Page 94 of 719 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194594 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 10777

Ugh, got a touch of the old plague, so I've been in a cold medicine induced comatose the past few days. I'll try and catch up when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Ugh, got a touch of the old plague, so I've been in a cold medicine induced comatose the past few days. I'll try and catch up when I can.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Get well soon!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Get well soon, Yun!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Well that's certain to attract more enemies.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well that's certain to attract more enemies.
    ...oops? lol.

Asha'rah is, by her standards, very much losing her cool here.

What happens when your best weapons become like flowers to a bee? Make them more like bug zappers to a mosquito.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    ...oops? lol.

Asha'rah is, by her standards, very much losing her cool here.
    I mean it's all well and good by me. I was just like ... Asha'rah turned into a Kaiju, here comes the brawl.

But ... well you just made Mashed Namekian. I'm also cool with this XD
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean it's all well and good by me. I was just like ... Asha'rah turned into a Kaiju, here comes the brawl.

But ... well you just made Mashed Namekian. I'm also cool with this XD
    It's a lot like mashed peas, but with much more protein!

Time to examine the Cairn Yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    It's a lot like mashed peas, but with much more protein!

Time to examine the Cairn Yard.
    Oh, the Carin Yard is gone. He Hakai'd it. There's like ... one ward left.

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Sarada: I missed a fight?? DAMMMMMNIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

*Every bird, worm, monster and buried old god for miles turns their heads in her direction*

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Sarada: I missed a fight?? DAMMMMMNIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

*Every bird, worm, monster and buried old god for miles turns their heads in her direction*
    Don't give her any ideas. Sarada might just tun herself into a Giant Ki Lighthouse in order to attract all remaining nasties out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Wait....no, you can tell me.

C’mon.

Oh, I was going to say that, since Ishtar was elbow deep in Hammer's chest, he could have used her to block the Neural Jammer.

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

If I could do the way I wrote Held for this story over, I would have just had him make a sandwich, while his crack team of Holy Murderers killed a GoD.

I mean, Held didn't have to do anything, and the poor boss got...What, five moves before being two shotted?

I'm glad Falcon had Asha'Rah go BIG GOLD, cause it shows how real the disrespect was.

I legit need to think on how Held is rolling with this.

Retired Overlord

Placeholder to be filled over time.

Name: Cthylla

Race/Species: Klaxxzee(Voidling)

Appearance:

Power Level: 1,100,000(Suit Limiter)

Style: Void(Kugeki)

Techniques:
    Outsider Perception(Passive) - Expanded Awareness of surroundings, including the flow of energy and ki, even from the faintest of sources. Cthylla can accurately locate and distinguish between sources of ki at a much farther distance then normal, and track ki signatures even when they are suppressed or cloaked. In addition, she can use the local fields of energy to mentally "ping" the local topography for hidden objects and skulking areas.

Empty Empowerment(Passive) - Because of the nature of Cthyllas Existence, her skills, abilities and existence are held together by Void Energy instead of ki. Abilities that would affect ki, in both positive and negative ways, have no effect on her. Because of that same nature, she produces no ki field, rendering her invisible to those who sense using Ki,

Void Step - Cuts a temporary path through the void between worlds, allowing for instantaneous movement between two points. This requires only line of sight or expanded perception of the target area, and each step beyond the first requires a moment to reacquire her bearings before being used again.

Environmental Containment NanoSuit - Cthyllas only means of surviving within the caustic(to her) environment within creation. The suit is a mass of augmented next-gen nano machines over an sealed containment suit, which is then filled with energy native to the void to maintain herself. In addition to the obvious use as a environmental suit, it also gives the voidling access to a number of additional abilities.
    - Nano-machine skin - Nano-machines that move to full suit punctures to prevent loss of contained void energy, as well as mimicking human skin to give the suit a humanoid appearance to help her blend in.
    - Direct Void Conduit - Extra dimensional link allows Cthylla to siphon energy directly from the void. Can effectively never run out of energy, but can only maintain as much as her suit will allow her to channel. (PL Limit)

Negative Starlight - A technique that forms multiple small star like projectiles of void energy that hover in orbit around Cthylla. They can be launched at a target or used to intercept a projectile sent her way. Upon impact with energy or matter of significant density, the star explodes into a miniaturized singularity that absorbs the energy or matter around it before dissipating into nothing. Maximum 6 active at any time.

Klaxxian Horror - By shedding her human "facade", Cthylla creates an aura of perceptible "wrongness" around herself. This Aura has a mentally numbing effect on everyone within line of sight, making it easier to intimidate or manipulate them. Enemies are subtlety intimidated and as a result will bring to bear less of their power then they otherwise would. (Equating to striking with 15% less of their PL then they normally would)

Pole Star Vortex - Powerful Beam Attack. A Central Void Star is charged and then launched at a target, trailed by a beam of intense energy. The "pole star" at the head of the beam impacts first to create an explosion of Kugeki(Void) Energy that annihilates everything in a large impact area. If the target is not destroyed, or the attack is being used against a larger target, the beam trailing behind will then cut through to deliver a second piercing attack against the already damaged target.

Void Cut - Operating on a similar principle to Void Step, Cthylla can open temporary rifts between two points that cuts directly through the void between worlds. They appear as dark spots, with no visible aura or detectable marker. Objects that enter one exit the other end with no obvious travel distance between. The rifts are non caustic, and by themselves cause no damage to objects that come in contact or travel through them, including normal organic matter. Maximum rift size is the radius of a watermelon, objects larger then this will be unable to cross. Cthylla can have three rift connections active at any given moment.

Body Manipulation - Exposure to Void Energy over a long period of time has manifested bizarre traits in the nano cellular make up of Cthyllas containment Suit. The Nanite liquid layer has adapted and evolved to possess increased flexibility in addition to an increasingly unnaturally strong reproduction level. Cthylla can use these factors to manipulate her body in bizarre ways....Moving in ways no normal creature could, as well as being able manipulate the shape or length of her limbs as needed.

Ignite Mana - Through physical contact, Cthylla can radiate void energy into a target on a frequency that triggers a violent reaction with magical energy. This "ignition" effect burns the users energy pool from within, causing excruciating pain while locking magic related skills for 3 turns. Has no effect against beings with no magic, and the lock can be bypassed if the user can regain their magic PL through alternative means.

Voida-cite - A mutation created from Cthyllas specific Void energy interaction with her Nanosuit. Specific Nanocites have gained voidling characteristics, becoming their own unique creatures. Designated as a Voidacite, this mutated nanocite can be delivered to an enemy during direct suit to skin contact and once on or inside a target will immediately begin reproducing enmass...flooding the targets bloodstream with infected voiding nanomites. Every turn after infection the host loses 10% of their maximum natural PL to the invaders as long as the infection remains. If the target ever reaches below 30% of their base PL or 150% of their base PL, the infection will starve/be burned out of the system and the effect will end. If the effect lasts for more then 5 posts, voidmites will invade the brain and trigger distracting auditory hallucinations as well as amplify Cthyllas auto suggestive capabilities. Infection via Voida-cite allows Cthylla to use the target as a conduit to extend her Outsider perception and keep constant track of the target.

Brood Queen - Another mutation related to Cthyllas Nanocites. Those inside her liquid suit layer have mutated, gaining aspects of her potential brood lord status. With a mental command, they burst forth from her skin....growing exponentially in a matter of seconds into a fully formed flying insectoid voidling. Exposed to air, they're bodies can only last for a short time.....and they use this time to breed multiple smaller copies of themselves and swarm the intended target, attaching with its stinger and then detonating in a small but potent explosion.

Void Typhoon - By opening venting units in her arms for a brief moment and spinning at high velocity, Cthylla produces a vortex of Void energy that emits a brief but strong pull matter in the immediate area around her, be it physical or energy. Once trapped in the vortex objects and energy cannot escape until the vortex destabilizes, and will be bombarded with damaging void energy while trapped. After 10 seconds the vortex will destabilize and detonate in a massive explosion.

Magical Conversion - Cthylla can convert the energy from spellwork cast directly on her into additional power for a brief period. Spells hitting her will lose a quarter of their power, and in return will raise Cthyllas PL by 20% of its base.

Kugeki - Void, The Harness able form of the energy that exists outside creation. It is a force not unlike Hakai.......bound not to the systems of Creation and Destruction. The Primal Energy of......[unintelligible]

Special: Autosuggestion - The ability to influence the weak or distracted minds of mortals, implanting ideas or suggestions that subtlely push them towards an intended goal without direct intervention.

History:
    It is said that if one looks into the abyss, the abyss will stare back into you.

A warning to those who would mess with powers beyond their comprehension.

Little did even they know that the saying, in a sense, was all too literal.

Beyond the Veil of the Universe, in the infinite Abyss known as the Void, A billion eyes reflect the dim light of creation. Outside observers, unable to interact but through only the most abstract of means. Old enough to have bore witness to the shaping of the universes, they float upon the eternal tides outside the cycle of life and death. Forever watching. Forever wanting. Forever denied. For they are the shadow cast by creation.

The old ones have long lost their curiosity for what exists within those spheres of creation, but their is still some curiosity that remains among their young. Some who look in from the outside to an alien universe, without malice for what was denied from them, nor apathy born from an endless existence in the sea of nothing. They are...in a sense....the pioneers of the void.

Even now, a young Voidling stares in from beyond. The spawn of a Old One who lived when the universe was young. It carries the curiosity of a newborn, the wisdom of millennium, and a warning for the children of creation.

The Klaxzee rise under the golden star of creation.

Look....Look into the Abyss....hear its warning....

Before its too late.

Other:
    Last edited by MrSandman; 06-12-2019 at 07:26 AM.