Page 602 of 719 FirstFirst ... 102502552592598599600601602603604605606612652702 ... LastLast
Results 9,016 to 9,030 of 10777
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It's also come to Cthulhu's attention that several people require more time working through timeskip stuff before they can actually participate in the plot.

Request permission to focus on that (since some of it is dependent on you, Cleric) before we get too bogged down in main plot.

Of course ... everyone who isn't already on Vocado is the better part of a week away. So perhaps it's moot.
    Sure.

Most of my stuff is waiting on people to reply unless I’ve missed something.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Sure.

Most of my stuff is waiting on people to reply unless I’ve missed something.
    Depends, I just know Sasheem, Zaofan, and Ochazuke are waiting on that storyline to conclude. I also think those same people are working through Sandman's storyline.

Of course, it's still five days from Earth to Vocado, and even if they can get there in an hour ... I'm guessing it won't really matter because the fight will be over. Which I'm sure is your plan.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Depends, I just know Sasheem, Zaofan, and Ochazuke are waiting on that storyline to conclude. I also think those same people are working through Sandman's storyline.

Of course, it's still five days from Earth to Vocado, and even if they can get there in an hour ... I'm guessing it won't really matter because the fight will be over. Which I'm sure is your plan.
    Waiting on one of them to make the next move. Ochazuke went after Kenshiko and the other two are on the island with Balon. Was waiting on them to further activate the seals.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Default Summary: Dead Depths, Part 1

Since it's doubtful I'll ever get the motivation to continue it after two time skips, I've decided to give a summary of Charco's first timeslip adventure, Dead Depths since it has a bit of relevance to the current(ish) time skip shenanigans.
    -------

Receiving a strange notebook revealed to be the latest research note of Jorg Fourmen detailing a strange region known as the Hexlands, Charco, further incentivized after injuring an old classmate in Brick City in a one-sided beatdown, heads out in search of a town called Gris-gris Bayou. Jorg describes the Hexlands as an area, forever hot and humid, that drains the life from all who dwelled within it, and it doesn't take long before Charco confirms this to be true, as his energy reserves are slowly whittled away. Like the kudzu that drowns the lands on each side of the highway he travels, the Hexlands feel oppressive and overwhelming.

Reaching a town named Jinxburg in search of fuel and nourishment, he meets a gas-station attendant named Bindi who, while exceptionally friendly, seems suspiciously eager to find reasons to keep him in town longer than he intended and soon enough, the reason for that arrives in a pick-up full of men and several bikers, all of which bear the markings of a gang called the Swamp Scales. While their reason for wanting Charco is unknown, he doesn't intend to find out and he fights them off. Despite being much weaker than usual and his assailants empowered by strange runic markings, he manages to mortally wounding several of them and leaving only the rather sheepish driver of the pick-up unscathed to drive the rest off. Confronting Bindi over her actions and demanding an explanation, she explains that the Swamp Scales work for a strange cult called the Conflagration of Flagellation, a group that preaches of the great atonement for all of humankind for the "betrayal of their masters and guardians". This cult has tasked the Swamp Scales to kidnap any travelers in the area, as well as any locals who refuse to cooperate, with Bindi's younger brother, Irwin being the most recent.

Seeking out further answers, Charco heads to the nearby town, Wiccatown, where the Swamp Scales' main meet-up is located. While reluctant to get involved any further in this mess, Bindi accompanies him there in hopes that she'll also find answers pertaining to her brother. Arriving in town, it becomes apparent that their destination is a bar called the Death Roll, as it is one of the few establishments to have not been abandoned. In typical Charco fashion, he entered the bar, guns-blazing, although he quickly realizes that his usual tactics are putting him at a disadvantage as his power has weaken considerably by this point. Like a pistol with single round left, he judges that he probably has enough ki for one Tyranno Blast before he's spent and thus, decides to save it as a last resort. Battered, bruised, and cut up from countless bits of broken glass, he leaves the bar empty-handed, as the same runic magic that had empowered the bikers also served the purpose of keeping their secrets, as each would perish when interrogated. Fortunately, there is one Swamp Scale unaffected by the magic, in fact, he lacked any of the runic markings that his fellows did; it was the driver of the pick-up Charco had spared. The driver, Dundee, confesses that he "really wasn't one of them" in that he had been recently Shanghaied into gang due to his usefulness of being a mechanic in an area devoid of much of any people, none the less one could fix motorcycles.

While Charco originally planned to threaten Dundee with taking them to the cult's hideout, Dundee is all but pleased to help out and with Charco's motorcycle out of fuel and Bindi's car wrecked from the bar fight, the three of them pile into the mechanic's truck and head out. Their destination this time is a town called Gris-gris Bayou, a place only spoke of in rumors. Folktales call it a dark, evil place, where even the devil comes to pray. By the time they reach the outskirts of town, the effects of the Hexlands' curse can be clearly seen as even the kudzu has withered away, leaving only lifeless dirt, dead trees, and polluted swamps. The town itself is bustling with life despite this, as people happily go about their daily lives, stepping over the bodies of the dead that litter the streets without a care in the world. Much to the trio's horror, the residents have been expecting them for some time, especially Charco as they fall over themselves to greet him cheerfully. Their leader, Brother Rougarou, has been waiting for some time to meet him, the townspeople say and with few options, the three allow themselves to be guided toward the town's church which overlooks a massive lake.

Brother Rougarou embraces Charco like a family member upon meeting, claiming the boy is the second coming of their god and that all of their work has been for him. Horrified by this, Charco demands answers and Rougarou is all but happy to answer. Long ago, Rougarou tells, there was a divine being who watched over humanity and yet humanity spurned their god, even attempting to kill he and his angels and while the latter could be slain, their god would surely rise again. And so, a group of the gods' favored angels took refuge in what would eventually be Gris-gris Bayou and began preparations for the second coming of god, sacrificing even their divine forms in order to achieve their goal. They preached to the humans who would hear them and tell them of their sins, and the humans who would listen atoned for it for generations upon generations, century after century. The people mutilated themselves in apology and eventually sacrificed the nonbelievers to the angels, who took strength from them. All of this had been prepared for Charco...

...no, Charco but merely a vessel for their god, Rex...

Hearing that name stirred something deep within Charco and in the confusion, he failed to notice that Bindi and Dundee were subdued and were being prepped as sacrifices, along with a tied and bound elderly man. Gleefully, Rougarou mentions that they had sacrificed Bindi's brother not too long ago, snapping him out of his thoughts and prompting him to attack the cult leader. Empowered by the dark runic magic of the "angels", the madman proves to be a powerful foe to the weakened Charco, as even the guns he had taken from the Swamp Scales eventually proves to be ineffective, forcing him to put all of his available ki into a final Tyranno Blast. With Brother Rougarou's death, the bayou quakes and trembles and the townspeople rejoice in the knowledge that their "angels" are emerging.

Default Summary: Dead Depths, Part 2

From the depths of a bayou filled with death and decay emerges the Gris-gris, humanoid figures resembling alligators. Consuming the townspeople who ecstatically give themselves over, the gatormen eventually turn their attention to the last few people left in the church. Much like Rougarou, they refer to Charco as Rex but are much more willing to break open the vessel to "release" him. Forced to flee for their lives, Charco is critically injured as one of the Gris-gris bites off his left foot, but manages to find shelter in a tin shack deep in the woods. As he recovers, Charco realizes he is not the only one there, as the elderly man whom he had saved and released in the church with the other two, is there. This man reveals that he is Jorg Fourmen and that the notebook Charco had been sent had been a trap set by Rougarou. Jorg explains further that these "angels" had once been dinosaurs, who, with the death of Rex and faced with a humanity no longer willing to be subservient, fled and hid to these lands, armed with a forbidden knowledge of dark magic that warped them to their current appearance.

Going over their limits options, with Charco's communicator damaged, he realizes he still has the commlink given to him and the other M-Fighters, much to Jorg's extreme annoyance that the boy had forgotten something so useful. Sending out a message, they don't receive an answer, but can only hope that someone would manage to hear the call as they quickly find the shack surrounded by the Gris-gris. Preparing themselves for the worst, they are surprised to hear a scuffle going on outside moments before the shack's door is broken down by Carne Cruda. Only vaguely acquainted with each other from the tournament, Carne is very happy to see Charco and explains that as a shaman, he traveled the earth, listening to the cries of the planet and doing his best to heal the land. His attempted participation in the tournament had been because he had heard whispers of slain dragons, and now he had traveled to the Hexlands because of nightmares of bloody water filled with death. Knowing it wouldn't be long until the next wave of Gris-gris find them, the three make an attempt to head back to town in hopes of finding somewhere more suitable to regroup and properly recover. Unfortunately, they are ambushed by the gatormen and in the chaos, Charco is seized and dragged beneath the swamp waters, his commlink lost in the murky depths. It was then and there, faced with certain death of drowning or being torn apart by the Gris-gris, that Rex speaks to Charco, offering him help. Thinking of his friends, family, and Cyanna, he accepts Rex's influence.

In town, Carne and Jorg stumble upon Dundee and Bindi, who have survived on the virtue of hiding in the town's skeleton-filled, but otherwise empty, well. When questioned about Charco, the two simply state that there is nothing they can do for the boy right now.

Although empowered by Rex, Charco's body still bears several major injuries, so the ancient spirit explains the nature of his regeneration by forcing Charco to kill and eat several of the Gris-gris to heal himself and replenish his energy over the course of several days. It is only when Rex feels they are in a suitable shape to fight does he allow one of the Gris-gris they attack to retreat and tell the others, knowing they will more manageable to deal with when all of them come to meet their "god". Sure enough, they are greeted by a small army of the gatormen, who praise Rex and his return and tell him of their preparations for his return. They conclude with revealing their plans to have him spread the dark magic that they've used to poison the Hexlands across the planning, desecrating the Earth and putting an end to humanity, once and for all. In response, Rex denounces them as weak, pathetic creatures undeserving of his attention or their existence. Not only did they go against the natural world by warping the lands and themselves, but they succumbed to the temptation of human magic when they were supposed to be the stronger species. Enraged by their god's rejection, the Gris-gris attack them, but thanks to regaining their energy, they are slain easily enough.

However, before all could be said and done, the corpses of the Gris-gris reanimate and combine together, creating a giant golem of the dead, powered by the will of the vengeful Gris-gris. Deciding to kill them through irony, Rex draws in the fukushuu of the Hexlands, channeling it into a Yucatan Crash. Much to his surprise, the golem is faster than he anticipates and he would have been interrupted, if not for the intervention of Totoma, the only M-Fighter who had managed to have a reception to Charco's message. With his Yucatan Crash fully charged and Totoma's attack readied, the two of them put down the Gris-gris golem for good.

The battle finished, Totoma bids his farewell for now and leaves to return to Karine, leaving Charco to stumble back into town where he meets the others. Carne tells them that he will remain here for now to purify the land, which will take some time, and Jorg offers to take Bindi and Dundee in for the time being until they figure out where to go from there. Charco, exhausted, decides to return to the Dino Temple and rest, the mental effects of Rex's influence and the experiences in Gris-gris Bayou leaving him unable to sleep for some time.

Astonishing Member

Nice Summaries Yun, I'll have to steal the idea, since I'll probably just barely be able to finish the Frogspierre fight if I keep my eye on the ball lol.

Nevermind Helds other ****.

Awesome summary, Yun. That was cool.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

So how do we want to do this? Shall I wait a bit longer for people to get the Time Skip stuff done or continue the next chapter?
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Well, it's not as if the earthbound Fighters are getting to Vocado anytime soon, I suppose.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I'd like to continue, but it's up to the others. It being an isolated scene might make it easier to do both.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Here's a visual of Obuni using the technique I used for the basis for Bidrae.

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

*pokes Cleric*
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Which image is better for Dash 2.0? The one i used in the RPG thread? Or this one?

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Which image is better for Dash 2.0? The one i used in the RPG thread? Or this one?

I like the first one.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    *pokes Cleric*

Consider it a go, hoss. Sorry, forgot to PM back.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM