Page 616 of 719 FirstFirst ... 116516566606612613614615616617618619620626666716 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,240 of 10777
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Sorry all, been terribly sick all weekend on top of being snowed in for the last two days. I will post tomorrow.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Alright, should have things up in a day or two. Sorry, holidays have been busy and all.

And it's been a long, long time since I played the character, but I still want to bring a certain disagreeable esper back in some capacity.
    Coolio, hoss.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Sorry all, been terribly sick all weekend on top of being snowed in for the last two days. I will post tomorrow.
    I hope you're staying warm and taking care of yourself so that you'll be feeling better soon.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I too have been a bit absent in posting recently, my apologies all.

I actually will be celebrating Christmas over the weekend here, so I’ll be busy but later tonight I’ll co tour all existing story posts that need to be continued.

However, before that........

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my RPG friends! You’ve all made this game a wonderful and fun experience so far, and I can’t wait to see what else happens next. As a gift to you all, you may pick between an additional technique slot, a special item (of your own choosing, so long as I ok it), or some sort of weapon upgrade if you wish.
    I'll probably be forgoing any gifts for Rex/Charco since there's not much I could think to give him right now.

As for Shōchū, I'll give her a hybrid of new ability/item upgrade with.

Happy Hour: ⌈CLOCK UP⌋
    Having integrated the Chrononaut 1.480 BAC time-traveling device into her being, Shōchū growth during her three years in this timeline has given her the time and experience to experiment with it. As a result, she has learned to use it in more subtle ways, such as the acceleration of her physical and mental state, allowing her to react and move in ways that should be impossible (for 1 post). Of course, such acceleration beyond one's physical means comes with a price, heavily taxing her organic components with further and further use causing heavy damage (total exhaustion after 2 uses per battle, with further uses damaging her).

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Before I respond, just wanted to post up Parsley's special item for approval.

Mercy's End: Parsley's sword, Mercy's End, is made of ultra katchin and is very efficient at channeling energy. With lessons from Etrina, Parsley was able to bestow onto her sword her ability to mimic techniques. The sword can only mimic one technique at a time, but it can use that one technique as many times as she wants until she “slots” another technique.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Some Techs for review

Endothermic Singularity: Focused Cryomantic Magic conjures a reverse star of intense cold that can be remotely manipulated. Appearing as a sphere of blue flame 5 m around, Etrina can link it to a target or create a localized gravity well. In the former, the orb will exert a strong pull on the target while simultaneously being pulled towards it, in the latter it will remain stationary and exert a strong pull on anything that moves in too close...including energy. As soon as it comes in contact with its target or any sufficient amount of matter it will implode, generating a solid mass of magic infused ice around the target. Because the singularity generates a near absolute zero core, energy attacks throw into it are reduces and absorbed with little to no effect or impediment on the orb itself. Only one orb can be active at a time and requires a one post recharge after detonation.

Time Frame: Creates time stamps of herself at multiple given locations, which allow Etrina to instantaneously move between these points at will. Whatever action she was taking at the time will also be saved when creating the stamp, and "loaded" when she returns to this point. Frames leave a point of magic *small sparkling sphere*that can be targeted to "destroy" that frame to prevent use.

Vitality Rot: Combination of Vitalmancy and the Nuckelavee Soul Shard. Etrina channels the spell through physical contact, spreading a corrupting rot into a target that targets spiritual energy. Techniques and abilities that use ki are weakened severely and physical combat capabilities are weakened. Lasts for 3 posts. Rot can be spread to another target from the first if anyone makes physical contact with them before the 3 turns expires. Holding the Nuckelavee shard renders one immune to the rot, and can also be used to end the effect should etrina have need to.

I'll try and think of some items for the christmas thing soon and get back into the current part of the game.

Praxat

Post timeskip stuff

After The Republic of Qacriea was established, Praxat spent the holidays with her family. From her sister Draxat, On the holidays, Praxat received a new attire that Draxat design herself. From her mother Uraxat, Praxat received a locket containing a family photo of her, her parents, grandfather, and her sisters.

During her time on Qacriea, Praxat studied and analyzed her ancestor Disdemona's sword. She found that her ancestor's sword was in excellent condition, and managed to hold up, well despite being thirty thousand years old. When she was training, Praxat switched over to Aoem Zawk Style and Aoem Vion style. After the holidays were over, Praxat left for Earth in a newly design spaceship.

Once on Earth, Praxat continued her training. Practicing mastering compressing her limbs to boost the force of her strikes, and to hone her water sense. On the side, Praxat looked up sword fighting online and did further research on her Luue Radiation.

In the months to follow, Praxat had managed to master compressing her limbs to boost the force of her strikes and had improved her water sense. Praxat continued her training over the coming years and started practicing ways to use her ancestor's sword, including using it with her tongue with the aid of online sword fighting instructional videos.

Praxat also did training in Max mode to find a way to diminish the technique's side effects. Through hard training, Praxat managed to diminish Max Mode's drawbacks. In the current year, Praxat was still practicing on how to use her ancestor's sword.

The years up to this Praxat also had been hard at work at her lab at Capsule Corp, discovering new ways her Luue Radiation could be used for practical applications. Praxat design a bunch of projects using Luue radiation. One such project was a high tech bracelet that could turn the user invisible for 10 minutes. This gift that Praxat planned to give to Dash as a birthday present.

Note: is this okay, everyone?

Tech for review

Praxat

Skysplitter ( Aoem, Zawk Style): Using her ancestor Disdemona's sword. Praxat sends out a barrage of balls of electricity that Praxat can make home in on a target . To finish it off her new technique. She sends out a condense wave of electromagnetic energy with enough power to smash through a barrier. , and she can charge up this wave of electromagnetic energy before unleashing it.

The powerful electromagnetic field in her ancestor Disdemona's sword. Helps her guide the multiple balls of electricity she sends at a target. It also allows her to channeled her bio electromagnetic energy into it, and focus that energy to one point. The very tip of the sword.

Note: this tech can be used without the sword, but it won't be as strong.

Praxat's special item for approval

Thunderstorm Blade ( Disdemona's sword). This Nodachi type sword acts as a Lightning rod for Praxat's Bio electromagnetic energy. Allowing Praxat to channel , focus bio electromagnetic energy in to it, and amplified her Bio electromagnetic energy. It is compose of composite Iridium Diamond. It has a powerful electromagnetic field that can be switch on and off. This field is generated by two min electric motors located in the hilt.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...edLightningRod

Praxat's new attire

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-02-2020 at 01:56 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I need a new mentor for Praxat. One who can train her in swordmanship.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I need a new mentor for Praxat. One who can train her in swordmanship.
    Why not interact with the cast and figure out who would be willing (if anyone) to do that.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I too have been a bit absent in posting recently, my apologies all.

I actually will be celebrating Christmas over the weekend here, so I’ll be busy but later tonight I’ll co tour all existing story posts that need to be continued.

However, before that........

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my RPG friends! You’ve all made this game a wonderful and fun experience so far, and I can’t wait to see what else happens next. As a gift to you all, you may pick between an additional technique slot, a special item (of your own choosing, so long as I ok it), or some sort of weapon upgrade if you wish.
    For Sasheem's bonus technique slot...I figure he didn't just train with Balon to walk away with nothin'.

Daijinryuu Ken - "The Great God Dragon Fist". An ability Sasheem developed by combining Dragon School defensive techniques and his Katchin mode.

Using this technique Sasheem activates Katchin Mode and adjusts the metallic shell into a more serrated form, resembling dragon scales. With this technique, for three posts, he can absorb any oncoming projectile or wave of force of an energy, ki-based, magical, or magnetic nature, so long as it's not vastly stronger than Sasheem himself, to store it and use it to triple his own power for one special attack.

Requires a five post cool down after its use.
    Last edited by KingofPie; 01-02-2020 at 06:54 PM.

I went over with Tami about Praxat getting a another mentor. Tami told me I should ask if there's anyone who can mentor Praxat.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I went over with Tami about Praxat getting a another mentor. Tami told me I should ask if there's anyone who can mentor Praxat.
    I believe Cthulhu meant was that Praxat should be asking, in-character, about sword mentorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    I believe Cthulhu meant was that Praxat should be asking, in-character, about sword mentorship.
    Yeah I'll do that.
    My Forum check it out

Have a few submissions for peer review, and Special Artifact as approved by Cleric:

Deconstructive Parry - "My my, how quaint ..." - Thanks to Whis' handbook, Inanna has come to understand Hakai is more than a blunt instrument, but could be applied with some measure of finesse; and that there was a brief instant before something was annihilated where information might be gathered. Paired with her learned martial skill, this allows her to 'deconstruct' an incoming attack by parrying it; giving her insight into how it works before annihilation takes it.
    Aper's Riposte - "... let's see how mine compares." - Usable only after a successful Deconstructive Parry, Inanna has a brief window (two posts) before the insight into a successfully parried technique's information is 'lost', where she can create an 'echo'. These echoes are nigh-perfect replicas of the would-be attack; with the only true difference being the energy-type used (Hakai/God Ki).
    Dimensional Cachexia - By 'infecting' local spacetime with small amounts of Hakai, Inanna is capable of altering the way reality operates within the affected area. Simply put, this means that things that would occur normally or rather 'naturally' (an energy attack detonating for example) ... will not. This effect does not persist longer than the amount of effort Inanna exerts in maintaining it, IE: if she does not continuously infect an area with Hakai the effect is a one-off. This ability is less effective against magic as well, as magic is already a perversion of 'natural law'.
    The Ossuary - A nondescript box of what appears to be ivory, recovered by Inanna from under questionable circumstances. When opened, there appears to be nothing inside. Yet ... you swear you can almost hear it whisper.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I need to update Dash's bio. Working on it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.