Page 697 of 719 FirstFirst ... 197597647687693694695696697698699700701707 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,455 of 10777
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Cleric, how many in-game years have passed since the game started?
    Hmm, I’ll be honest I’m not entirely sure.

Roughly as many years as between the Raditz Saga and the Android/Cell Saga.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Hmm, I’ll be honest I’m not entirely sure.

Roughly as many years as between the Raditz Saga and the Android/Cell Saga.
    According to the timeline, there's six years between raditz and cell.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Here's a timeline of my personal side-quests and joint ones with other players, for the sake of keeping all this **** straight haha. If you want me to add your stuff to it and make it the official timeline, let me know.

• Month 1
      • DBM Tundra
      • Parsley and Avoca meet with Night
      • Inanna slain by Cleos in Otherwold
    • Month 2
      • Parsley and Ochazuke confront Soul Meister in Otherworld; solve parasite mystery
    • Month 3
    • Month 4
    • Month 5
    • Month 6
    • Month 7
      • Tiamat undoes The Judges murders; gives a pair of visions of the future
      • Construction of Saiyan throne world begins
      • Saiyan Day celebration
      • Parsley and Etrina travel to U16 to train under Caliban
    • Month 8
      • Fusion training
      • Slak creates dragonballs for the Saiyans, Houlong
      • Houlong revives Saiyans lost in Tundra's invasion; gives vision of Ulthan's intentions
    • Month 9
    • Month 10
      • Construction of New Vocado City complete; Sarada opened to inhabitants
    • Month 11
      • Team building on Ruco
    • Month 12
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 08-19-2021 at 12:59 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Month 1 is when Inanna was killed so there's that.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Month 1 is when Inanna was killed so there's that.
    I'll add it to the list ;_;
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Recent happenings have lit a fire under my ass and have forced me to streamline some things.

Earth 2.0 patchnotes are being uploaded. Please stand by and enjoy this peripherally related Macross Plus clip.

Awesome posts, GG!
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OK, I think that'll about do it for the exposition. Supplemental writeups on the Big Ghetti Star, Ringworld Earth and the EDF, and the various technobabble will come gradually.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Awesome posts, GG!
    Please let me know if I've overstepped any bounds. I know we PM'd about this, but man was that a while ago.

Regardless this takes Ochazuke and Zaofan to a place in the plot where more immediate happenings might reach them. I suppose if anyone wants to interact with either of them in the late month 7/month 8 period, we can now make it happen without me going nuts and spinning my wheels in the past.

Cleric check you Pms.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I'd like to have Zaofan do a little inquiry on Reshlan, pressing his knightly duties and such, but I may have done enough freewheeling for a while.

Ramza, if there's anything Nevanlinna related we might collab on, I'll follow your lead on that front.

Astonishing Member

Stop glaring at me Cleric!

I'm drafting a post!

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Stop glaring at me Cleric!

I'm drafting a post!
    It begins soon, Miburo.

The beginning…….of the end.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Praxat doing offscreen training.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Default Earth 2.0

The Earth as a Spacefaring Civilization

Satellite network, orbital ring, moon base

Under the direction of President Jinzi Pantaloon and engineered by the considerable technological prowess of the Big Ghetti Star, Planet Earth has received substantial upgrades in its infrastucture in order to aid in its inhabitants and provide the foundations for space travel, joining the civilizations of the wider galaxy as a player on the universal stage.

Orbital Elevator

Orbital Elevator at the Artificial Island.

The first point of business to get Earth up to speed was to accelerate the movement of freight to and from orbit. Built upon an artificial island in West Ocean, the Oribital Elevator's main tethers are comprized of reinforced graphene extrusions and, its surface absorbs both solar energy and its structure captures the perpetual motion of the Earth's own rotation. Supporting a series of mechanical lifts that move materials into the stratosphere at an increased rate, this conserves a considerable amount of fuel and energy for launching crafts.

Paired with a twin elevator-and-station setup rooted at Charlie Base, these elevators provide the foundations for the Orbital Ring that surrounds the Earth.

Orbital Ring

Orbital Ring Habitation Area

Surrounding the planet's circumference. suspended by maglev and mechanical skyhooks, the Orbital Ring is a structure modelled after the Capsule Corporation Geofront prototype located in Capital City. combining nanotechnology with organic molecules captured by the Big Ghetti Star, this has created the foundation for developing of a closed-loop, self sustaining habitat. The increase of arable land supplements the food supply on earth and the EDF garrison stationed in orbital bases and shipyards that dot its circumference, ready to mobilize at a moment's notice.
    Last edited by grampagen; 09-20-2021 at 09:32 PM.

The Earth Defense Force (EDF)

EDF Flag (source: onesangheili )

With full knowledge of the threat to come, Ochazuke consulted the Masters of the Ten Schools and the other major houses of Earth's legacy martial arts to address an underlying issue of their homeworld, that the power of ki - and other similar disciplines, such as magic - had not been accepted by the public at large. Though Capsule Industries' innovations with the World Government Military has given them a great deal in terms of technology, the equalizer for threats to the planet would have to come innately, and so a joint initiative with the conventional forces was created immediately. Calling on the assistance of Aiko Fukuhara's advocacy through the Thousand Wings Foundation, her leadership of the Crane School, and a joint venture with Alfredo Bedlam in New Anvil City called the Unlimited Class Grappler's League (UCGL), the infrastructure for locating ki-adepts had been laid. Combined with Samson Balon's teachings at the New Dragon Temple, many masters of various arts were consolidated to train a number of humans for the fight to come. Those that pass a certain threshold of mastery and commitment are then sent to the Orbital Ring to train under Commander Kenshiko's tutelage, and become the preemptive line of defense for the little blue planet.

Armaments

When the Big Ghetti Star was employed to design the changes in spacefaring infrastructure, it ingested everything that had fallen into Earth's stratosphere in the past years of conflict, tapping into fragments of First Race Ships and other vessels employed by The Doctor and the GP and Saiyan ordinance entrusted to President Grinthorn. Through copious reverse-engineering, there is an intense network of drones, satellites and shielding protecting the Orbital Ring structures and the planet below. Joint operations with the Saiyans resume on the Moon Base after the handover.

Units

The needs of space structure maintenance and the new challenges of zero gravity have called for a craft that can launch from and fight on any terrain. Based on Red Raider designs including Willa Rautt's own Crimson, a mobilized mech fighter that can change from aeronautic, to mechanoid, and in-between was created in the CC-19 Mobile Infantry Fighter. Capable of Air-to-Space mobilization and maneuvers, the CC-19 is capable of sustaining maneuvers well in excess of conventional aircraft and space shuttles

The Zero System

To try and bridge the gap between the training of fighter pilots and the rigorous physical prowess of ki-adepts, Capsule Industries has begun to prototype a piloting system that would reduce the amount of training needed in order to mobilize a manned fighter. Called the Zero System after a boast that "we could potentially create pilots with zero training," it uses energy tethers sourced from the Big Ghetti Star's energy siphons to empower a circuitry that runs off of a pilot's ki. Applied over a vessel's superstructure, it would theoretically remove the need for conventional piloting interfaces with the goal of producing the speed of a trained warriors perception scaled up to a spacecraft that could keep up with his mind.

Unfortunately, the neural load required to effectively implement this was impaired. Pilots used to conventional maneuvers experienced over-stimulation in their attempts to move one-to-one with their crafts, while ki-adept fighters experienced a phenomenon of 'ghosting', where they felt their tactile maneuvers come to fruition, but it was as if their minds moved too fast for the machines. The project has so far not produced a viable success, save for a single prototype.

Starship Gotengo

Length: 300 m
    Weight: 88,000 tonnes (full load)
    Armaments: Maser cannon, Wave Motion Engine, Vulcan guns, Chaff shells, Super X Resonant Shielding
    Auxiliary Craft: CC-19 fighters, Nevadian outrunners, lifeboats.

An experimental starship combining Nevadian Navigator designs with Jinzi Pantaloon's innovations, the Gotengo is in effect Ochazuke's personalized spacefaring vessel. Using the Zero System combined with his Battle Meditation, he can operate the vessel at full capacity with a skeleton crew. Capable of warp speed and utilizing the folded space of Nevadian Stargate technology, while it has seen its maiden voyages as an ambassador vessel to the worlds on the Guardian Network, though untested it is more than capable of holding its own in a fight.

Its distinctive bow drill is the capstone of the vessel. Composed of Super Katchin alloy that can conduct the energy of its crew, it is a unique technological marvel in that it is designed to gather and project energy through its Wave Motion Engine. Channeled through its Maser cannon, it can shunt and displace the kinetic energies of a hostile vessel, effectively freezing it in place. Used as a conduit for its primary pilot and crewmen, the drill provides a medium for various and, as of yet, unconventional maneuvers.
    Last edited by grampagen; 09-20-2021 at 10:45 PM.