Page 524 of 719 FirstFirst ... 24424474514520521522523524525526527528534574624 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 10777
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

PM box is open.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Hey Tami, Just wanted to throw this by you for clarifications sake.

- Is limited to energy levels less than or equal to the maximum level of energy (ki, etc.) that she can control through all other means (Kaio-ken, etc.) [Generally about 12x her power level].

Does this mean she can negate attacks up to 12x her PL without powering up to that PL? Or "while" shes at that PL?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Kaioken probably wont work with it. Too chaotic that flare of power.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

My thought was that, whatever amount of maximum power her body can handle from a Power Boost of any kind, is the amount of power she can affect with the Third Eye. It's that simple. Many of the others get temporary power boosts from one thing or another, Meagan does as well.

So I am taking that number, whatever her maximum power boost is, from any and all sources, as a measure-stick to determine at what point the Third Eye's power overwhelms her, at what point it becomes too much for her to handle. .

She isn't using the Third Eye with these Power Boosts. It's just a way of determining how much her body can handle, and how much energy her Third Eye Can handle if she pushes it.

Last edited by Tami; 03-23-2019 at 10:21 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Hey Tami, Just wanted to throw this by you for clarifications sake.

- Is limited to energy levels less than or equal to the maximum level of energy (ki, etc.) that she can control through all other means (Kaio-ken, etc.) [Generally about 12x her power level].

Does this mean she can negate attacks up to 12x her PL without powering up to that PL? Or "while" shes at that PL?
    The Third Eye, she doesn't have to power up to use it, it has it's own external power source. But the energy it controls does require her to be physically and mentally able to deal with it. It is kind of like magic, in that the eye controls an outside power but that her mind and body have to be able to handle that power.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The Third Eye, she doesn't have to power up to use it, it has it's own external power source. But the energy it controls does require her to be physically and mentally able to deal with it. It is kind of like magic, in that the eye controls an outside power but that her mind and body have to be able to handle that power.
    The thing is......It's operating on full Kaio-ken level power. The same power that (and correct me if I'm wrong) starts to actively destroy your body at that level of power.
    Kaio-ken shouldn't be used as a dip stick to mark her theoretical limit because its going over her limit

So for all intent and purpose, her PL is x12 her normal for the purposes of attack, and defense at no cost.

Alright then.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I require a muffin button.

No. Two.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So for all intent and purpose, her PL is x12 her normal for the purposes of attack, and defense at no cost.

Alright then.
    X10, and that is the same as the max Kaio-ken she has done. And yeah, there is a cost, it puts a significant strain on her body. At that level she can only maintain it for a short time. More than likely, as with her other boost, she isn't likely to much above x4.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The thing is......It's operating on full Kaio-ken level power. The same power that (and correct me if I'm wrong) starts to actively destroy your body at that level of power.
    Kaio-ken shouldn't be used as a dip stick to mark her theoretical limit because its going over her limit
    As I just said, that is a maximum upper limit. One that she rarely uses and that puts a significant strain on her body when she does. Most days the Eye never takes on more than x2 of her power. It can handle x4 without too much strain, after that it get's harder and harder.

As I just said, that is a maximum upper limit. One that she rarely uses and that puts a significant strain on her body when she does. Most days the Eye never takes on more than x2 of her power. It can handle x4 without too much strain, after that it get's harder and harder.
    How about adding a post limit to how often it can be used and how many times it can be used in a row?

This is Sarada's power boost

Power Level:

Resting: 750,000
    Aka Manah (Combat Boost): 1,325,000
    Oozaru: 7,550,000 (13,250,000)
    For Meagan

Resting power is 750,000
    Kaio-ken x4 is 3,000,000
    Kaio-ken x10 is 7,500,000
    Additional Boosts might bring that up a little as well, but not by much

The Third Eye, comfortably, can handle energy equivalent to the output of someone at 3,000,000
    If pushed, it can handle as much as 7,500,000

That still doens't bring her even close to what Sarada (and possibly Parsley and Totoma) can do.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    How about adding a post limit to how often it can be used and how many times it can be used in a row?
    There is something like that already in the bio post. I need a little leaway as I figure out what works best fro this ability. But you won't see her use it for extended periods of time. even an hour woudl be pushing it. More like a few minutes. She will resues it if she is using it a alow level. There are many factors invovled.

It's liek working out with weights. If you use 5lbs weights you can easily ro multiple reps and still come back later to do more. If you use 20 or 30 lbs weighst, you are going to do less with them, unless you are already very strong.

So, yeah, think of it like weights. She uses lower level weights normally, and as such as she can use it more than once a day. If she were to push herself and go for higher weights, she'd use it less often and for short period so of time.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

This is Sarada's power boost

For Meagan

Resting power is 750,000
    Kaio-ken x4 is 3,000,000
    Kaio-ken x10 is 7,500,000
    Additional Boosts might bring that up a little as well, but not by much

The Third Eye, comfortably, can handle energy equivalent to the output of someone at 3,000,000
    If pushed, it can handle as much as 7,500,000

That still doens't bring her even close to what Sarada (and possibly Parsley and Totoma) can do.
    To be fair, the Oozaru has drawbacks. They can end at any point (when the moon is destroyed, when their tail is cut off, etc), and when it does end, Sarada has no stamina left.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    To be fair, the Oozaru has drawbacks. They can end at any point (when the moon is destroyed, when their tail is cut off, etc), and when it does end, Sarada has no stamina left.
    The eye has limits also, as I've said. Which is why she rarely uses it and when she does, it's very briefly.