Page 448 of 719 FirstFirst ... 348398438444445446447448449450451452458498548 ... LastLast
Results 6,706 to 6,720 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    There we go.

Though I wonder at how Rex was able to eat a GoD in the first place. Would you point me to the relevant post?
    I have not yet written out the lore story for it, but it was stated in Yucatan's profile.

The major jist of it is, Yucatan's personality allowed Rex to close the gap in power before consuming him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Sakin got the idea from Asha’rah and Hammer, actually, on how to absorb other’s divinity.
    Yep.

Which is part of Ishtar's point.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Genesis is doing it too.

This also isn't accurate. Sihn explained to Ishtar there were no GoDs existing (beyond Hammer but he was dead/hidden) currently, because it was shown they could be stripped of Hakai. So putting another one into play before Sakin was beaten, would basically be serving him up Hakai on a silver platter.
    It was shown to be *possible* to strip a GoD of Hakai, and Hammer claimed to have figured out a way. He may or may not have shared that information. But mortals don't just become gods out of the blue, and gods figuring out ways to cannibalize each other's power is a very different prospect from mortals somehow gaining Hakai.

It was shown to be *possible* to strip a GoD of Hakai, and Hammer claimed to have figured out a way. He may or may not have shared that information. But mortals don't just become gods out of the blue, and gods figuring out ways to cannibalize each other's power is a very different prospect from mortals somehow gaining Hakai.
    I mean a mortal kinda did, even if it was watered down. To say nothing of what Genesis is up to.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Somehow, Karine made it to the ceremony.

No doubt the result of Tasure powering her way through the chaff just so she could troll Totoma by putting certain ideas in Kari's head.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Somehow, Karine made it to the ceremony.

No doubt the result of Tasure powering her way through the chaff just so she could troll Totoma by putting certain ideas in Kari's head.
    Tasure: There's all kinds of muffins there ... but not yours. Just think of what Totoma might do !
    Karine: I'm going to kill him.
    Tasure: Good girl, let's go.

Arx Inosaan

I mean a mortal kinda did, even if it was watered down. To say nothing of what Genesis is up to.
    The stars aligned for Rex apparently, and he still got a bb-gun rather than a shotgun. If Rex manages to become a universal threat, it's not going to be because of Ghost Hakai carrying him to that level.

Genesis is absorbing Kamis is he not? Kamis are like a halfway point between gods and mortals. They're blessed with divine ki, but they have neither Creation energy nor Hakai. Under the usual circumstances he'd have been shut down by godly intervention by now.

The stars aligned for Rex apparently, and he still got a bb-gun rather than a shotgun. If Rex manages to become a universal threat, it's not going to be because of Ghost Hakai carrying him to that level.

Genesis is absorbing Kamis is he not? Kamis are like a halfway point between gods and mortals. They're blessed with divine ki, but they have neither Creation energy nor Hakai. Under the usual circumstances he'd have been shut down by godly intervention by now.
    Genesis stole creation energy, and Hammer's arms. She's not after Kami. She was also the one who got the drop on Sihn, and Zurvan during their fight with Stine, and Hammer ... and as far as we know she's a mortal.

Arx Inosaan

Genesis stole creation energy, and Hammer's arms. She's not after Kami. She was also the one who got the drop on Sihn, and Zurvan during their fight with Stine, and Hammer ... and as far as we know she's a mortal.
    Ah. I stand corrected. I do not know enough about Genesis to comment on her particular circumstances. Suffice to say that gaining Creation energy or Hakai is not a simple thing, and I think besides the point either way. Ishtar called Asha'rah a hypocrite for not liking an abuse of time mechanics when she herself abused the balance between creation and destruction. This would be a strong and valid critique if the underlying facts supposed were true, but they're not. Whether power can be abused by mortals or not is quite irrelevant to Asha'rah's priorities.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

By the way, Jack has totally gotten a bowl of the soup, Zaofan.

He’s sneaky like that.

How many you got left?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

By the way, Jack has totally gotten a bowl of the soup, Zaofan.

He’s sneaky like that.

How many you got left?
    Well, of course I think that's it, if Erosa and Ochazuke accept their gifts. But Erosa's a gamble.

There were enough for seven bowls. We have:

- Zaofan
    - Etrina
    - Dash
    - Charco
    - Jack
    - Erosa (pending)
    - Ochazuke (pending)

How'd Reimi get passed the Chaff ?

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

How'd Reimi get passed the Chaff ?
    Ehh, she was already there on Earth most likely.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Ehh, she was already there on Earth most likely.
    Yep, that's it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Soo....with thoughts to the future.....what horrible alternate timelines yall think we'll be stumbling into soon enough.

Sure we know one...but that leaves five more. (Though admittedly, they won't be as bad as god Ishtars one according to Zurvan)