Page 714 of 719 FirstFirst ... 214614664704710711712713714715716717718 ... LastLast
Results 10,696 to 10,710 of 10777
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Can you clear some PM space, bossman?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Can you clear some PM space, bossman?
    Cleared some up.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Cleared some up.
    Thanks
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ultra Instinct: For six years, with the help of her teachers - Parsley, Ochazuke, and Zaofan - Sarada had been working toward a goal to perfect the art of fighting purely off muscle memory. Little did she know that she had unwittingly been tapping into a technique inherent to and perfected by a race of creatures called Angels. Ultra Instinct is its name and its regard as one of, if not the ultimate martial technique. The body moves without input from the mind, eliminating the precious time wasted with thinking then reacting. This vastly increases her reaction time, reflexes, and speed. It also comes with a variety of other perks.
    • Reflexive Evasion: Sarada can predict exactly how her opponent will react, and thus already have her evasive maneuver in motion by the time said action is put in play.
    • Offensive Intuition: She is able to intuitively detect weak-points in her opponents body/defense, allowing her to strike with maximum efficiency.
    • Essential Celerity: Essential Celerity is the gradual boost in her speed over the lifetime of the battle. Her speed only increases as needed,
    • Whetting Stone: Whetting Stone refers to the sharpening of her hand to hand skills. As the fight progresses, her strikes become faster, stronger, and sharper. Whetting Stone doesn't increase her overall strength, but greatly improves her striking power.
    • Seamless Transition: Seamless Transition is her body’s ability to fluidly transition between attacking and defending. The transitions happen so seamlessly that it's difficult, if not impossible, to sense them.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Whelp.

Guess this one ends as a one player game.

Ohh, trust me, I have plenty left.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

To my view, these current circumstances feel like they're reaching to force a moment instead of building up to it.

There has been very little, if any, interactions with my characters as 'teachers' to inform this sudden realization - especially recently - or any progression in the flow of current events that would inform Sarada coming out of it like this, other than the character plan. There's not much of an arc to it or any buildup. If anything, Sarada's course has always been more 'I will get it because I already taught myself' with her interpretation of events twisting to suit this view so she doesn't actually need to learn anything.

This is also a repetition of what Ochazuke just did with the Heka Flow to restore Sarada. That she can suddenly also just use it, while purposely skirting interaction with him, is offputting, considering.

Mechanically this doesn't make sense either, as if anything these are the components for the "God Ritual" that took place maybe a few hours ago in-game.

Why didn't she reach Ultra Instinct during either of these times?

As it is, it comes off as Sarada is spamming Heka, an ability she doesn't have, that even Parsley couldn't figure out, which is grounded in being selfless to use as a basis for an ability that translates to "The Secret of the Self Centred" by spamming an NPC powerbase.

Thematically, spamming Heka, leveraging the faith of others for selfish ambitions, is something nobody should be doing if they are opposed to Sakin.

I guess it would resonate more as a capstone to a character arc if the words backed up the actions and if there was any engagement with player characters prior to the lipservice. It's not keeping in with a 'light our desperate hour' vibe, but coasting through to the finish on easy mode while asking everyone to acknowledge it. As much as I advocate for collaboration, I'm perturbed that this isn't reciprocated.

Regardless, I'm going to take a bit of time to cool down before the next response.
    Last edited by grampagen; 10-30-2022 at 09:48 AM.

Fair criticisms. You're right, I could have a should have handled it all better than I did. I was so focused on my other storylines that this one fell to the wayside until it was too late, even though this was supposed to be her main one. I knew it was happening in the background, but failed to give any indication to anyone else that it was and didn't give anyone a reason to care.

As for the lack of collab, you're right again. I won't make excuses for that. Sorry.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Fair criticisms. You're right, I could have a should have handled it all better than I did. I was so focused on my other storylines that this one fell to the wayside until it was too late, even though this was supposed to be her main one. I knew it was happening in the background, but failed to give any indication to anyone else that it was and didn't give anyone a reason to care.

As for the lack of collab, you're right again. I won't make excuses for that. Sorry.
    At any rate, the cat's out of the bag already, so it is what it is now. Just going to roll with it.

Next post is yours, I'll be waiting.

Let's go, Sakin.

I apologize for the delay. This next post is an important/long one, so I’ve been trying to write it well.

I will hopefully have it up today.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Oh man, you weren't kidding. I'll try to get a reply up ASAP. 0_o;

In the meantime, going to bring this post to your attention, mostly out of curiosity of where this angle was going:

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "All of this trouble just to tip the scales in your favor and yet it all comes crumbling down like so much fragile glass..."

He had been sleeping a lot lately; couldn't even remember getting on a ship nonetheless where and what they all had been doing. It appeared things had been handled pretty well in his absence, but it was time for him to awaken. Stepping out from the battered Coldlight, Charco managed to get a few meaty cracks from his neck as he moved it side to side.

"With all the hype, I was expecting the big bad guy to be more... impressive?"

After all, his lineage and fate had been altered just to face this guy and the Angel wasn't stirring up any emotion other than disappointment. Although he didn't know the details, he sensed enough to get the general idea that Sakin had some control over the planet they were on, albeit not as much as the Angel had been hoping now.

"Whatever... it doesn't matter..."

Fishing into his pocket, he withdrew a small, credit-card-shaped object from it, his thumb against a small indentation on the top, parting the device's cover to show a red button. The doctors back on Earth had devised this invention and he couldn't recall whether he had actually tested it or not, but there was only one way to find out.

"A wise man once said: "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.". I plan to do a lot more than punching, though..."

Pressing the button, Charco ceased to be, parted from reality if only for a few moments.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Oh man, you weren't kidding. I'll try to get a reply up ASAP. 0_o;

In the meantime, going to bring this post to your attention, mostly out of curiosity of where this angle was going:
    Yun has plans. Just a funny quirk that both our moves had reality as a mainstay.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Apologies, all.

(Over)work, then covid, then more (over)work has occupied my time as of late.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Cleric, are you prepping something, or are you waiting for a specific player to respond before proceeding?

Like I don't mind waiting, but it's kinda hard to gauge what Sackthorn can actually do by just staring at him.