Page 97 of 719 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197597 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Reason I think it might be, is pretty much that:

Asha'rah killing Indar'en, Ishtar being created by Shek'hinah, the Carin Yard's creation, and Hammer being sealed beneath it all happen in the year 100,000. Then Hammer says he tried to do what Asha'rah did, without the murder ... but it upset someone (who we don't know), so he was killed and sealed beneath the Carin Yard.

I'd say his ... shift in method is simply the result of being trapped, while dead and rotting, for 100,000 years.

It's certainly a working hypothesis, but whether or not it's true ? On Cleric knows for sure.

Rebellion implies unjust rule. End of the day, Asha'rah didn't like the "might makes right" ethos. Indar'en didn't seem to care either way, but he was loyal to a fault, and suffered for it. On the whole, I'm not gonna say all those that died were murdered because they chose.

But at the absolute minimum, Indar'en didn't deserve what he got. He was baited to a planet designed to kill him, specifically, and then murdered* when he responded predictably.

*EDIT: Killed, I suppose.
    ‘Temporary setback, not failure, child. I wanted as Asha’rah had, the power of both. But instead of killing Shima, I sought a....different path to Creational energy. A certain person did not like that, so I was killed and sealed here before I could regenerate.’

I mean, I'm really not filled with empathy for Hammer's hypothetical desire not to kill his fellow gods. It seems he just had a different method in mind.

Also totally agreed. Indar'en was a good, just Saiyan. He was certainly not the only death of the war, and other gods met their end during this time of strife and upheaval. But he got a harsh deal. Life and war are often like that. I intentionally made sure Asha'rah killed a good person to show the colorful morality involved in any civil war, heavenly or not.

If I were on Zeno's side, I well might put Asha'rah on trial for the murder of Indar'en. But Asha'rah killed plenty of other people during the war. He'd be one of a long list. It's only treason if you lose.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

It’s also why Sihn was leery of her at first, but wanted the truth before he judged her.

And yeah, Hammer’s crime was....well, not murder but henious none the less.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    ‘Temporary setback, not failure, child. I wanted as Asha’rah had, the power of both. But instead of killing Shima, I sought a....different path to Creational energy. A certain person did not like that, so I was killed and sealed here before I could regenerate.’

I mean, I'm really not filled with empathy for Hammer's hypothetical desire not to kill his fellow gods. It seems he just had a different method in mind.
    Well that's certainly a fair assessment, and Cleric's confirmed it was at least ... heinous.
    Also totally agreed. Indar'en was a good, just Saiyan. He was certainly not the only death of the war, and other gods met their end during this time of strife and upheaval. But he got a harsh deal. Life and war are often like that. I intentionally made sure Asha'rah killed a good person to show the colorful morality involved in any civil war, heavenly or not.
    And you certainly did a good job of that ^^

If I were on Zeno's side, I well might put Asha'rah on trial for the murder of Indar'en. But Asha'rah killed plenty of other people during the war. He'd be one of a long list. It's only treason if you lose.
    I mean this at least is wrong.

It's still treason. You just won so they can't stop you.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well that's certainly a fair assessment, and Cleric's confirmed it was at least ... heinous.

And you certainly did a good job of that ^^

I mean this at least is wrong.

It's still treason. You just won so they can't stop you.
    You're literally right on that last one. I was just going from serious, literal argument into meme mode to illustrate different perspectives. My bad for not being clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    You're literally right on that last one. I was just going from serious, literal argument into meme mode to illustrate different perspectives. My bad for not being clearer.
    Oh, that's my bad XD
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I'm dying LMAO
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I'm dying LMAO
    Sasheem and Zaofan are breaking up. Poor guy thought he'd found his 'forever Majin'.

Arx Inosaan

It looks like this does indeed spell the end for the Death and Chef Connection.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    It looks like this does indeed spell the end for the Death and Chef Connection.
    I am sure Held can mediate their differences.

I mean "I am holding your friend hostage in an eternal hell" for more power is a bit of a stickler, but there is still some wiggle room between that and "Free my friend from his endless fate worse than death", right?

Admittedly, I think Held would have some qualms about the issue, much like Zao....But probably not feel as strongly.

...For now.

RESCUE P-STA ARC

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    I am sure Held can mediate their differences.

I mean "I am holding your friend hostage in an eternal hell" for more power is a bit of a stickler, but there is still some wiggle room between that and "Free my friend from his endless fate worse than death", right?

Admittedly, I think Held would have some qualms about the issue, much like Zao....But probably not feel as strongly.

...For now.

RESCUE P-STA ARC
    Sasheem's take on it is pretty much...he's stronger than P-Sta. Stronger than he was before. If he hadn't shown up when Jagam did, I think it may have been more of an issue but his strength was needed.

Amd then there's the fact that there are other powerful known threats out there, those concerned will have to decide...PRACTICALITY OR MORALITY.

Retired Overlord

The true hilarity begins when Sasheem realizes Blue Etrina is "literally" right over by Parsley.

Meaning it won't be long before Etrina knows what he did.........so he has about 15-20 minutes to dig his own grave before she gets back.
    Bonus points if he gets Zaofan to cry before then.....that is literally trespassing on her domain.

Astonishing Member

Sasheem's take on it is pretty much...he's stronger than P-Sta. Stronger than he was before. If he hadn't shown up when Jagam did, I think it may have been more of an issue but his strength was needed.

Amd then there's the fact that there are other powerful known threats out there, those concerned will have to decide...PRACTICALITY OR MORALITY.
    If Held and Zao ever talk about it, Held would probably reluctantly try to get Zao to hold of on retrieving P-Sta until they manage to find a peaceful moment, where so much disaster wasn't being heaped upon the earth---Universe, whatever.

If that day ever comes even remotely close, Held would be like "Okay, let's do it."

Held isn't exactly fond of keeping people against their will, but he wouldn't have a clue how to rescue the guy, and--Well, Held was okay with P-Sta, but it's not like they were best friends. Held makes the hard decisions.

....That said, I do think if Zao was absolutely resolute, there is a considerable chance Held would back his play if asked.

I think, out of the main cast, Ocha, Zao, and Meagan have the most influence with him, to the point he might be willing to tolerate things he'd either not want to be involved in, or disagree with to a certain extent.

I mean, that's one of the classic tropes of conflict out there, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    If Held and Zao ever talk about it, Held would probably reluctantly try to get Zao to hold of on retrieving P-Sta until they manage to find a peaceful moment, where so much disaster wasn't being heaped upon the earth---Universe, whatever.

If that day ever comes even remotely close, Held would be like "Okay, let's do it."

Held isn't exactly fond of keeping people against their will, but he wouldn't have a clue how to rescue the guy, and--Well, Held was okay with P-Sta, but it's not like they were best friends. Held makes the hard decisions.

....That said, I do think if Zao was absolutely resolute, there is a considerable chance Held would back his play if asked.

I think, out of the main cast, Ocha, Zao, and Meagan have the most influence with him, to the point he might be willing to tolerate things he'd either not want to be involved in, or disagree with to a certain extent.
    Dragon Ball M: CIVIL WAR

Starring Zaofan, Sasheem, Etrina(s), Held, Parsley, and, for some inexplicable reason, Paul Rudd as Ant-Man.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I mean, that's one of the classic tropes of conflict out there, isn't it?

Dragon Ball M: CIVIL WAR

Starring Zaofan, Sasheem, Etrina(s), Held, Parsley, and, for some inexplicable reason, Paul Rudd as Ant-Man.
    Well somebody needs to shrink down and go inside Sasheem to find P-sta....and I don't see any of the normal group volunteering.