Page 218 of 719 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318718 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 10777
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    But Held gets drunk and pass out in a bar halfway through.
    Hey, I resent that remark, and not because it's technically true.

...But that's mostly why.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Hey, I resent that remark, and not because it's technically true.

...But that's mostly why.
    The Unicorn Needs Another Round
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    It made for good comedy, lol.

And actually...I was actually trying to figure out how Sasheem would come to tag along on the Zao and Ocha Adventures™ but..him trying to follow Zaofan to get some payback is a decent enough motivation.
    Just having him sneak in wouldn't be out of character. Like some sort of Snake.

Although Ochazuke does have some vested interest in keeping Sasheem around. Sort of like the first paleontologist who discovered the coelecanth.

Could the Majin drive a wedge between martial brothers?!

Astonishing Member

....I dunno man, you sure a cliff notes version would be enough to cover Held's expenses?
    ...God damnit. I guess Held might as well go all out.

TIME TO PREPARE FOR THE FULL MAJESTY OF SPACE VEGAS

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Just having him sneak in wouldn't be out of character. Like some sort of Snake.

Although Ochazuke does have some vested interest in keeping Sasheem around. Sort of like the first paleontologist who discovered the coelecanth.

Could the Majin drive a wedge between martial brothers?!
    This is true.

Sasheem would enjoy it if he could turn them against eachother without ever doing much of anything.

...God damnit. I guess Held might as well go all out.

TIME TO PREPARE FOR THE FULL MAJESTY OF SPACE VEGAS
    Now that's what I (And Blizzar's bank accounts) like to hear.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Hah. Jokes on you.

Held isn't even showing for the next boss fight. He'll like, Drop Jack off--Or maybe Jack gets kidnapped, and finds his way back to the lookout, while Held is off on Nevada, doing Nevadian things.

I kinda want to make a random series of Nevadian slice of life posts, with everything going great, to contrast Saiyans "OUR LIFE CHOICES ARE COMING BACK TO HAUNT US" posts.

....For lols.
    ...Nevada is next once the Saiyans are finished off.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    In addition to being revenge-starved, apparently the Tuffles are mad Puritans as well.

The problem is they're likely planning their conquest around the strings of fortune that surround Space Vegas when they should be preparing for Reno and Battle Mountain.

Part of me wants to have Ochazuke stroll over to help Zaofan to his feet.

On the other hand, he and the others are having a moment with Parsley.

Hmm...

EDIT

This is true.

Sasheem would enjoy it if he could turn them against eachother without ever doing much of anything.
    Assuredly it would take some effort, but Sasheem's really become Zaofan's particular berserk button these days. There's plenty of material here for conflict all around.

Spoilers for the Spider Shrine quest.
    Last edited by grampagen; 10-19-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Good, I have been looking for an excuse for Held to whip some fools. And it means I choose wisely in focusing on Nevada this arc.

.... But what's the beef with Nevada? I assume the truffles tried to ally with Nevada to kill the Saiyans and they were like "nah brah."

Good, I have been looking for an excuse for Held to whip some fools. And it means I choose wisely in focusing on Nevada this arc.

.... But what's the beef with Nevada? I assume the truffles tried to ally with Nevada to kill the Saiyans and they were like "nah brah."
    Is there anyone who doesn't have a beef with Nevada?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Default Geography of the Five Schools

[First Pass]

The path of the Five Schools trace their origins approximately 2000 years back. The Master wandered the planet from top to bottom, corner to corner, and wherever he found strife he came to end it. In various locations he left his mark, and through his students his legacy.

Crane

Place of Origin

Tanchozuru-jima (Red-crown Crane Island)

Turtle

Kame-shima (Turtle Island)

Snake

Coral Canyon

Dragon

Jiu Lung Shan (The Nine-Dragon Peaks)

Tiger

Ying-Yai Seua Wat (Great Tiger Hall)
    Last edited by grampagen; 10-19-2018 at 11:56 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Is there anyone who doesn't have a beef with Nevada?
    Presumably everyone who has a beef with the Saiyans?

I am just saying, technically speaking they have a much better track record than Saiyans..... For now.

.... DUN DUN DUN

Default The Trials of the Five Masters

The Earth was not always the domain of humankind, for there were once greater forces at play. Tethered to that savage doctrine 'only the strong shall survive', the world of men, soft, weak and frail succumbed to the hegemony of darkness and the reign of monsters.

That is, until the Master taught them to fight back.

The Tengu and the Priests

There was once an order of Fuke-shu dedicated to the complete elimination of desire and freedom from suffering. They played the shakuhachi, a flute through which they displayed their souls in a form of waking meditation. The monks were known as Komuso, and they wore a reed hoods (tengui) to manifest the absence of their ego. Unfortunately, their monastery bordered with the forest, and the subtle wail of their humble flutes were antipathic to the malevolent denizens that lived shaded in the ancient branches. They searched in secret for the face of their perpetual nuisance, finding only masks, and there they saw as an opportunity for most heinous mischief.

The shape-shifting tengu were masters of disguise and deceit, and it was upon those who strayed and had surface doubts on the path that were the most vulnerable. In those days, many a novice priests was seduced, eaten, and had their bones ground to ritual. The order began to adopt masks to bind all their members and the Tengu bled the villages dry for tithings, a mockery of blessing. These fake monks would collect all they wished, be it food, money, land or lives, under threat of a visitation of the Tengu; where they not appeased, so would evil of the Tengu manifest and terrorize the village.

On the road with the Master, the monk Yoroi searched for the elusive Komuso monastery in pursuit of their meditational method, but upon stumbling into their patron town having so fallen into disarray, he then attempted to remove the Tengu directly. First he made an attempt by challenge in the open; how he was dishonoured when he put his fist through that reed mask, finding out in that moment the Tengu sent a ransom monk after him! He attempted to expose them by flushing them out of the shrines raised in the forest's edge, and their religious trappings became their shield; when the Tengu descended upon the town, the public shamed him for blaming nature for the crimes of men.

At a loss but for his monk's robes, the learner Yoroi came to the Master to find a solution.

On the eve of the great festival, Yoroi and the Master watched their dance as the shriners and demons moved together in their faceless procession. They too adopted the Tengui, and so disguised followed their procession, hidden among their number up the mountainside. Upon reaching the monasetry, they were greeted by a gaunt doorman.

“Stop! If you are truly faceless and shed of ego, you will go no further!”

The Master bowed under his reed.

"Won't you join us in prayer?"

Yoroi offered only his flute and gathered began to play the song and joined the Komuso elder in leading the prayer and were soon met by a disorder of brackish notes and broken rhythms. The Tengu were shapeshifters, but could not figure out thumbs, for they greedily grasped their prey with their talons. Unable to form the notes and keep in time, the faceless ones were exposed at the pace of a Turtle in front of the villagers they called prey. One by one, the monk Yoroi beat them back, departed into the forest to never again return.

To his patient student the Master bequeathed this wisdom onto the Turtle: Given enough time, watcher and watched become the same. When you have thoughts that rail in the mind and passions in the heart, vision becomes distorted. To understand everything and sense everything the way a thing really is, one must become completely empty, as ready receive knowledge as to assert oneself.
    Last edited by grampagen; 11-17-2018 at 02:30 AM.

Reserving space for lore posting, 2/3

Things and stuff, OCD compells me to consolidate material.

Reserving space for lore posting, 3/3

One last space, sorry for the thread spam. But the lore tho.