for the Saiyan race who was chose to be Universe 15's God of Destruction (see Section 2). With him standing in her way, her war stood no chance of success, however slim the chance would have been otherwise. Thus, she lured him to a planet of her creation and slayed him. After which, she stole his divine power, known as Hakai or Destruction (see Section 3). With his power and hers combined, she led the charge to Zeno's realm.

And lost.

Most of the rebels on her side were cast down and punished severely in varying ways. Those that weren't went into hiding. That includes Sakin, who is still missing as of writing this handbook. It wasn't found out until very recently that it was actually Sakin who was at the root cause of the War. He stymied communications between Asha'rah and Zeno, and manipulated her into believing waging war with the God of Gods was a good idea, rather than breath-takingly stupid. While he can hardly be blamed completely for her actions against Indar'en and thus the state of the chaotic universe as a whole, he bares enough blame to warrant death upon contact.

With Indar'en's demise, the universe fell into chaos, and Asha'rah's fears came to fruition. The strong dominated the weak and led reigns of terror that last as briefly as only a few years to several hundred.
    2. Section 2: Cosmic Beings: In this section, I will highlight recent information on the different cosmic races in as much detail as I can.
      • Creation Gods: As mentioned in the previous section, Creation Gods are the Creators of the Universes and thus the source of life in this and every universe. Their power is immense, though it's unknown what the exact scope of their type of energy (Creation; see Section 3) actually is. According to Auroc, these are the known Creation Gods, either active, retired, or fallen:
        • Caliban (U16, Retired) - Goblin. Was allowed to retire from his duties after remaining neutral during the War in Heaven. Caliban runs a bar called The Rookery, which is a front for an information-gathering operation. Caliban is highly adept at magic and is knowledgeable of a wide assortment of spells. Is powerful enough to bind She Who Stalks to U16 so she could never leave the universe again.
        • Prant (U14, deceased) - Prototype Oni/Demon. Was killed during the War in Heaven. Presumably can reincarnate, as her most recent life was married to Beast God until she was killed. Has perhaps reincarnated again or will soon.
      • Gods of Destruction: The Gods of Destruction are the opposite of the Creation Gods, in that they were tasked with destroying life. It's currently unknown what the criteria were to warrant destruction, but I would assume it varies from God to God. Given the sheer chaos has gripped U15, it can be reasonably assumed that their role in maintaining order and peace is a hefty one. The list of GoDs, according to Auroc, is as follows:
        • Inda'ren/Remnant (U15, deceased) - Prototype Saiyan. Slain by Asha'rah prior to the War. Spirit is currently trapped as a Remnant inside the Amulet of Bitter Mourning. Remnant was recently released from the amulet when the mechanical assassin known as The Judge killed Koorimaru, an Arcosian that had been bound to the vengeful creature. His whereabouts are currently unknown, but we learned through a vision that he will be associated with Sakin very soon.
        • Cancer (U18, Alive) - Vampire. Has an army of vampire Arcosians at her beck and call. UPDATE After Sakin's call recently, she attacked both Planet Sarada and Ruco in search of my children and Queen Sarada's daughter to take as hostages for Sakin. Her known abilities include: paralysis via bite, perfect shapeshifting (not only mimics the form, but also has access to victim's complete memories and energy signatures), Hakai, can cast a Crimson Moon that induces slumber, teleportation via portals. She is also vastly stronger than any known mortal. EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. DO NOT FACE ALONE.
      • Angels: Not much is known about Angels other than they are extremely powerful and allegedly unkillable. According to Caliban, they have a wide variety of abilities including: physically stronger than any mortal, have Perfected Ultra Instinct - which makes them nearly impossible to hit without having Ultra Instinct yourself - warping, control of space and time, ability to revive the dead, divination, healing, magic materialization, wield God Ki (see Section 4), as well as any other abilities they may have picked up on their own. All in all, it would be foolish to face an Angel alone and rely on past encounters to fuel any aspirations of victory.
      • Other: The following are other beings who can be counted as divine beings, but are not GoDs, CGs, or Angels. I am including mortals who have transcended into godhood in this section.
        • Inanna, God of Destruction Heir Apparent (U15, deceased) - Formerly known as Ishtar. Incredibly reckless and incredibly dangerous. Will undoubtedly return from death soon, at which point her mindframe will be unknown. Proceed with caution if confront.
        • The Gallows Lord, The Wolf God (U18, deceased) - Transcended Werewolf. Highly dangerous and formerly a member of the Ulthan. Was soul-destroyed in Otherworld by Lady Binder.
        • The Beast God (Alive) - Transcended reptile hybrid. Framed for destruction of a star system by the Cabal of Thorn and Stone after the murder of his wife. Formerly of the Ulthan, but is currently an ally. His wife was previously known as Prant, a Creation God who was slain in the War in Heaven, in her past life.
        • Last Daughter (Alive) - Transcended reptile hybrid. Beast God's daughter. Seeking a means to revive her mother after she was murdered. Presumably, this is what she was seeking True Magic for, as that was the reason for her joining the Ulthan. Formerly of the Ulthan, but currently an ally.
        • Zeno (???) - God of Gods. Title alone places him above everyone else in Creation. Created Alakazah, which tells of his power. Apparently only plays the fool, but this is unsubstantiated.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 11-26-2021 at 09:54 PM.

Inanna: Guide to the Universe? Excuse me you flat tiddy bitch.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna: Guide to the Universe? Excuse me you flat tiddy bitch.
    Parsley: Your job has been outsourced. Unemployment line is that way
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Continued

1. Section 3: Divine Energies: In this section, I'll highlight the four main godly energies that are used by the beings mentioned in the previous section.
      • Creation - Creation is the energy used by Creation Gods. The true scope of it's capabilities are still not really understood, at least by me. From observations of Guardians, who wield a very small amount of this power relative to Gods, it's abilities seem to include: creating matter out of nothing and can be used to empower a person's innate abilities. Of the four godly energies, this is the most confusing as far as I am concerned.
      • Hakai/Destruction - Hakai is the energy used by Gods of Destruction. True to it's name, it's main function is to completely erase anything in its path. Once hit with Hakai, a person completely ceases to exist. Their soul does not pass on to Otherworld. They simply vanish.
      • Hozon - Hozon is a mysterious power utilizes primarily by Threshling Princess Nevanlinna. It's main function is to preserve a person or object as it is at the time of usage.
      • Ruination - Hozon is the power of preservation; Ruination is the exact opposite. Utilized only by Ishtar, it rots, decays, and subsumes until there is nothing left. According to Caladash Banespell, it's also addictive and will subsume the user if used too much. Ishtar is suffering from this very condition currently.
    2. Section 4: Places of Interest: In this section, I'll be detailing a few places of interest.
      • The Rookery - As mentioned before, the Rookery is a bar owned and run by Caliban that serves as a front for his information-gathering operation. Auroc was a customer, as was I. The means are very intrusive, but the results are admittedly very valuable.
      • Otherworld - Otherworld is the afterlife, where all souls travel to when their mortal bodies die. There, they are judged by Sheki'hinah, who decides whether they go to Heaven, HFIL, or one of the countless personalized punishment Hells that are reserved for the worst of the worst. When I died, I was sent to HFIL, as I had managed to turn my life around just in time to stay out of Hell, but not soon enough to go to Heaven. Only the most powerful of souls will keep their bodies, myself included. For the vast majority of the dead, they are sent to a soul cleansing machine. There, their "bodies" are cleansed and destroyed, their memories are erased, and they become a new lifeform, a floating cloud that wanders aimlessly for the rest of eternity.

Escape from Otherworld is possible, but extremely rare. On such occasions, hunter Oni are dispatched to retrieve the escaped soul with expediency.
    3. Section 5: Alakazah
      • Alakazah - Eldfen, the original wish dragon. Created by Zeno himself, Alakazah is one of the most powerful creatures in existence. According to Caliban, there are only five mortals in the multiverse that can defeat him. Angels Whis and Vados would have to team against him. Even without further information on those two outside of what was highlight in the above section, that statement holds a fair bit of weight. He wields both Hakai and Creation and has melded them together to create a perfect magic known as True Magic. That is what he uses to grant wishes. He is currently bound to his dragonballs, meaning that he can do no harm to anyone. It also means that no harm can be done to him. He was also bound to the planet Earth, but a wish made by Ishtar loosened his bonds somewhat so he is able to travel freely. He served as Earth's president for some years and subtly oppressed the human race, slaying any and all who opposed him and trapping the people in a pit of complacency. He was defeated by the Palantines and bound to Earth 2,000 years ago.
    4. Section 6: The Great Call
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 11-26-2021 at 09:57 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It’s all good.

Just don’t eat up too much of Ochazuke’s time. I’ll need him soon.
    I suppose we could follow up on this now, or soon-ish.

Waiting on a handful of replies, so no rush. This could wait until the party members on Earth reconvene on the Lookout.

On the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball Memory

Holiday season's got a way of, ironically, bogging things down.

Other than correspondence to various storylines, life's left me a little creatively burnt out, so I may need to take a short hiatus until the 26th or so to deal and mentally recharge.

Apologies for the delay all, holidays and birthdays and the like have taken up my time.

I’ll reply fairly soon, I promise.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM