Page 27 of 719 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127527 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    I meant in the sense that Karine wouldn't be ready to have them until a few years from now, lol.

He's not going to skip out on his home being in danger unless he's occupied with, well, superheroics or something.
    Ah well, the Super Frost Demon might just do it. Call him Rumraisin.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ah well, the Super Frost Demon might just do it. Call him Rumraisin.
    ...rumraisin?
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

...rumraisin?
    Yea, cuz it's an evil ice cream, and he/she is a Freezer.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

...rumraisin?
    CoR, Master of Ancient languages and Sacred Names.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Yea, cuz it's an evil ice cream, and he/she is a Freezer.
    That's not the most evil of Ice Creams. This is: Pistachio Chocolate Coffee Ice Cream

All ice cream is evil....unless reformed into a milkshake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That's not the most evil of Ice Creams. This is: Pistachio Chocolate Coffee Ice Cream
    That sounds pretty tasty actually.

Arx Inosaan

I should really have Totoma show up or something, but... to be honest...

...can't be arsed.

After that whole Kami mindfix thing, I just don't enjoy writing him as much as I did.
    I suppose that is the issue with continuing to write a 'solved' character, but all the same, as much weight as the current events have for Sarada - and Parsley - the buildup towards the encounter with Jagam was the cornerstone of Totoma's narrative arc, and it'd be a shame if that never reaches a resolution.

I mean, petty as it might be, perhaps he'd have a moment where the old rivalry with Sarada gets his blood boiling, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    I suppose that is the issue with continuing to write a 'solved' character, but all the same, as much weight as the current events have for Sarada - and Parsley - the buildup towards the encounter with Jagam was the cornerstone of Totoma's narrative arc, and it'd be a shame if that never reaches a resolution.

I mean, petty as it might be, perhaps he'd have a moment where the old rivalry with Sarada gets his blood boiling, I dunno.

Yeah, you have a point. It would be like everyone going to Chroma, except Meagan. That would have been very pointless.

It's more like .. Jagam's coming to Earth because that's where he heard Sarada, and Totoma were. He wants to fight, and ultimately kill them. Though I suppose now that he knows that there's at least ten people who are going to try killing him, his priorities may have changed somewhat.

Arx Inosaan

It's more like .. Jagam's coming to Earth because that's where he heard Sarada, and Totoma were. He wants to fight, and ultimately kill them. Though I suppose now that he knows that there's at least ten people who are going to try killing him, his priorities may have changed somewhat.
    That doens't mean he won't be extra P.O.'d when he finds out Totoma isn't there. He might decide to trash every planet in existence just to flush him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That doens't mean he won't be extra P.O.'d when he finds out Totoma isn't there. He might decide to trash every planet in existence just to flush him out.
    I mean Jagam's been pretty ... tame as far as 'bad guy' is concerned. Only kills Saiyans, has no real interest in anything else. Even if he did get "extra P.O'd", I figure he'd just try to blow up the Earth before heading off to Vocado to finish off the Saiyan race.

Arx Inosaan

I hate to be "that guy," but, eh, I am "that guy," so *shrug*

(Please forgive me if this comes off as any way condescending, but I'm the dork who keeps voting for Totoma in the polls =P)

With respect to the cause and effect within the context of the greater plot, yes, that is what's bringing Jagam to Earth right now. Strong Saiyan seeks Strong Saiyan, willing to fight both, no-holds-barred. Tried and true to their nature, a taste of things to come, and probably the jumping off point for a greater Threshling arc in the near future. He's big, he's bad, the works.

However, the first time he was mentioned in a context where a PC was directly involved was within Totoma's backstory, in which - from what I recall - he broke Totoma's body and self-confidence, killed Tasure, and generally became emblematic of everything wrong in his life; from his hatred of the irrationality of his Saiyan side and the Pureblood culture in general, to his emotional dependence on the Cromwell family to give him meaning to the vital detriment of Karine and her father, Bekon emotionally abandoning him when he needed support the most, and his desire to be seen as a hero to become in some way worthy of the promise his mother thought he had.

Essentially the Vejituh incident was the launching point for his complicated nexus of self-loathing. Upon torturous self-reflection, Totoma's vicious attitude towards Saiyans in abnormal moments were reflected in Jagam, a fellow half-blood, and the idle thought of him being out there doing who knows what parallel, in a fashion, the harsh emotional swings that stunted Totoma's growth as a person. Whatever facade he could project as the Just Saiyan was the guy just running away from himself, unable to come to terms with what he could become, covering things up with capes and a smile instead of confronting what he needed to.

The day Jagam crossed Totoma was the most important day of his life, but for our pink-haired nemesis, it was Tuesday.

Now why he wanted the mindfix is obvious. While it that solved one of his narrative problems and allowed him to grow a bit as a person, that was something he wanted, but only roundabout accomplished what he needed. The deus-ex-machina nature of this was given more matter when Pinach and Rutaba showed up, and so Totoma discovered something essential, that he wasn't a phony, but he could possibly be mistaken about Saiyans and even inspire them to change.

Problem solved.

The offscreen revival of Tasure was a neat little novelty that served a purpose within the context of Sarada's story, but again, in solving another problem it removed some of his character incentive when she came off of the ice. Would Totoma ever know if his actions made his momma proud? Apparently we know that answer now, which is 'kinda'. Cross that one off too.

With Sion unfortunately needing to drop out, Karine is in character-retirement limbo, and while we can't do anything about that, again, their incumbent happily-ever-after is another problem solved, so at this stage, effectively just about everything Totoma needed to accomplish as a character has been given a resolution.

Except the matter of Jagam. His personal demon that represents everything he's moved past up until this point. There's probably some PMs here and there I am not privy to, but High School Englishing it here, Totoma has yet to face his Shadow; that Shadow is about to swallow his home.

There's your call to action if you want it.

Challenge accepted, Etrina.

...I'll be back to respond in a few hours.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Somewhere in another universe, Magnus Lindström is shuddering softly.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!