Page 232 of 719 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Yep, I remember the Timeless Expanse, though I don't quite remember the Soul Intake. I suppose for now I just wanna know every location revealed in Otherworld so far and the what we've written regarding these places. For instance, there's Sihn's place, which is I guess is about the equivalent of where King Yemma's office in Dragon Ball. And I believe the HFIL/Hell has been referenced numerous times.

As you've mentioned, there's your stuff with the Timeless Garden and the Timeless Expanse, which...is where souls pass through, I believe? I forget, do the Oni pass judgement on all dead souls and send them off to their designated afterlife or is that Sihn's job?
    Soul Intake was where Charco ended up after he turned himself into a hot dog and met The Lizard King (AKA Greedosaurus Rex).

The Timeless Garden/Expanse are effectively The Oni's Home/Purgatory respectively, with the Oni sort of keeping the peace for the souls yet to be sorted, and where the Oni Bounty Hunter bring their wrangled souls. Depending on judgement, they're then taken -- by an Oni -- to one of the various levels of Hell. As I've detailed too (through character posting), there's effectively a Heaven/Hell for each planet.

So like ... effectively, each civilization is right when it comes to where they're going after they die ... but it's nothing to do with religion.

If you die on Earth and were good, you go to Earth Heaven, if you die and were bad ? Earth Hell. Die on Vocado ? Same deal, Vocadan Heaven/Hell.

Don't die on Freeza Planet 419.

There's worse places than Heaven/Hell obviously ... but I didn't really flesh any of that out since, well ... lot of fun to be had in collaboration.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I'd assume Shek'hinah sorts the souls as she's the Goddess of the Underworld ... but I'm not quite sure on that.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Soul Intake was where Charco ended up after he turned himself into a hot dog and met The Lizard King (AKA Greedosaurus Rex).

The Timeless Garden/Expanse are effectively The Oni's Home/Purgatory respectively, with the Oni sort of keeping the peace for the souls yet to be sorted, and where the Oni Bounty Hunter bring their wrangled souls. Depending on judgement, they're then taken -- by an Oni -- to one of the various levels of Hell. As I've detailed too (through character posting), there's effectively a Heaven/Hell for each planet.

So like ... effectively, each civilization is right when it comes to where they're going after they die ... but it's nothing to do with religion.

If you die on Earth and were good, you go to Earth Heaven, if you die and were bad ? Earth Hell. Die on Vocado ? Same deal, Vocadan Heaven/Hell.

There's worse places than Heaven/Hell obviously ... but I didn't really flesh any of that out since, well ... lot of fun to be had in collaboration.
    What if a race doesn't believe in Heaven/Hell/Afterlife, like the Saiyans? They believe that once a person dies, that's it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    What if a race doesn't believe in Heaven/Hell/Afterlife, like the Saiyans? They believe that once a person dies, that's it.
    There's a special place in the afterlife for Saiyans.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Well, I figure they have a choice.

Go to their version of Heaven (nothingness), or hang around in Purgatory (Hell). Which I guess means there's a ton of dead Saiyan in Purgatory. Good thing there's Oni.

Arx Inosaan

Saiyans are also special in that no one cares if the bad ones go to Heaven ... they stop existing anyway

... that was rude.

I'm sorry.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Dear God, clearly one of the places that's worse than Hell

Well, I figure they have a choice.

Go to their version of Heaven (nothingness), or hang around in Purgatory (Hell). Which I guess means there's a ton of dead Saiyan in Purgatory. Good thing there's Oni.
    What's the procedure for when a soul goes to purgatory? I know they lose their body and become one of those clouds, but do they keep their memories/personalities and such?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

With all the souls that pass through there on a daily basis, the Oni have their work cut out for them them...

And given this information...let's say I wished to implement a Soul Cleansing Machine in the near future....

Would a good place for that be the Timeless Expanse?

Incredible Member

I mean in the context of what Ishtar is about to go through, it'd make sense if Riesling was watching.

Temporarily unalived.
    Watching with a creepy, mild smile as usual.

And technically she's borderline clinically dead! But more on that later. I have to erase the Skinwalker technique and replace it with something more appropriate.

I think they're purified (reset, basically) and reincarnated.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Yep, I remember the Timeless Expanse, though I don't quite remember the Soul Intake. I suppose for now I just wanna know every location revealed in Otherworld so far and the what we've written regarding these places. For instance, there's Sihn's place, which is I guess is about the equivalent of where King Yemma's office in Dragon Ball. And I believe the HFIL/Hell has been referenced numerous times.

As you've mentioned, there's your stuff with the Timeless Garden and the Timeless Expanse, which...is where souls pass through, I believe? I forget, do the Oni pass judgement on all dead souls and send them off to their designated afterlife or is that Sihn's job?

So the realm of Shinku no Manto would be one of these levels then?

And what about heaven? Any King Kai's planet equivalents? ...If you're willing to say just yet.
    *Shrug* Maybe? HFIL in Dragon Ball still seems colorful and tame compared to Wilheim's world. On the contrary, i was inspired partly by the various dark forces that Ishtar, Asha'Rah, and Etrina have had to deal with, which seems like a combination of nether realm and Lovecraftian torment at times.

I should also note that Shinku No Manto senses the energy of Wilheim's world on our heroes, but has never been there nor does he know its true nature. It just sounds like he'd want to go there like Disney World. It's very tempting to him and he imagines it would be either a paradise for him or like moving to a new city where he can really make an impression. It's just that his home realm/dimension/circle should be just as dark, demonic, and horrific as him.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    I think they're purified (reset, basically) and reincarnated.
    Yeah, that's what Piccolo said to Vegeta before his Chiaotzu'd himself. Was just wondering if the same applied here.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

With all the souls that pass through there on a daily basis, the Oni have their work cut out for them them...

And given this information...let's say I wished to implement a Soul Cleansing Machine in the near future....

Would a good place for that be the Timeless Expanse?
    Oh, there already is one.

Gonna argue though, that the Soul Cleansing Machine was decommissioned after Nergal climbed into it and turned into an abomination who cares for nothing more than slaughter and consuming souls from the corpses he makes.

Heh.

What's the procedure for when a soul goes to purgatory? I know they lose their body and become one of those clouds, but do they keep their memories/personalities and such?
    Strong enough souls can keep their shape/themselves. Otherwise they're clouds with memories but are otherwise harmless.

Arx Inosaan

Strong enough souls can keep their shape/themselves. Otherwise they're clouds with memories but are otherwise harmless.
    Interesting. If you were to put a number to it, how strong would be strong enough?

Also, where would Vocado have ended up? The equivalent of King Kai's planet?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Interesting. If you were to put a number to it, how strong would be strong enough?

Also, where would Vocado have ended up? The equivalent of King Kai's planet?
    How strong was Tasure when she died.

Arx Inosaan