Page 569 of 719 FirstFirst ... 69469519559565566567568569570571572573579619669 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    For the bad guys, maybe.

The dude turned a spirit bomb into a barrage of super katchin bullets in what, in my opinion, is in the top five most badass things done so far in game.
    D'aww

...so, what do these Bracers and Circlet do? :3

Now, I understand that the overall tempo of the current scenario is to...well, leave lol

But gotta stay in character.

REEEEEEEX-!!!!!!

Astonishing Member

OOC: Oh you magnificent bastards, looting the entire god damn rock while I was away.

ARE DIBS NOT SACRED TO YOU LOT?!

Truly, the Tragedy of Darth Held the Avaracious.

He could rob people before they knew what happened, but could not stop himself from being undibbed before he knew what happened.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Just to be clear, what is the outcome you are seeking with the Duel Tech? Bring the roof down on the golems?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

Just to be clear, what is the outcome you are seeking with the Duel Tech? Bring the roof down on the golems?

Ah.

The Yondu.

Well played.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

might be a push too far on the currently untested golems...but eh I felt it, lol.

...gonna take a moment to make some supper, guess we'll see if the effects get sold.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    might be a push too far on the currently untested golems...but eh I felt it, lol.

...gonna take a moment to make some supper, guess we'll see if the effects get sold.
    Oh, it worked just fine. I rather like the style of it.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Checks Charco's profile
    Rex is about as strong as a Super Saiyan

Whoops.

The Finale Hope!! of Her Timeline
    The Last Human, Ogatan Hibachi

CODE NAME: Shōchū[Hai]
    RACE/SPECIES: Neo Machine Mutant (Formerly Human)
    AFFILIATION: The Last Call, Earth, Ogatan Clan, Kyōryū Ryū
    HEIGHT: 5'5"/165.1 cm
    POWER LEVEL: 1,000,000

STYLE:
    The Survivor's Way ("Seizanshadō")
    With the destruction of Earth, countless generations of martial arts were lost to the sands of time. Forced to survive with what little she knew of her family's Kyōryū Ryū, much of what comprises her style comes from bits and pieces taken from encounters in her life and from the databases provided by the Last Call, with the organization's Battle Theory style rounding out her training into a patchwork, but complete style. Due in part to the Chrononaut 1.480 BAC being incorporated into her body, Shōchū's attacks exploit the time-traveling device by briefly activating it, causing her movements to have a disorienting effect that make countering them difficult.

INVENTORY:
    Tentsukuroibō ("Heavenly Repaired Pole")
    The broken remains of the Nyoibō, repaired with Katchin and other various metals, including the unknown material that comprised Quila's dagger, Angel's Share. Having lost its size-changing abilities, it is now considered a standard, albeit extremely durable staff. Hidden away in the staff is the repurposed Angel's Share, now known as the Therizino Blade, which can be extended and retracted to make the staff a naginata and due to the Hera-based metal of the blade, can easily channel Shōchū's energy throughout the weapon.

Charco's Communicator
    A memento from her cousin. Holds no real value but it has become sentimental.

Chrononaut 1.480 BAC
    Developed by Doctor Sazerac Absinthe, this device enabled Shōchū to travel back into the past. Having expended most of its reserves in this act, she can only briefly activate it in contact with minimal effect. Currently, it is housed deep in her body, grafted to her spine.

SPECIAL:
    Augmented Properties
    No longer human, she possesses many of the benefits that other machine-based lifeforms enjoy, such as an undetectable energy signal, an infinite energy generator, and the ability of flight with or without expending energy.

Beer Goggles
    Due to her nature as a machine mutant, Shōchū possesses the processing power of a computer. Able to scan various forms of energy and signatures, perform quick calculations and collect intel from her surroundings and from remote computer systems, much of this information is relayed back to her at the borders of her peripheral vision.

Shōchū[Hai] (Neo Machine Mutant Transformation)
    Tapping into the full capabilities of her Neo Machine Mutant nature, Shōchū can transform into an altered state in which her artificial side takes control, releasing her limiters; however, she can only use this transformation for a limited time (Maximum of 5 Posts) before the mental and physical strain to her organic mind renders her unconscious.

Kikou-Naginatajutsu
    The style used when wielding the Tentsukuroibō. Based on the traditional Naginatajutsu, this particular style takes into account the usage of chi and ki to enhance one's attacks.

HISTORY:
    Maternal cousin of Ogatan Charco, this version of Hibachi hails from an alternate timeline where Rex had overtaken Charco in an event shortly before the M Fighters were brought together by Evangeline. With his advanced power over the others, Rex quickly hunted most of the fighters down and consumed them, adding their own powers to his ever-growing strength. From there, he began a worldwide hunt, rampaging across the Earth and devouring anyone or anything he came across. All except one.

Hibachi.

Honoring Charco's last wish before fully assimilating for a time, Rex mentally tormented the girl by forcing her to watch as he destroyed everything she ever knew. Reaching a breaking point, the girl eventually snapped and tried to fight back, only to realize in her horror that she was not exempt from the Ogatan blood that ran in her veins. For some time after that, Rex forced her to participate in his hunts, killing innocent people without a choice. Her story might have ended there, forever a slave to Rex, had it not been for a surprise attack by the last remaining warriors of Earth, Zaofan and Sasheem. While this attack did little to stop Rex, it was enough to break his hold on Hibachi and she joined them in their retreat. For weeks they and what remained of the resistance survived as best they could, avoiding the detection of Rex or those he had taken control of, yet it became apparent that they could not do this for long, especially with an untrained Hibachi giving Rex the advantage in locating them. The decision was made to flee the Earth and seek out help from the other planets, but it would not come without a cost. Sasheem, for reasons unknown to all but himself, stayed behind to distract the beast and the results from the battle between he and Rex concluded with the Earth's destruction.

With Earth gone, Zaofan and Hibachi traveled through space, drifting from planet to planet, space station to space colony, during this time did she begin training, polishing what little she knew of the Kyōryū Ryū her grandmother taught her, plus some advice and training by Zaofan and others they encountered, including a lizardman by the name of Carne Cruda. Slowly, but surely, Hibachi had begun to put the past behind her, a mistake she would later regret, heralded by the arrival of the Last Call to the space colony they had been currently residing in. Forced into a tactical retreat by an unknown force after the destruction of a nearby planet, the Last Call sought to recoup their losses before making their next move. Unfortunately, they had been followed by this unknown force and although their appearance had changed, Hibachi realized that these beings were the warped bodies of those under Rex's control. Soon enough, their master arrived and like a repeat of Earth, the space colony was destroyed along with Zaofan, who sacrificed himself to save as many as he could.

When Hibachi next woke, she found herself in a medic bay, her body not longer fully human. The destruction of the space colony had nearly killed her, but she had been rescued by the Last Call and with no other choice, she had been converted into a machine mutant. Her DNA altered by the procedure, she was freed of Rex's influence, yet that knowledge was little comfort to the fact that she was the last of her kind. Accompanied by the other machine mutants and Carne Cruda who had barely survived as well, she and the Last Call were forced into hiding as their leader, Doctor Sazerac Absinthe, had holed himself into his labs. Taking this time to adjust to her new cybernetic additions, she would round out her personal fighting style, the Seizanshadō.

Years past, but eventually the doctor emerged, having completed his research and it was there he revealed his plans to everyone. Having implanted a time-traveling device in Hibachi during her conversion surgery, the doctor had spent the proceeding time researching and narrowing down the timelines in which they could best seek out help against the Beast. Having found it, all that was left was one final mission: find the remains of Earth in which Hibachi, now known as Shōchū, could use the device to travel through time and alternate dimensions. From there, she would need to gather what resources she could and find a means to slay the Beast.

THEMES:
    Kobra and the Lotus "Triggerpulse"
    Jeff Williams "One Thing"
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 09-26-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Default Shōchū Profile: Part Two

TECHNIQUES:
    Happy Hour: Pub Crawl
    Taking in the knowledge of Koorimaru's Phantom Phase technique, Shōchū activates the Chrononaut during a Carnotaurus Charge, briefly making her incorporal during movement.

Happy Hour: Drunken Fist
    Focusing the entirety of her strength and focus on a single strike in the traditional Ankylo Smash technique, the Chrononaut distorts time and space, resulting in two simultaneous strikes at once.

Ptera Slash: White Lightning
    Originally taught this by Quila of the Last Call, Shōchū creates an electric-like blast through the swing of her weapon. Despite the threatening nature of this lightning-like attack, this is merely the visual manifestation of the projectile, whose speed has transcended sight and sound, hitting the enemy long before it appears to. Due in part to her Kyōryū Ryū training, she has learned to weaponized the sonic boom of this technique, shaping it into a vacuum blade that cuts moments after the initial strike hits and before the visual lightning reaches.

Yutyrannus Chaser
    Inspired by Queen Parsley's Acupuncture, Shōchū produces a multitude of razor-sharp feather-like energy constructs from her aura. While these can use defensively, she can also direct them at her foe in a similar fashion to throwing knives to harm them physically or aim for their ki points.

Mosa Shot
    From the memories of witnessing the Just Saiyan's Ito threads, the Mosa Shot is a solid beam-like construct that, when fired, seeks to bite down on an opponent upon impact. From there, Shōchū can choose to bind, draw in, or simply release the energy from her end, from which it takes in a fuse-like aspect as once the energy "burns" down to the portion attached to the enemy, it explodes.

Buzz Kill: Brontomerus Kick
    Considered a "finishing" move, in which Shōchū redirects all of her chi into one of her legs, sheathing it ki before delivering a devastating kick to her foe. Due to her machine mutant nature, her infinite energy generator allows her to pour as much energy as she wants into it, resulting in the destructive power of this attack to be determined by how long (number of posts) she charges it for. This technique was derived from the final act of Zaofan, whose Pressure Kicker gave the much younger Hibachi enough time to flee from certain death.

Buzz Kill: Therizino Blade ~ Devil's Cut
    The second of Shōchū's "finisher" like techniques. Similar to the Brontomerus Kick in that it grows stronger the longer (number of posts) she charges, this technique instead channels it through the Therizino Blade of her Tentsukuroibō.

Happy Hour: ⌈CLOCK UP⌋
    Having integrated the Chrononaut 1.480 BAC time-traveling device into her being, Shōchū growth during her three years in this timeline has given her the time and experience to experiment with it. As a result, she has learned to use it in more subtle ways, such as the acceleration of her physical and mental state, allowing her to react and move in ways that should be impossible (for 1 post). Of course, such acceleration beyond one's physical means comes with a price, heavily taxing her organic components with further and further use causing heavy damage (total exhaustion after 2 uses per battle, with further uses damaging her).
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 01-01-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Friday the 13th. What a terrible day for a...

CHARACTER POPULARITY POLL

The rules here are simple:

1) Pick 5 active Player Characters based on your impressions of the last story arc
    2) But not your own because that's lame
    3) Remember, this is just for fun

I'll let this run for a week or so before tabulating our Top 5!
    Last edited by grampagen; 09-13-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Alrighty, I would like to get some help for something I think would be fun, and would help me with some NPC’s I’ve lost names and info on.

Please post as best you recall:

-Kill count for your characters since joining the game (names if possible). This includes foes defeated but not killed (Anula, Shimmer, etc.......).

-Known personal antagonists

-Items/gifts given/claimed by them

-Unresolved plot points so far

-Known allies/NPC’s important to the player character

-Races created by the Player

-Entities met by the Player Characters (example being Tiamat, Mara, etc.....)

Thank you for the assistance, all.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Alrighty, I would like to get some help for something I think would be fun, and would help me with some NPC’s I’ve lost names and info on.
    Well this seems reasonable !

Hey wait a minute ...

-Items/gifts given/claimed by them
    I'm totally not giving you a list of all the artifacts/items Ishtar's squirrel'd away. Them's my trump cards.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well this seems reasonable !

Hey wait a minute ...

I'm totally not giving you a list of all the artifacts/items Ishtar's squirrel'd away. Them's my trump cards.
    And that’s partially why I’d like a list.

I know a couple of you are sitting on some nasty surprises IIRC.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM