Page 447 of 719 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497547 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 10777
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Her complaint about time being manipulated, is also sort of ... at odds with her actions, given she did the same with Hakai.
    Why I cant comment on Asha'rah motives for the whole thing...I can sorta see the general point.

I think the issue is that Hakai, no matter what you consider it to be, is a part of the system. Gods of Destruction are a thing, and there primary job is to use Hakai to destroy things.

Time manipulation is breaking a system to make it work for you....and in breaking it you can cause more unintented(or intended) damage then just someone running around hakai..ing planets.

To me...it seems Asha'rah is stuck in a position where she both promotes growth as a goddess of creation, but believes that certain parts of the system shouldn't be messed with. So where can she draw the line between letting things grow but preventing them from growing so much they break important systems like this.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Why I cant comment on Asha'rah motives for the whole thing...I can sorta see the general point.

I think the issue is that Hakai, no matter what you consider it to be, is a part of the system. Gods of Destruction are a thing, and there primary job is to use Hakai to destroy things.

Time manipulation is breaking a system to make it work for you....and in breaking it you can cause more unintented(or intended) damage then just someone running around hakai..ing planets.

To me...it seems Asha'rah is stuck in a position where she both promotes growth as a goddess of creation, but believes that certain parts of the system shouldn't be messed with. So where can she draw the line between letting things grow but preventing them from growing so much they break important systems like this.
    That was my take way too.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

This is closer to the truth. Not quite all the way there, but it at least covers Asha'rah's "professional" reasons.

Slow down Cleric!

I wanted to exchange vows, and so on. I wans't expect it to go that fast. Guess I can work with it.
    Last edited by Tami; 12-13-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Which is to a degree Ishtar's point.

Hakai is broken just as badly, and even more succeptible to being messed with. A dinosaur took a GoD's power, for example. A Dinosaur with the mentality of one of those Seagulls from Finding Nemo.

So she straight up implemented a broken system, which she then exposed to the Universe, to what ? Make a point that's not really a point ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Which is to a degree Ishtar's point.

Hakai is broken just as badly, and even more succeptible to being messed with. A dinosaur took a GoD's power, for example. A Dinosaur with the mentality of one of those Seagulls from Finding Nemo.

It took Jinzi Pantaloons, to break time to a point where people are like "huh that's problematic".
    Wait, what dinosaur?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Wait, what dinosaur?
    Rex ate a GoD and took his Hakai.

Yes.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rex ate an Arcosian GoD sometime shortly after Asha'rah's rebellion ended.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

To be fair, Rex doesn't have Hakai Hakai, but rather a tainted, devolved version of it (Cleric named it Ghost Hakai, but I haven't thought of a proper name for it yet)

Rex ate a GoD and took his Hakai.

Yes.
    Uhh, I presume Cleric okayed this and there was some weird special circumstances involved. Because gaining Hakai isn't that simple. There's a reason no God of Creation or Destruction were able to cannibalize each other's power during the War in the Heavens. Asha'rah was the only one to do it, and it was a big deal that Hammer worked out some other way. Even Sakin is only absorbing Kamis.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    To be fair, Rex doesn't have Hakai Hakai, but rather a tainted, devolved version of it (Cleric named it Ghost Hakai, but I haven't thought of a proper name for it yet)
    There we go.

Though I wonder at how Rex was able to eat a GoD in the first place. Would you point me to the relevant post?

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    KindaKai.

/limit

Arx Inosaan

Uhh, I presume Cleric okayed this and there was some weird special circumstances involved. Because gaining Hakai isn't that simple. There's a reason no God of Creation or Destruction were able to cannibalize each other's power during the War in the Heavens. Asha'rah was the only one to do it, and it was a big deal that Hammer worked out some other way. Even Sakin is only absorbing Kamis.
    He indeed cleared it, and to clarify, Rex has an innate ability to consume energy and make it his own, so it was a special set of circumstances.

Yeah, it was special circumstances that let Rex eat Yukatan. And Ghost Hakai will never be as potent as real Hakai, but I dug the concept.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Genesis is doing it too.

This also isn't accurate. Sihn explained to Ishtar there were no GoDs existing (beyond Hammer but he was dead/hidden) currently, because it was shown they could be stripped of Hakai. So putting another one into play before Sakin was beaten, would basically be serving him up Hakai on a silver platter.

Arx Inosaan

Genesis is doing it too.

This also isn't accurate. Sihn explained to Ishtar there were no GoDs existing (beyond Hammer but he was dead/hidden) currently, because it was shown they could be stripped of Hakai. So putting another one into play before Sakin was beaten, would basically be serving him up Hakai on a silver platter.
    Sakin got the idea from Asha’rah and Hammer, actually, on how to absorb other’s divinity.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM