Page 540 of 719 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550590640 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 10777
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Now, I’ll look deeper into this recent issue and see what’s what. I don’t know if I’ll post again tonight or if I’ll wait until tomorrow morning. Either way I expect everyone to play nice between players, please.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Folks, try to play nice please. We’ve all played RPG’s on the site long enough to know not to bicker/pick at each other or provoke/get overly defensive/gang up on people.

If there is a problem with a character or a post, bring it to me. I think I’ve established I’m pretty good at compromising/listening and trying to solve the issue. Heck, sometimes it’s even my own post or character.
    Now, I’ll look deeper into this recent issue and see what’s what. I don’t know if I’ll post again tonight or if I’ll wait until tomorrow morning. Either way I expect everyone to play nice between players, please.
    I've said what I need to. Will be the last outta me.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I wasn't putting words in your mouth.
    You brought up Cyanna's ADHD and the socialized stigma that would mark her 'unintelligent' as a result, as if that was something I had implied.

I did not. I was questioning the consistency of her characterization. I suppose she has discovered a love of science and a look into magic that shall inform her worldview going forward.

Honestly, made no sense to me. I had no idea how to respond to it. Can you explain what he meant by reaching fro a thing you can not grasp? What thing?

All Cyanna suggested was that the Elder might have access to the kind of magic that can be useful to them. She wasn't grasping for anything.

I didn't have the time to figure out how to express my confusion in-game

And honestly, I am curious what was the thinking behind that comment? Where was Ochazuke going with it?
    You could have asked in-character or even here in Discussion for clarification. I understand it gets exciting when there are potential prizes to be won, though.

Anyway, the Magic of Alt-Namek is implied to be tied to the planet itself:

Namek, to those sensing it out, is at peace. There doesn’t seem to be any danger pinging on senses or awareness. In fact, it’s arguably the most....non-hostile place they’ve senses before.

To those who can sense magic, this Namek thrums with it more so than their version does. To those who can see and sense even deeper, the planet’s population seems to be at about 50,000,000 strong in smallish communities dotted all over the planet. There are about ten or twelve high power levels between 100,000 and 1,000,000. The rest are on average about 10,000 or so.

Pike touches down in the small village and calls out, and almost immediately two people run out and hug him. A male and, startlingly, female Namekian. The two laugh and converse with Pike in Namekian, tears of happiness in their eyes. More people come out to greet and cheer at Pike’s return.
    Ochazuke through Battle Meditation techniques is able to perceive both the ambient magic and the living consciousness of the planet it comes from, and reacted accordingly. As far as I can see, Cleric did not contradict this so far.

In fact, Cyanna seems to have picked up on some part of this as well, which is why she wanted to petition for its use as his promised boon in some fashion:

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cyanna, who had been listening, spoke up to Ochazuke, "You know, there's a lot magic in the air. May...be Elder Nail knows something we could use? Something to do with magic, If he doesn't mind."
    However, with the goal being to track down the Doctor, using magic that is rooted from source within a planet in an alternate dimension seems a bit odd. Therefore, what purpose is there in reaching for a source of magic none of them are able to access?

Of course, this sequence came before Cleric had Nail elaborate on the nature of his conjuring:

Nail nods.

“I am no eternal dragon, unable to reach beyond this place or make that which I do not know. However, if it would guarantee or further safety, I would offer one of three boons: Direct technique transfer of one of our sacred techniques to one of you. A power boost to two of you. Or an artifact that may aid you on your way. Knowledge, power, or wisdom? I can only perform the spell once to outsiders.”
    Therefore following up on this is rather moot, at this point.

Seems to just be a misunderstanding over a mild criticism which got overly heated. Whatever the case, we have a new status-quo it seems, so I'll just roll with it.

And now we pull up our chairs for Charco vs Erosa...

Aleka: All right so seems everything is fine and nothing major hap-

*Charco beating the crap out of baby-like Erosa*

I may have mentioned before to some, but I will make one or two final posts after everyone returns from Alt-Nameck to wrap up my characters roles in this RPG. After that, I'm either dropping or going on Hiatus, haven't decided which.

A game that was supposed to be fun and relaxing has become stressful and exhausting. The constant negative focus on my characters, the feeling like I can't post anything with being subject to criticism, where my every word is taken out of context, has left me very depressed. I may still lurk out of curiosity, but that's about it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Take care, Tami.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I PM’ed you back, Tami, but as always, you are welcome back at any time.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I PM’ed you back, Tami, but as always, you are welcome back at any time.
    Thank you. I'll check in and keep up on the story. We'll see if things change down the road.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Well I do hope you come back Tami. It was nice Rping with you Tami. It's not going to be the same without you. Well you take care Tami
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-19-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Take care, Tami. Hope to see you again soon.

Gotta get caught up...but later.

Life, as it is, gets in the way lol

Think I'll have Ochazuke go for this next mission as well, many things to test and investigate.

This is going to be the first time in a long time in the RP that Praxat will actually be shown using her Mechanical engineering since the event on Terra in Universe 18.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

I wager Zurvan showed Wilhelm something particular in the downtome between worlds.

In any case, looking forward to what comes of this, uh, pleasant little stroll...