Page 608 of 719 FirstFirst ... 108508558598604605606607608609610611612618658708 ... LastLast
Results 9,106 to 9,120 of 10777
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    21 though I suppose it's 22 now that Cleric has amended the PL thing
    Well now. Guess I have much more room than I thought. When you think about it, fingers are like fleshy needles.

Time to crack open some wuxia stuff.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Some things are hard to write without supplying the frame of reference. Here's some supplemental notes at the risk of sounding pretentious.

A Nak Muay is a Thai Boxer, which is the discipline the Tiger School is based on. The ritual Ochazuke's monologue describes is the Wai Kru, which is a sort a ritual dance Muay Thai fighters do before a fight to denote respect to their teachers and opponents. and the traditional music played in the horn-and-percussion ensemble is called the Sarama.

If nothing else makes sense, at least this might, lol
    Awesome, thanks GG!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Well now. Guess I have much more room than I thought. When you think about it, fingers are like fleshy needles.

Time to crack open some wuxia stuff.
    Inanna: Depending on how you use them, fingers are also delightfully phallic~
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

Inanna: Depending on how you use them, fingers are also delightfully phallic~
    Chuan: Nope. NOPE. These are healing hands.

But more to the point, I was thinking and it'd make sense for Chuan to want to teach others like he did Karine and Totoma. So I guess maybe he'd pass on his medical know-how to the Onis, since they'd live a lot longer than him. Nunlil and Ereshkigal can use him as a training dummy, and then he could get an organ shifting technique from it.

Would be rather clever, honestly.

Also, now that Chuan's back, the Healing Corps got a nice buff and the main trio should synergize pretty well. Neva can heal by channeling energy from. Vaikuntha, Inanna can 'gift' her regen to people, and now Chuan will potentially be able to pressure point heal.

If anyone dies, they deserved to.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

Also, now that Chuan's back, the Healing Corps got a nice buff and the main trio should synergize pretty well. Neva can heal by channeling energy from. Vaikuntha, Inanna can 'gift' her regen to people, and now Chuan will potentially be able to pressure point heal.

Hmm, alright. So I guess that's set in stone. Chuan teaches Eresh and Nunlil, even throws in some adaptations for Oni physiology so they won't have trouble passing the knowledge to their people if they're so inclined. Also yes, bonus points because I've got modular combos in mind. For a relevant example, if Inanna still headbutts, imagine that but with Chuan channeling his needles through her so extra piercing power and pressure point attacks are added to the strike.

She can certainly still headbutt, it's just not a charge attack anymore ... and thanks to some looting, her horns (and several other things) are coated in a layer of First Race Katchin. Which is particularly adept at channeling Ki.

She also used blood magic to bind Sasheem to a knife !

... that I keep forgetting about.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Samson approaches Zaofan.

“What do you see, Zaofan? What are your thoughts my friend?”

Astonishing Member

Held: Am I a joke to you?

Admittedly, Held and Crazy horn are technically more in the fray, but they are excellent combat medics!

Now, he's going to drink himself into despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held: Am I a joke to you?

Admittedly, Held and Crazy horn are technically more in the fray, but they are excellent combat medics!

Now, he's going to drink himself into despair.
    Held gotta post more boi

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

She can certainly still headbutt, it's just not a charge attack anymore ... and thanks to some looting, her horns (and several other things) are coated in a layer of First Race Katchin. Which is particularly adept at channeling Ki.

She also used blood magic to bind Sasheem to a knife !

... that I keep forgetting about.
    Oh right, didn't that thing with Sasheem happen way back? And yeah, good. That could still work with the needle combos.

Well, if Inanna does more blood magic than Ishtar, I think Chuan's medical theme might work out even better. Take some of her blood and inject it into an enemy to lower resistance to her spells, for example.

Considering she has Movie Deadpool level regen, she considers not using Blood Magic often a sin.

Arx Inosaan

Hi everyone! I wanted to drop by for a friendly hello and let you all know how much I miss playing with you all!

I've been reading here and there, which makes me yearn to come back. I'm grateful for everyone's time and devotion here, and just the sheer pleasure it is to read all this material. And thanks, Gen, for taking such good care of my baby I'm looking to come back soon once things settle down in life, but I'll do my best to catch up/keep up with the story.

P.S. I saw this gem on Facebook and it immediately struck me as an appropriate threat for the DBM world at large -- hungry Saiyans, Majins, Ids and all.

----

You go to olive garden and order unlimited salad and breadsticks. The first serving comes out. You eat it. The second serving comes. You eat that as well. The third serving comes. You're starting to get full, but you eat it cause **** it you want to get your money's worth right. Then the fourth serving comes. You start to eat it but stop about a third of the way through cause you're full and you can't eat any more. As the waitress comes to give you a 5th serving, you tell her you won't eat it and that you're ready to pay. She replies "okay" with a smile and goes to get your check, but leaves the 5th serving on your table.

About 10 minutes go buy and the waitress comes out with a 6th serving. You grow a little irritated and tell her that you didn't want any more food, you wanted the check. Again she smiles and says "I'll bring that right out." As she's walking away another waitress comes out with a 7th serving of food. You're stunned at what's happening as you now have nearly 3 full portions of uneaten food. The waitress comes back with an 8th serving and tells you the computers are down, and it might take longer than expected to process the credit card payment. She places the food on top of the food already on the table. The other patrons at the restaurant are now starting to glance at your table with confusion.

Then a 9th serving comes out.

At this point you can't even see the table underneath the food but that doesn't stop the waitress from bringing a 10th serving. You're irate now and demand her bring you your credit card back so you can leave. She says the payment is still processing but she'll go check on it.

She comes back with a 10th serving and tells you the payment is still processing, but if you're going to have to wait if she could bring you some water. You oblige, bewildered at the pile of uneaten salad and breadsticks strewn before you, as the warm scent of garlic fills your nostrils. She comes back with an 11th serving and a glass of water. You drink the water. A 12th serving comes out. At this point the food is piled so high you can't even see across the table anymore. 13th serving. Food starts to fall on the floor. 14th serving. People start to leave the restaurant, confused and a bit frightened at the spectacle.

You start to get up and leave, but the waitress tells you it won't be much longer. "I don't care!" You say, your voice cracking from fear, "just let me get out of here!"

"I'm afraid I cannot do that sir. You must finish the unlimited salad and breadsticks you ordered."

At this point, 30 servings lay on and around your table. A conveyor of waiters are stacking up servings one by one at the tables surrounding you. Kitchen production has reached 1 serving every four seconds. After 100 servings have been brought out you try to make a break for the door, but you slip on a greasy breadstick and fall face first onto the floor.

"Oh can I help you sir?" A worried voice asks. You look up. It's the waitress. "Please, just let me go. I'll do anything, please!"

She smiles and replies "Oh sir, you chose your fate already, and it only cost you $6.99."

You begin to cry. You crawl to the door. It's locked.

250 servings.

You begin to wet yourself. You pray, hoping for a miracle.

428 servings.

Breadsticks are now shooting out of the kitchen like bullets from a submachine gun. All the waiters and waitresses have gotten on their knees and formed a circle, citing the Olive Garden code of conduct as smoke billows from the floor within. Salad dressing starts to fall from the ceiling. You begin to suffocate from the lettuce blocking your nasal passages

2564 servings.

You accept your fate. Power comes in and out, a lightning storm forms outside. There are so many breadsticks in the restaurant that you are unable to see any light. The door breaks open and food begins to pour out at the speed of sound. The road in front of the restaurant gets covered in slippery lettuce and salad dressing, causing a multi car pile up.

6591 servings.

The earth begins to tremble. There is a power blackout.

15477 servings.

Nothing can stop the cataclysm.

61899 servings.

422455 servings

10174592 servings.

The earth begins to split. Volcanic magma makes its way to the surface. The olive garden emoloyees have summoned Cthulhu. He sets fire to the continent. Salad and breadsticks completely cover the earth. Oxygen supply is cut off. Sunlight is nonexistent. You're already dead. The unlimited salad and breadsticks continue to multiply, increasing the mass of the earth to unsustainable levels. Earth collapses into itself, causing a supernova the likes of which have never happened before.

Silence.

Retired Overlord

Erosa: And then I said to the waiter....can I have what he's having Ero.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Nice Cyke.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM