Page 45 of 719 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145545 ... LastLast

Master Khan Character related NPC

Princess Qaztoh Zorak Character related Important NPC.

K ( Killrog). Rex Vanwizer Jr. Character related Important NPC
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Alright, I'll add her to the PC list.
    I wont know if Cyanna and Dash are fully PC until after this fight. I need to see how well I handle all three.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

man I would really like to have pictures of The Toadian Princess Qaztoh Zorak and the Replita Leader K ( Killrog). Rex Vanwizer Jr.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well she looks suitably crazy.
    Heh, she sure does.

But yeah, obviously her backstory needs a lot of revision. Take your time, I'll submit it to Cleric when the time's right. There will be bloody (s)laughter.

My schedule will be changing in the fall post Labour Day. I'll try to get posts in when I can in the evenings.

For the moment, trying to figure out what the benefits of taking a pocket Etrina into battle - ie I'm not sure what she can do as written in her character profile - are and how we'd write such a thing in-game.

If I understand it correctly, having a Channel Focus will essentially allow Etrina to be in 4 other places at once, but without a unified consciousness between them. Therefore I suppose in-text, MrSandman can pop up in whichever scenario suits his tastes where they happen to be.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    For the moment, trying to figure out what the benefits of taking a pocket Etrina into battle - ie I'm not sure what she can do as written in her character profile - are and how we'd write such a thing in-game.

If I understand it correctly, having a Channel Focus will essentially allow Etrina to be in 4 other places at once, but without a unified consciousness between them. Therefore I suppose in-text, MrSandman can pop up in whichever scenario suits his tastes where they happen to be.
    The ability will make a little more sense when I get off my lazy ass and update her profile....which I'll likely end up doing tomorrow among other things.

I update how Praxat's Tongue electrocution technique works . it's power is rated in watts and heat is a side effect .
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    New month, new popularity poll, this time with some new players in the field.

https://www.strawpoll.me/16378968

For those that aren't aware, pick your top five favorite characters from the month of August, not including your own character. I'll post the results Tuesday.
    That makes today the last day to vote.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That makes today the last day to vote.
    You'd have some if tomorrow too, since I won't post the results until I get off work.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Oh damn, Jack is back.

Welcome back to the game, Ptrvc.

I'm back, although a bit burnt out so my activity levels are going to be kinda low while we're still prepping for Jagam.

Retired Overlord

Name: Etrina

Race/Species: Human

Height/Weight: 5'3", 140

Appearance
    33DZYmz.jpg

Power Level: 1,000,000

Style: Temporal/Lost Magecraft

Techniques
    Beast in the Maze
    The culmination of Etrinas experience within the perpetual maze of time. A state of being forged from thousands of deaths and rebirths, fighting tooth and nail again impossible odds, then suppressed within her mind. Can be triggered by will, or when her magic is suppressed. By triggering memories of her time in the maze, she reawakened an inner demon mentality.....a fearless, cold, calculating animal with no fear of death nor pain. A monster trapped within a maze. While in this form all ability to use magic ceases, and in return her PL doubles while her speed and reaction time increase to three times what it normally would be. She no longer feels pain, gains a sixth sense in combat terms and gains a measure of immunity to abilities that slows or suppress her strength. Effect lasts until hostility against her ceases or she is render completely incapable of continuing combat.

"Majin of the Eternal Maze"
    Advanced form of "Beast in the Maze". Etrina taps into Magic Power beyond what a normal human can or should channel....becoming a pure magical being. Her PL now increases by 3 times is normal value, while her Speed and reaction time increase by 4 times. She retains all the normal abilities of her beast mode(Pain resistance, Combat Sense and Immunity to PL reduction) but maintains use of her magic in an improved state(More to come). Currently can only be triggered by extreme distress.

Life Rewinder: Temporal Healing Magic, reverts damaged body parts to a undamaged state via temporal manipulation. Spell has been perfected thanks to training and no longer as an aspect for error. Spell can revert a dead body to a state prior to death, but since the soul is now separate the body becomes a mere husk. Cannot be cast by Foci.

Cooking the Spell
    Trick of Magic Developed by Etrina using Time Magic. Etrina can expend a turn in combat to "cook the spell" by casting it and immediately sending the spell power produced to her future self. Her future self can then add the sent spell energy to her own cast to increase the strength of the spell by the PL and strength of the initial cast.

Etrina's Temporal Do-Over
    Ultimate in Temporal BS Spellcraft. Etrina ejects her essence from her body in the form of a faux time form and sends it back through time by 10 seconds....during which she can perform one action on the reversing timeline around her before re-merging with her past self and continuing the timeline from there. Etrina time form cannot use any other magic during this reverse jump, and her action is limited to a physical one or use of a temporal weapon. When time resumes the same 10 seconds play out with the addition of whatever action Etrina performed during the reversal.

Cyromancy: The Conjuration and Manipulation of Ice Magic. Etrina can produce magically enhanced ice that can be fully manipulated through various forms and states. The Ice formed in this way has strong durability(TBD) and a high reflection against energy attacks. This Ice can be melded into weapons, shields or fully animated ice constructs....or can be shattered by the will of the caster into a cloud ice dust that surrounds and clings to enemies. As the ice is conjured, temperature has little to no effect on it as it would normal ice. Foci Castable.

Aura of Chilling Ki
    Etrina can produce a field of energy draining cold around herself that extents in a sphere around 20 meters. This field absorbs energy not produced by Etrinas Magic...lessening the effects of any form of energy that comes near her(Ki, Kinetic, etc). As a side effect, the temperature around her drops to freezing almost immediately....making fighting near her a challenge due to the extreme cold. (Foci Castable at a reduced range of 10 meter)

Absolute Zero
    By Focusing on a single target, Etrina can freeze a target to the point of a magically induced absolute Zero. A target in this state is stripped completely of the ability to produce its own energy, rendering it into a state of stasis. Requires focus to maintain, and cannot be cast with any other spell. Works on a inanimate target immediately.....but when used against living targets requires three posts to take full effect, during any point concentration can be broken and render the spell null.

Mystic Talismans: Creation of Magical Talismans. Small gylphed spellcards that apply specific effects to a target upon contact. Months of training have allowed Etrina to craft them on the spot using a combination of her magic and ki to form a temporary card that applies the effect and evaporates upon contact with the target. Targets with a PL double that of Etrina can overwhelm the effects of the talisman with their own ki and purge the effect from their body, other the effect lasts a minimum amount of time on living targets(2 posts) and an unlimited time on inanimate objects. The typees of Talismans are as follows:
    Imbue Talismans: Imbue a target with elemental/status attributes. Allowing weapons to strike with different effects, objects to gain elemental attributes(to their benefit or determent) or living targets to gain(or be harmed) by that element.
    Enhancement Talismans: Applied to a living target to transfer some of the Mages Stats to that target. (Enhance PL by 10% of the targets Base PL)
    Drain Talisman: Applied to an enemy to drain their strength for as long as it is active. (Drain 10% of a targets PL and transfer it to the user)

Vitamancy: Art of Channeling and Utilizing Life Energy. Etrina can drain pure ki from herself or a target and use it enhance her own energy, heal wounds or craft into spells. Etrina can use a strong single target drain(-30% PL) or a weaker by multi target drain(-10% PL per target) that she can then use to strength herself(increase her own PL by that amount), Empower Spells(Increase the strength of her next spell by double the drained PL) or empower another target(Strengthen PL of a teammate by that amount). If such a drain should ever reduce the PL of a target to zero, the target instantly dies and Etrina can use the energy to craft a soul shard that can provide the holder with a permanent PL boost(5% of the owners PL) and prevents Resurrection unless destroyed. The effect can stack, but Etrina can only hold/channel energy equal to her current PL. Foci can drain life only via ranged casting, and to a much weaker extent. (-2.5% per foci) which is transferred to Etrina(+10% max)(All PL are based on Etrinas current Base)

Soul Shards
    Crystallized Spiritual Energy created when Etrina either kills a being with her Vitalmancy, or drains her limit using vitalmancy and then converts it to a soul shard. Only one soul shard can be generated per living being....and in essence it acts as a representation of the targets soul. It gives the holder a small fraction of the owners PL(5%), and prevents the user from healing or resurrecting via any means while it exists. The shard can be broken, surrendering the soul back to the user and ending all effects in return for giving Etrina access to one skill linked to the users soul(a one shot use of any of their abilities that are not a passive ability).

Soul Whisper
    Etrina can access the contained soul of a foe via their Soul Shard. This gives her the ability to extract information the enemy might have known prior to the creation of the shard.

Magic Multi-Tool: By shaping magical energy, Etrina can create weapons of an Ethereal nature with her wand as the base and handle. These weapons are entirely magical in nature, replicating the shape while powered by Etrinas general level of magical strength....making them strike as hard as Etrinas Current PL would allow. Weapons created this way with projectile aspects while function normally, but projectiles dissipate after a few moments separated from Etrina. Foci cannot cast this.

Temporal Trap: By manipulating temporal energy on a small scale, Etrina can create small time locked spheres that bind anything caught inside and prevent them from moving or exiting the sphere. Anything attached that is outside will be unable to remove or move the trapped part from the sphere without expending enough energy to break the time lock via force. (roughly above 2x Etrinas PL). Time locks can only reach the size of a large soccer ball in size. Foci can cast this, but the effect can be broken by any target above Etrinas PL.

Magical Foci: Created by binding magicite crystals in a offshoot of the familiar summoning ritual, Foci are essentially small lesser familiars animated via a direct connection to the mage. Drawing on both magical and psychic energy to shape both form and independent action. With the mage acting as a hub, Foci can draw knowledge from their mage master and perform spellcraft of a equal or less potency, while transmitting information between each other in a sort of small form telepathic network. Through weaker on their own, each foci can contribute to another foci spell or the mage masters spellwork to produce much more powerful results. 4 foci essentially = 1 Etrina in spellwork, and 4 Foci + Etrina = 2x the spell power.

Foci currently come in four favors of Etrina
    White Foci - Etrinas Ego
    Blue Foci - Etrinas Intelligence
    Green Foci - Etrinas Lethargy
    Red Foci - Etrinas Curiosity
    Last edited by MrSandman; 03-15-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Retired Overlord

(Cont)

Endothermic Singularity: Focused Cryomantic Magic conjures a reverse star of intense cold that can be remotely manipulated. Appearing as a sphere of blue flame 5 m around, Etrina can link it to a target or create a localized gravity well. In the former, the orb will exert a strong pull on the target while simultaneously being pulled towards it, in the latter it will remain stationary and exert a strong pull on anything that moves in too close...including energy. As soon as it comes in contact with its target or any sufficient amount of matter it will implode, generating a solid mass of magic infused ice around the target. Because the singularity generates a near absolute zero core, energy attacks throw into it are reduces and absorbed with little to no effect or impediment on the orb itself. Only one orb can be active at a time and requires a one post recharge after detonation.

Time Frame: Creates time stamps of herself at multiple given locations, which allow Etrina to instantaneously move between these points at will. Whatever action she was taking at the time will also be saved when creating the stamp, and "loaded" when she returns to this point. Frames leave a point of magic *small sparkling sphere*that can be targeted to "destroy" that frame to prevent use.

Vitality Rot: Combination of Vitalmancy and the Nuckelavee Soul Shard. Etrina channels the spell through physical contact, spreading a corrupting rot into a target that targets spiritual energy. Techniques and abilities that use ki are weakened severely and physical combat capabilities are weakened. Lasts for 3 posts. Rot can be spread to another target from the first if anyone makes physical contact with them before the 3 turns expires. Holding the Nuckelavee shard renders one immune to the rot, and can also be used to end the effect should etrina have need to.

Atropos, Rainbow Blade of Causality
    Blade of Temporal Energy and former weapon of Chrona the Time Familiar. Atropos is a temporally malleable arm, the blade existing across the entire spectrum of time while the handle keeps it anchored to whatever space and time-frame the wielder exists in. The weapon has several functions, but most are locked presently based on the users skill and temporal knowledge.

-The Sword Handle is anchored to local space and time, but also shares a connection to the current wielder. The hilt can teleport to its masters hand on mental command.
    -When struck with the blade, it delivers a shock to the targets temporal signature....for the next several moments those lose perception of their own timeline, rendering them sluggish, hampering senses and the ability to use skills or channel ki.
    -Glows with multicolored light in the presence of temporal disruptions and OoT(Out of Time) Artifacts.
    -(Locked)When swung, the blade bypasses all temporally locked defenses by phasing through a point in time where they didn't exist, resyncing with the current timeline only to deliver the blow. This includes Shields, armor, ki barriers and any "temporary" defensive measure designed to block it. The only exception to this rule is defenses that have been perpetually active and thus have no moment for Atropos to use as a bypass. To the casual observer, the sword swing will simply pass through anything not the target.
    -(Locked)Secondly, once a target is chosen and the user commits to an attack....the sword will bend local causality laws in an effort to reach the wielders intended effect. All abilities that manipulate causality or "luck" are negated or even reversed on the user...and the sword will actively adjust its swing despite the users skill level to ensure a hit.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 01-05-2020 at 05:09 PM.

So with Etrina and Erosa's up, I'll just need profiles from:

Held
    Jack (Cuz he's back yea ?)
    Nevanlinna
    Totoma
    Zaofan

With those I'll be able to finish the PC sheet.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan