Extraordinary Member

Default Tomura Shigaraki vs. Ryomen Sukuna

I figured that both of these recent manga/anime antagonists are the midst of their respective final battles. So it's pretty good time to toss them at one another to see who comes out on top. And the discussion can kinda evolve as the manga battles go on.

Shigaraki: He has his perfected superhuman body and all the quirks he's displayed since his awakening. Tomura is in charge rather than All For One. For this battle he can see curses and interact with curses as well as jujutsu sorcerers.

Sukuna: He starts out as he did during his battle against Gojo. So he has his own abilities, the Ten Shadows and the ability to incarnate to his original body. He'll also have the cursed tool Kamutoke.

The battle takes place in Tokyo.

Which villain wins?
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 01-23-2024 at 02:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like Sukuna will land first blood, with his domain, but of Shigaraki manages to touch the ground then the domain would get destroyed fairly quickly.

I suppose it's a question of whether Sukuna can deal enough damage to power through Shigaraki's regeneration

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I feel like Sukuna will land first blood, with his domain, but of Shigaraki manages to touch the ground then the domain would get destroyed fairly quickly.

I suppose it's a question of whether Sukuna can deal enough damage to power through Shigaraki's regeneration
    I would generally agree with this. In the arena they would most likely both go for their big murder moves, aka Malevolent Shrine and Decay. Decay needs to travel a bit to reach Sukuna and his shrine while Malevolent Shrine just targets everything within its AoE at once.

The best feats for Sukuna's domain is shredding all the buildings in a large part of Shibuya when he activated it, and softening up Mahoraga.

So let's check Shiggy's durability and healing.

- Endeavor managed a feat similar to Sukuna's, just smaller in scale. He sliced up the top of a skyscraper. Shigaraki, without his healing active, tanked multiple hits from those flames (and other stuff) with superficial damage at most.
    - Star used multiple combined laser beams to pin Shiggy to the sea floor. It's strong enough to hold him down and evaporates the sea water around him but his healing is basically negating any of the continuous damage being done to him.
    - His healing is strong enough to quickly regenerate limbs.

With that in mind I think he'd be able to withstand Malevolent Shrine long enough for Decay to destroy it. At that point Sukuna would have to use his other arsenal to figure out a way to beat Shiggy, unless he's able to dismiss his domain before Shiggy breaks it.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 01-24-2024 at 05:28 AM.