Page 80 of 719 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180580 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 10777

Welp, that's it for me, tonight. Seeya tomorrow.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Toadian Biology

sight : Toadians are near sighted on land and far sighted in water, they eyes are highly sensitive to movement so they can notice the slightest of movements. they can tell if something is moving even when far away . they have good depth and movement perception. their bulging eyes allow for almost 360 vison. this allows them to look around without moving.

they have a mirror layer in the back of the eye that let's them reflect light at night. this acts kind of like search light at night. they have difficulty seeing in red light and see best in yellow light. they focus by moving the lens within the eyes. they able to see color even in extreme darkness.

hearing: they have hearing range from 100hz to 10,000hz. they do not have external ears . however they do have eardrums and an inner ear. Their eardrum works like a regular eardrum with one very special adaptation it is actually connected to their lungs.

The lungs vibrate and are almost as sensitive to hearing as the eardrum. this allows them to make really loud sounds without hurting their own eardrums. Their lungs are capable of doing this by equalizing the pressure differences between the outer surface of the eardrum and the inner surface of the eardrum. this is important function that helps them locate where other sounds are coming from.

smell: they can sense chemical changes in the air . not just from their nostrils but from molecules collected on their eyes and skin. their nostrils are primarily for breathing through rather than smell as they breath with their mouths shut. they have a smell organ on their tongue that detects food.

they are able to detect chemicals in water and in air simultaneously . they do this by putting their nostrils just above the water’s surface.

Taste: Toadians aren't very fussy eaters. however they do have sensitive taste buds. they can sense bitter, sweet, sour and salty. they eat a variety of planets and insects.

Touch: they can detect temperature, pressure touch and pain. they have The lateral line receptors that allow them to detect vibrations through water.

Skin: their skin is water permeable. this means it let's water in and out. Toadians often drink by absorbing water though their skin. they have a pouch on their bellies which is design for water absorption. They absorb through capillary action from water or a moist surface.

they have a huge variety of skin colors and patterns. they can change the color of their skin to change their heat absorption rate. this allows them to control their body temperature. the pattern of their skin can help them camouflage. they regularly shed their skin, and in dry environments they can use their skin as a as a cocoon to keep in water.

their skin is important for both drinking and breathing. Toadians must keep their skin moist so that oxygen can pass easily though their skin. they secret a mucus that helps keep their skin moist. unlike the common frogs found on earth they skin doesn't dry out easily.

they don't lose moisture as quickly. still in a pinch they can rely on dew for moisture, or burrow underground into moist soil. about once a week Toadians shed their skin. unlike earth frogs Toadians do not eat their own skin. rather their use their skin to manufacture clothing.

like wish the mucus that helps moist their skin also makes their skin both a conductor and insulator for electricity.

cling to walls: Toadians can cling to objects by van der Waals force . van der Waals forces are distance-dependent interactions between atoms or molecules. Toadians have pads on their feet and hands with many microscopic hairs. this increase the Van der Waals forces between their feet or hands and a surface.

Toadians have more stickiness than a Gecko. this stickiness allows them to cling with to objects such as walls with out have a large surface area. they have a van der Waals interaction ten times that of a gecko. their is 9 times more surface area on their fingers and toes than they need to stick to walls.

they can hold their whole body weight on wall by just using three fingers. however since van der walls forces work on the scale of nanometers . any thing that covers their hands and feet even if it's very thin will interfere with that interaction. same goes for a electric field. however this only counts for a electric field that is a external.

normally a electric field would not interfere with a Toadians ability to climb, but if said electric field is a external one it will interfere with a Toadian's ability to stick to things.

Inflation: Toadians can increase the size of their muscles and bones by inflating themselves. this does not increase their power level it just makes them look bigger than they actually are. their skin is highly elastic. they inflate themselves with poison gas they keep inside small poison sacs.

tongue: Toadians Tongues are ultra soft shock absorbers. this makes their tongues highly resilient to impacts. their tongues are very strong and are more than capable of support a Toadian's entire body weight. their tongues don't have the same amount of stickiness that their hands and feet do.

so to get around this Toadians have a saliva that is a non-Newtonian fluid. That means it can behave as both a liquid and a solid. This unusual combination of tongue and saliva allows a Toadians tongue to stick to things. their tongue stretches out like a bungee cord.

When a Toadians tongue smacks into something he saliva becomes more liquid and spreads into all the cracks and crevices of the thing it touches. as a Toadian retracts their tongue , their saliva a thickens, making it harder for something to separate itself from their tongue. they tongues have good electric conductivity and good thermal insulation.

the length of a Toadian's tongue is near 50 feet at max. the tongue is very flexible & malleable .

Poison sacs: Toadians have small sacs located throughout various parts of their body in use they used to store poison from certain poisonous insects they eat.

Poison: when inflate Toadians can spew out Poisonous gas. doing so causes them to deflate. the poisonous gas they spew causes vertigo and hallucinations otherwise it's not actually lethal.

regeneration : Toadians are able to regenerate their eyes if damage. they can regenerating a limbs at the elbow and knee joints. Toadians regeneration is consider to be intermediate and pales to the regeneration capability of a . Replita. Humans would have what would be consider to be on the low end of regeneration.

more in depth look at the Toadian skin color.

like said before Toadian skin comes in a Varity of colors and patterns with Green and black spots being most common color pattern and Golden and white spots being the rarest color pattern. as said earlier they can change the color of their skin to change their heat absorption rate. however there's more to it than that. Toadians have what are called Chromatophores .

these are specialized cells also found in common Earth Frogs that contain or produce pigments or reflect light in order to display certain colors. Toadians befit from this the same way earth frogs do in a number of ways. ranging from maintain their body temperature , avoiding detection by changing their color and pattern to match with their surroundings viva Dynamic Camouflage. do so allows them to avoid optical perception.

in hot to very hot temperatures the Toadian with the common green skin with black spots will changed their skin color pattern to neon green with light grey spots. in cold and very cold temperatures the Toadian with the common green skin with black spots will change their skin color pattern to Shamrock Green with black spots. changed make the shade of their skin darker during cold and very cold temperatures allows they body to absorb more heat. so it keeps their bodies warm while change the shade of their skin to a lighter shade keeps their bodies cool.

however Dynamic Camouflage and maintain their temperature aren't the only things that effect a Toadians color. the Color or Color Pattern of a Toadian's skin can also be effect by their mood. yes a Toadian skin color will change depend on their mood. for example the Toadian with the common Green skin with black spots.

Toadians can so case a complex variety of emotions though changing their skin color , but like humans the emotions of Toadians can be broken down to just 4 expressions or in this case color expressions .

basic emotions for Toadians are

1. happiness ( skin color apple green through various shades of green )

2. sadness ( skin color blue through various shades of blue)

3 fear/surprise ( skin color banana yellow through various shades of yellow. )

4 anger / Disgust ( Skin color flame red through various shades of red. )

the ancestors of both Toadians and Replitas on the evolutionary time line.

the Newtarian

info: prior before Toadians and Replitas came into being on Planet Qacriea there were the Newtarian a species that look like a cross between the Toadians and Replitas. this species was very primitive even by Replita standards. the habits these creatures live in had a effect on their evolution chain. the ones who live in the swampy areas of Qacriea eventually evolved into the Toadians as the climate change , and the ones living in the dry hot climates of Qacriea eventually evolved into the Replitas.

these evolutions happen in the course of 10,000 years. the Qacriea the Newtarian live on was must different than the Qacriea the Toadians and Replitas live on now.

note: both Toadians and Replitas are the evolutionary descendants of beings called Newtarian and thus share nearly the same DNA. however their don't share the same gene regulatory mechanisms. these mechanisms is what makes Toadians and Replitas different from each other.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-24-2018 at 02:47 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Ah....oops.....
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

man as Toadian , Praxat can't do facial expressions . as Toadians lack facial muscles. so the only way her emotions can be express is by her changing her skin color or by body Language which involves using mostly using her tongue.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Don't have time for long posts or much detail.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

It occurs to me this is the third or fourth archaeological expedition Ochazuke's been on. Neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar still needs to punch her boi Ochazuke. We need to make that happen period.
    One of these days!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Despite Bluetrina's best efforts, we have our Girls With Guns.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

like humans the emotions of Toadians can be broken down to just 4 expressions or in this case Color expressions .

basic emotions for Toadians are

1. happiness ( skin color apple green through various shades of green )

2. sadness ( skin color blue through various shades of blue)

3 fear/surprise ( skin color banana yellow through various shades of yellow. )

4 anger / Disgust ( Skin color flame red through various shades of red. )

one more thing Praxat currently has in her possession a Big Freaking Gun

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-18-2018 at 10:32 PM.
    My Forum check it out

special info on Praxat

Praxat has Ornithophobia which is the abnormal and irrational fear of birds.
    My Forum check it out

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Despite Bluetrina's best efforts, we have our Girls With Guns.
    Haven't catch up on the thread yet, but I will be disappointed if Parsley hasn't thrown Etrin-B at the birds with Kratos equivalent of a "pull your weight boy".

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Haven't catch up on the thread yet, but I will be disappointed if Parsley hasn't thrown Etrin-B at the birds with Kratos equivalent of a "pull your weight boy".
    Hm now there's an idea
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Former Guardian of Praxat's home world Qacriea

Doxal Eppikor

age at death: 900 thousand years old

race / species : Newtarian

appearance:

background: Doxal was the last of his kind and was the former guardian of Qacriea . he watch and took care of Qacriea ever since he was made it's Guardian so long ago. unaffected by the evolutionary process he once his own race slowly evolved into two separate species the Toadians and the Replitas. leaving him as the only Newtarian left.

he had a good life managed to live well for 900 thousand years before he passed away. at the same time he passed away the planet that Zykona and Demjir come from was wipe out along with nearly their entire race. thus all three intertwined by fate. Zykona and Demjir became replacements for Doxal as the Guardians of Qacriea.

when he passed away. records of Doxal's life are buried deep within the oldest places on Qacriea.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-21-2018 at 03:31 PM.
    My Forum check it out

The Lizard Guardian is older than mortal life in U15. Might want to edit that.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

edit his Doxal profile so now that he's 500 thousand years old.

note : I adjust the Newtarians evolution in to the Toadians and Replitas take place at 100 thousand years. which happens to be around the range of human evolution. Doxal just needs to be old enough to have watch his species evolved into two separate species . shorten the evolution timeline between Newtarians and their evolutionary descendants the Toadians and Replitas should allow for this.

Note: 2 technically Doxal is amphibian since he's a newt type alien and newts are amphibians not reptiles.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-19-2018 at 04:14 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Still too high.

IIRC, life in U15 was created less than 15,000 years ago.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan