Page 539 of 719 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549589639 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    How often have you (Ochazuke) ever actually gotten into a conversation with Cyanna? I mean an intelligent discussion about something? How can you know it is odd when you have never taken the time to really get to know her?

Being a bit ADHD doesn't make Cyanna unintelligent.
    1) He asked for her opinion on magic phttp://community.cbr.com/showthread....=1#post4351176 and was ignored. I assure you this question was not one made in bad faith, buy the moment has passed.

2) I'll ask you politely to not put words in my mouth, thank you

How long has it been since Etrina taught Cyanna the basics of Magic? Nothing sudden about it.
    About two to three months in game, maximum based on where in the timeskip we were unless I'm mistaken (and I could be) ; but Etrina never taught her more than the basics.

And Cyanna is offering stuff up on time magic and runic summoning, not light magic.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Now, I'm not saying it's impossible she learned this stuff in two (or a few) months ... but given we've got four spellcasters (Nevanlinna, Etrina, Ishtar, and Held) and a Spellbreaker (Parsley); it would've made some sense if at some point after the initial training with Etrina, Cyanna ... maybe spoke with one of them ?

She didn't, to my knowledge, which is why this sorta seemed 'out of nowhere' as it were.

So hey, if I'm mistaken and this is all well-established in Cyanna's background ... sorry about that ^^"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    1) He asked for her opinion on magic phttp://community.cbr.com/showthread....=1#post4351176 and was ignored. I assure you this question was not one made in bad faith, buy the moment has passed.

2) I'll ask you politely to not put words in my mouth, thank you
    I wasn't putting words in your mouth.

And your comment

Indeed there was a great deal of magic around them. A particular sort which, emenating from the planet core, seemed to serve those who could tap into the localized source. "Think carefully, now. What purpose is there in reaching for a thing you cannot grasp?"
    Honestly, made no sense to me. I had no idea how to respond to it. Can you explain what he meant by reaching fro a thing you can not grasp? What thing?

All Cyanna suggested was that the Elder might have access to the kind of magic that can be useful to them. She wasn't grasping for anything.

I didn't have the time to figure out how to express my confusion in-game

And honestly, I am curious what was the thinking behind that comment? Where was Ochazuke going with it?
    Last edited by Tami; 05-16-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Now, I'm not saying it's impossible she learned this stuff in two (or a few) months ... but given we've got four spellcasters (Nevanlinna, Etrina, Ishtar, and Held) and a Spellbreaker (Parsley); it would've made some sense if at some point after the initial training with Etrina, Cyanna ... maybe spoke with one of them ?

She didn't, to my knowledge, which is why this sorta seemed 'out of nowhere' as it were.

So hey, if I'm mistaken and this is all well-established in Cyanna's background ... sorry about that ^^"
    It's been over a year since Cyanna first learned magic. There was a big time skip during which Meagan and Cyanna spent a lot of time on Chromakai, which was after Etrina and Eva taught Cyanna magic.

It's been over a year since Cyanna first learned magic. There was a big time skip during which Meagan and Cyanna spent a lot of time on Chromakai, which was after Etrina and Eva taught Cyanna magic.
    It's been a year and five days at most. Unless she learned it before the last timeskip; and Cyanna's magic training with Etrina happened during the Timeskip.

Which still doesn't change my underlying point.

Cyanna is talking about magic she didn't learn from Eva, or Etrina; and there's not books on Time Magic or Ancient Summoning magic just lying around. Especially the former, she'd have needed to talk to one of the magic users in the group who know how.

And again, if she did and I missed it, sorry about that.

Arx Inosaan

It's been a year and five days at most. Unless she learned it before the last timeskip; and Cyanna's magic training with Etrina happened during the Timeskip.

Which still doesn't change my underlying point.

Cyanna is talking about magic she didn't learn from Eva, or Etrina; and there's not books on Time Magic or Ancient Summoning magic just lying around. Especially the former, she'd have needed to talk to one of the magic users in the group who know how.

And again, if she did and I missed it, sorry about that.
    You visited the Temple, saw Iris' library. Eva taught her a lot, long distance, but she also self taught herself a lot by reading the books on magic in Iris' vast library.

Once your hooked on a subject, like comic books, you tend to read all you can on them. Cyanna is no different.

... did you just, skip half my post ?

Anyways.

I'd be willing to concede the point on a book about summoning magic, Ishtar did steal exactly that from Fife. But Time Magic has already been established as something that,

1) Gets Zurvan to show up.
    2) Needs express permission from Zurvan to use.

Even Iris, wouldn't have a book on it, unless she wrote the book herself. Which is another set of problems, itself.

Arx Inosaan

... did you just, skip half my post ?

Anyways.

I'd be willing to concede the point on a book about summoning magic, Ishtar did steal exactly that from Fife. But Time Magic has already been established as something that,

1) Gets Zurvan to show up.
    2) Needs express permission from Zurvan to use.

Even Iris, wouldn't have a book on it, unless she wrote the book herself. Which is another set of problems, itself.
    Cyanna mentioned two things 1) Temporal Distortions, whis is what they were talking to Elder Nails about, which is the basis of all these missions they have been going one. There is no secret that Time is a factor in this. 2) that Etrina might know more about it (which, as far as Cyanna knows is probably true).

Then she repeated something she learned either from Jinzi or from school about particles (yes, they teach physics in high school).

So, where is the big magical knowledge you are speaking of?

She also mentioned the sigils. She knows what a sigil is, she has no idea what Elder Nails actually did, but she made a guess that the Sigil had something to do with creating the artifact. It was just a guess, and she could be wrong. But yes, there are books on magical symbols.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-16-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Then she repeated something she learned either from Jinzi or from school about particles (yes, they teach physics in high school).

So, where is the big magical knowledge you are speaking of?
    Cyanna first infers that the device works by tracking time manipulation which to this point is only something that's been done with magic; and then proceeded to compare this to quantum entanglement. Which would take more of an understanding of how the magic itself works, over anything else she's done on that front.

Quantum Entanglement, and more specifically Quantum Mechanics; is also not something generally taught in High-School barring an AP course that touches on the broad strokes. So I'd suggest the source to be Jinzi if you're gonna use that defense.

In any case, I've said my piece. You've responded in kind.

All I've got.

Arx Inosaan

Cyanna first infers that the device works by tracking time manipulation which to this point is only something that's been done with magic; and then proceeded to compare this to quantum entanglement. Which would take more of an understanding of how the magic itself works, over anything else she's done on that front.

Quantum Entanglement, and more specifically Quantum Mechanics; is also not something generally taught in High-School barring an AP course that touches on the broad strokes. So I'd suggest the source to be Jinzi if you're gonna use that defense.

In any case, I've said my piece. You've responded in kind.

All I've got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “An artifact it shall be, then.”

A latticework of arcane sigils and runes are carved midair, Nail chanting and speaking in an old Namekian dialect. After about two minutes, the sigils and runes flare and coalesces into a single item that floats down and lands in Ochazuke’s hand. It is a coal black sphere, roughly half the size of a dragon ball, and it thrums slightly.

A temporal detection device. This.....creature that is kidnapping others hides behind time and space. He cannot with this. No shield may hide him, no barrier protect him, no armor block it’s track. You get close enough and it shall find your foe.”
    Cleric said it himself, before Cyanna did.

Cleric said it himself, before Cyanna did.

You really don't bother reading posts, do you ?

Quantum Entanglement, and more specifically Quantum Mechanics; is also not something generally taught in High-School barring an AP course that touches on the broad strokes.
    It's almost like I know what you're gonna say before you say it.

Arx Inosaan

You really don't bother reading posts, do you ?

It's almost like I know what you're gonna say before you say it.
    Then why bother saying it? If you already know it is sometimes taught in high school, and you don't know what High School education is like on other words in the DBM universe, then what is the point? Admit you made a mistake and move on.

Then why bother saying it? If you already know it is sometimes taught in high school, and you don't know what High School education is like on other words in the DBM universe, then what is the point? Admit you made a mistake and move on.
    I didn't make a mistake, is the thing.

I pointed out the oddity of something, and true to form you got defensive about. If you can't work with others, or even interact with them in the game; what's the point of playing in in ?

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Folks, try to play nice please. We’ve all played RPG’s on the site long enough to know not to bicker/pick at each other or provoke/get overly defensive/gang up on people.

If there is a problem with a character or a post, bring it to me. I think I’ve established I’m pretty good at compromising/listening and trying to solve the issue. Heck, sometimes it’s even my own post or character.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM