Page 581 of 719 FirstFirst ... 81481531571577578579580581582583584585591631681 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,715 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Most of the cast would murder them for that alone, how much they're worth be damned.
    I agree 100%. Question is, are they doing it in a way that brings them to the attention of others?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I agree 100%. Question is, are they doing it in a way that brings them to the attention of others?
    That's why I choose for them to kidnapped children from Vumpu. Since it won't draw attention of others.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ehh.....

Perhaps a different planet would be advisable. Earth’s fairly well monitored now, and it seems unlikely Eva won’t see it coming and won’t slap them out of the sky.
    Remember the time Evangeline saw a meteor brush mildly close to Earth and decided it could be a potential threat?

For the first time, Kami smiles widely and then smirks at Held. She does not look a guardian, but more a young women, eager to prove a point.

“Dying. Not dead yet.”

She moves toward the edge of the Lookout and looks up. Spotting something trailing high in the star field, she looks back at them.

“An asteroid that will break up in atmosphere. It’s a bit beyond the moon right now. Hmm, it’s been awhile.....”

Power begins to rise around Kami as she begins powering up. A white power aura snaps on around her as the Lookout begins to shake a bit. She begins powering up, yelling, and any with ki senses or a scouter register a powerful aura beyond their own by a fair margin. Held can see the rivers of her inner ki suddenly flood a bit more as energy begins building in her.

She cups her hands ather side, angling her body so she looks up.

“An impromptu lesson. This attack was taught to me by a dear friend. It was his signature move, and now I alone remember how to do it.”

Energy begins looking into her hands.

“Ka...........me...........”

More and more power pools.

“Ha.........me..........”

Kami grins, her teeth showing white as the light from her ki and the crescent moon above outline her face. With a final gesture, she throws her cupped hands upward and out, screaming as a gigantic beam of energy tears from her hands and streaks off into the sky impossibly quickly.

“HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!”

The faint asteroid tracking in the sky is obliterated as Kami’s beam strikes it a few seconds later. A few more moments and the ki beams fades off as Kami stops. Not even breathing hard she looks at Held.

“I’ll last, I think.”

Sorry I'm not contributing much. Just very tired and I don't want to post unless I have a good idea of what I want to say.

Take all the time you need. I'm quite familiar with how much of a muse-killer fatigue can be.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I swear if Vocado was destroyed........

.....argh!!!! My plans must then be.....altered if true.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Plans ? Pfft. That'll never work.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

You talk to Sub about taking Azura ? From what I understand that's sort of 'his' NPC, at the moment.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

You talk to Sub about taking Azura ? From what I understand that's sort of 'his' NPC, at the moment.
    Azura's Cleric's NPC, as far as I know. I did name her.

Parsley said she’d show her around but I figured a bit of family bonding is ok first.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Azura's Cleric's NPC, as far as I know. I did name her.
    And Parsley is/was the one who helped her 'grow' and is otherwise watching over her.

Parsley said she’d show her around but I figured a bit of family bonding is ok first.
    Still feel it's worth checking, but hey. Too late now one supposes.

Arx Inosaan

That's fine, I didn't intend to overstep things. Just figured it made sense for Azura and Meagan to spend some time together.

Also, Meagan didn't hear about the relationship between Azura and Parsley. Someone should mention it to her. Otherwise it might seem strange for Azura to go off with Parsley.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-30-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Default First Race Dossier for 'The Council'

Nevanlinna, Parsley, Ochazuke, Blizzar, Sarada, and Etrina ... One supposes it would be fair to explain specifically why it was I created this ... council.

Though the reason is rather simple: to share information otherwise deemed to dangerous to be shared openly; and to discuss plans for the future -- of which there are many -- and how we might go about them without being 'outed'. Though one supposes to be even more simplistic ... I do not trust anyone outside the members of this 'Council' with certain things.

That said, let us begin.

What you see before you now, is the only known -- at least by myself -- image of the First Race.

Standing at approximately seven feet tall on average, they are a polymorphous species that are born in a state of flux; only determining their gender when fully mature and molding their body to reflect the choice. Which is ... all that is known about their anatomy. This being a thing I barely managed, after piecing together scraps from the medical information that was salvaged. And where they hail from ? I do not know, the record is incomplete ... or was destroyed. Yet it is from beyond this Universe, and its infinite timelines.

They are certainly however, refugees, who came to Asha'rah for leave to make a home for themselves within this Universe. A leave that was granted ... and a thing I suspect Asha'rah will ever regret. For they were not idle in their time here, nor were they content to simply 'live'. With an intelligence unparalleled, and a hatred of all deemed lesser -- for they believed themselves to be 'original' creation and so few in this Universe if any, were considered equals -- they created engines of war hitherto unknown by this Universe ... and took to the stars with the intent of subjugating all they deemed lesser. And such was the scope and success of their campaign, that even now there exists ancient species who tell stories of a 'mysterious foe' who razed their worlds and made refugees, at best, of their ancestors; without wholly knowing why.

As for their technology ? Their weapons of war and multi-dimensional alloys ?

Unparalleled in craftsmanship. To the point where, over the course of millions of years for all the attempts to replicate ... the best that has been managed is an assimilation of tech; folding the technology other ... lesser technology, to improve its function. To recreate the First Race technology from nothing, however, is something that as of yet, is a proven impossibility.

And for the most part that is all I -- and now you -- know.

Save for two things.

There is a ... connection with the Threshling. And understanding at least to some small degree who they were now, I can see that there is some resemblance. The believed superiority. The xenophobia. The anatomical malleability. Perhaps they are descendants, some millions of years removed ... perhaps a 'creation'. Though without knowing the truth all can do is wonder ... which leads me to the second thing.

I would have you all know that I will be leaving soon, and will not return for quite some time and a part of my reason is to do with the First Race ... for the cube pointed towards two places of interest I would be a fool not to investigate:

A binary star system, on the fringe of the Star Nursery ... and a light-years wide cosmic storm; with something nestled at its center ...

I will keep you all informed of what I find, but until then, that is all I have to offer.

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

So, Cleric, would Parsley be able to use grave magic?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    So, Cleric, would Parsley be able to use grave magic?
    Only if she had magic aptitude before hand or has latent magical genes.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM